FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Martin not coming to SHR

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:57 pm

Martin not coming to SHR

The puzzle pieces for the 2012 season continue to fall into place with the latest speculation putting Mark Martin in the Michael Waltrip Racing stable for a partial schedule next year. #56-Martin Truex Jr. will return to drive MWR's NAPA Toyota with newcomer Clint Bowyer coming on board in a partner Toyota entry carrying 5-Hour Energy sponsorship for the bulk of the campaign. Sponsorship for the #00 entry driven by David Reutimann will not be in place for the entire 2012 schedule opening the door for Martin to take over and compete on a partial basis. Michael Waltrip Racing has an announcement planned Friday at Texas Motor Speedway where it is expected the team's firm 2012 plans will be unveiled

from Jayski
ImageImageImage
<<

jamo14

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Re: Martin not coming to SHR

saw that earlier, not sure what Rooty's situation will end up being.

I'm just glad SHR's stock keeps going up.

What would be funny is if Billy Bad-Butt comes to Tony looking for a job. HAHA
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

Lizard

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:35 pm

Sad, was really hoping Mark would be coming SHR. There is another post going on this subject somewhere on here, I think in The Lobby, where is says that Michael Waltrip plans on running the restrictor track and Mark running other races. Not sure where this leaves Reuti because I was pretty sure his contract goes through 2012.

Michael made a good choices with pulling himself from the car and bringing in Clint but putting himself back in the car does not seem too smart.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:54 am

Reuitmann got screwed. MWR was nothing without him. He's won the team's only two cup races, has the team's highest points finish, won the team's last nationwide series race, and now he is getting kicked out with three races to go in the season? While if sponsorship is found him finding a good ride wouldn't be impossible (the 33, Red Bull) it looks like back to nw nd trucks for him. Shame if he was in a better car he would be doing better. It's possible he could share Danica's car next season he and Tony are buds. Unlike Vickers and Ragan I actually hope he finds a ride.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:40 am

Very sad for David (local boy from just down the road in Zephyrhills, FL). I hope he can find a ride. He doesn't deserve this kind of treatment.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:44 pm

Mark Martin should retire for once and Mikey should leave the driving to someone who knows how since Dale Snr.is no longer here to tell him how! :evil: Hope Rooty finds a better ride and makes MWR regret letting him go,cold SOB!
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:53 am

he may have some good drivers now, but his cars suck, look how DJ's career tanked as soon as he went to MWR.
As far as DR coming to SHR, i could see it happening to fill the other 26 races, he is a solid driver and if he was around people who knew how to drive like tony and ryan, he could improve, just remember tony and ryan had a couple run- ins and now they are teammates, so anything could happen.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

SmokeFan14

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:36 am

Very disappointed in this turn of events. I've been saying that MArtin to SHR would be great and it would cover the now "#10" car with a good driver in the non-Danica races.

Less disappointed about Ruety, since I never really cared for him, then I am that Waltrip is thinking about getting back into a car again. To me he is the biggest waste of a driver in current times.
"Where there's Smoke, There's Racin'!"

Return to NASCAR & Racing