Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Post a reply

Re: Tony's 3RD title?

Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:57 pm

is ryan at the level to be a sprint cup champion? i say no, i think he is a 2nd teer driver, now i know all the ryan fans are going to jump down my throat and tell me to get lost, but there has to be a point and time where it has to be asked will he improve?? he had one great year as far as wins go, and that was 03, ever since then he would win here and there, i will say his CC has held him back a lot this year, and if that does not get address in the off season, who is to blame? its the same rap ever weekend, and it gets old hearing tg say "we'll get them next time."

Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:18 pm

michaeljohn wrote:is ryan at the level to be a sprint cup champion? i say no, i think he is a 2nd teer driver, now i know all the ryan fans are going to jump down my throat and tell me to get lost, but there has to be a point and time where it has to be asked will he improve?? he had one great year as far as wins go, and that was 03, ever since then he would win here and there, i will say his CC has held him back a lot this year, and if that does not get address in the off season, who is to blame? its the same rap ever weekend, and it gets old hearing tg say "we'll get them next time."

Can't jump down your throat for that MJ,it's an honest answer and i agree. Whatever the reason he can't run like 03 they have to fix it,we can then see with the experiance he has now,can he win a championship.Ryan has alot of talent no doubt,but i'd at least like to see him able to contend for a championship and the rate the team has been going,it's not going to happen.Yeah,that about sums it up. :mrgreen:

Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:44 pm

Yea I am watching every Sunday and Smoke is going to win his 3rd title. He looks real good and with 3 tracks left he does well at them. Go Smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #14 3rd title 2011. :D

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:This theard is insane. First off Tony's season before the chase was more of bad luck with some bad performance. He should have won fives race probably. Tony is a two time chapion Ryan has none. Tony knows exactly how to win and the chase and that is why he is where he is today.

If your going to write something try to back it up by facts. The 39 team is just not as good as the 14 team late in the year. Ryan has also had bad luck he has a tire issue at Loudon, he wrecked at Talladega too.

There is a reason why Tony is considered one of the greats and Ryan has yet to achieve it in cup other than the 500.

-Smokeshow14-
I Agree with you 100% !!!
Also how can any one say Tony's "Backstabbing" Ryan ?
The teams name is Stewart/Hass Racing not Newman inc...
Everything comes down to the Last race in the Chase Only 3 points behind Edwards....
The Year of SMOKE may be Upon us... :twisted:

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:30 pm

I'm still trying to get past the comment about Tony taking Mobil 1 for his sponsorship over Ryan. HELLO, sponsors have A LOT to say about which car their name goes on. Mobil 1 was coming from having been at Penske on Sam Hornish's car and I think they wanted to be with Tony for several reasons, one of those being Tony is a champion. Not to slight Ryan but frankly Tony is a 2 time Cup champion.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:49 pm

FAST EDDIE wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:This theard is insane. First off Tony's season before the chase was more of bad luck with some bad performance. He should have won fives race probably. Tony is a two time chapion Ryan has none. Tony knows exactly how to win and the chase and that is why he is where he is today.

If your going to write something try to back it up by facts. The 39 team is just not as good as the 14 team late in the year. Ryan has also had bad luck he has a tire issue at Loudon, he wrecked at Talladega too.

There is a reason why Tony is considered one of the greats and Ryan has yet to achieve it in cup other than the 500.

-Smokeshow14-
I Agree with you 100% !!!
Also how can any one say Tony's "Backstabbing" Ryan ?
The teams name is Stewart/Hass Racing not Newman inc...
Everything comes down to the Last race in the Chase Only 3 points behind Edwards....
The Year of SMOKE may be Upon us... :twisted:

Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:51 pm

cslonewolf wrote:I know what I am about to say will get me alot of flack from alot of the people on this site but OH WELL can't win em all..........

We have three races to go to decide the 2011 Sprint Cup Champion, and Smoke is now sitting in 2nd place a mere 8 points out of first. Tony has a great shot at winning this title, and I guess that would be pretty awesome for most of the people here. I for one though will be pretty #### off if he does win it. Tony had a #### poor season all the way up to the Chase (while Ryan was having a pretty good year compared to previous seasons) Tony barely made the Chase by the skin of his butt, while Ryan was well in the top 10.

The Chase starts and Tony comes alive, while the 39 just falls off. Tony wins three races and Ryan has to struggle to get a top 20. What happened there? Did the boss man decide he can't have his employee outrunning him, so he took all Ryan's stuff? How else can we explain the complete flip flop of the teams performances? They said last week at Martinsville that Tony was using Ryan's set up, was that because he was using Ryan's car? I am just so annoyed by SHR right now. A good Sponser comes along like Mobil 1 (a company that has sponsered Ryan thoughout his whole career) and Tony snatches them up although he has already got plenty of sponsorship. Tony gets the good CC and the good crew while Ryan is stuck w/ Tubby Gibson and a crew that is as inconsistant as the weather.

Now Tony is looking to bring two more drivers into the fold. Danika and whomever else he can get (It's not looking like Martin wants any parts of it) to share driving duties w/ her. Who in their right mind would look at The way this season has unfolded for SHR and say to themselves "Ya know I think Ryan is getting screwed by Smoke, I think I'd like to get it up the butt from him too." I think Tony is gonna have a very hard time finding a driver who is gonna be willing to play 2nd, 3rd or 4th fiddle to Tony. When I first heard of Ryan signing w/ SHR back in late 2008 I thought it was gonna be an awesome pairing, now seeing the way the Penske cars are running, and the way he has been treated by Tony I think it may have been a mistake.
Post a reply