FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica Patricks Cup Schedule and Car Number

<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:35 pm

Danica Patricks Cup Schedule and Car Number

Tony Stewart and Danica Patrick wil be holding a press conference Friday afternoon to announce Patrick’s 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series schedule and car number. The pair will also unveil the GoDaddy.com Chevrolet that Patrick will be driving. It’s expected the car will look a lot like the car she drives in the Nationwide Series since it has the same sponsor.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Danica Patricks Cup Schedule and Car Number

beaverpond wrote:Tony Stewart and Danica Patrick wil be holding a press conference Friday afternoon to announce Patrick’s 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series schedule and car number. The pair will also unveil the GoDaddy.com Chevrolet that Patrick will be driving. It’s expected the car will look a lot like the car she drives in the Nationwide Series since it has the same sponsor.

so I guess they already chose a #. Wonder what it will be?
ImageImageImage
<<

OldTimmer

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:01 am

I believe 4 will be the number seance redbull is gone the 4 will be available.
I guess will see.
Go Rocket Man
<<

im4tony

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:56 am

OldTimmer wrote:I believe 4 will be the number seance redbull is gone the 4 will be available.
I guess will see.

Good thinking
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:24 pm

Tweet:
From Danica
Dans tribute helmet will be auctioned off at http://danwheldonmemorial.com. Its the first time I have changed my helmet or sold one, I'm excited!
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:47 pm

I heard on NASCAR.com that SHR will be on at about 3:30 EST to make their announcement with Danica
Image Image

<<

OldTimmer

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:42 pm

Well I was wrong the car number is #10
Go Rocket Man
<<

mutinywxgirl

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:46 pm

Tony looks happy. He and Danica have a very good rapport. Liked his comment wondering about how soon it'll be before she hates him for putting her out on the different tracks. Good press conference. For me, being a soccer aficionado, the #10 is huge! I like it - a lot!
~ Lisa ~

-KJ4NKM-
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:03 pm

Danica Patrick's long-awaited debut in the Sprint Cup Series will come in the 2012 season-opening Daytona 500, Patrick and Stewart-Haas Racing confirmed Friday at Texas Motor Speedway.

She's so focused on her Nationwide effort, off the top of her head she couldn't tick off all her additional Cup races, though initially she listed "Bristol, Darlington, Atlanta, Chicago, Daytona -- that's what I can remember."

"Conversations about [testing] the Cup car have been very limited. [Stewart-Haas] is in the middle of the Chase and it's just such a new relationship so that's something I need to get on because I want to get out there and I want to do well and the only way to do that is to test and get better."

Patrick has lived in Scottsdale, Ariz., near Phoenix while competing in IndyCar -- which means she's not been near the Andretti Autosport shops in Indianapolis -- or JR Motorsports or Stewart-Haas in the Charlotte, N.C., area either. She won't change, even considering she'll have 43 stock car races on her docket next year.

"I go [to the shops] when I need to go and I'll go to make seats and get to be friends with everybody," Patrick said. "But let's face it; we're going to spend 33 weekends together in Nationwide and eight to 10 weekends in Cup together -- so we spend a lot of time together.

"I'm always available by phone and if they need me to fly to Charlotte that's exactly what I'll do. But I don't feel the need to set-up shop [near Charlotte] -- I don't get that many days off [smiling] so to be honest I probably wouldn't be at the shop that many days."
Image Image

Return to NASCAR & Racing