FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Good bye 48

<<

chip28018

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:12 pm

Good bye 48

Better luck next year jimmie cause "you be done". Looks like finally we can have a year to rebuild and think for one moment about someone else other than him. I was at charlotte cheered when he crashed and was very pleased to see him struggle today. Thank god for the 50 point seperation. Go tony but mostly go ANYBODY but the 48!!!
<<

OldTimmer

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Re: Good bye 48

I don't care what anyone thinks.
STICK A FORK INTO #48 JJ HE IS DONE YEHA.
Go Rocket Man
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:56 pm

All the hootin' and hollerin' about the 48 being "done" doesn't change the fact that he did 5 in a row.
Hate to say it, but, it ain't over 'til Roseanne Barr sings...... :roll:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:32 am

lemme know when your fav driver wins 5 in a row, ryan cant even finish a race, and well tony is tony, is best days have past :) they get their crew chiefs at morons are us......

cant wait til people start nailing me for sayin this but dont care..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:22 am

michaeljohn wrote:lemme know when your fav driver wins 5 in a row, ryan cant even finish a race, and well tony is tony, is best days have past :) they get their crew chiefs at morons are us......

cant wait til people start nailing me for sayin this but dont care..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

now why you got to pick on Ryan? I wouldnt do that to you if JJ had to be on the #39 team.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:36 am

I'm sure it makes Smoke #### proud to know some of his fans were cheering that wreck. You'd think that, if anything, the fact that Tony and Jimmie are good friends and that Tony considers Jimmie's title streak to be good for the sport would give the people that hang on Tony's every word and follow everything he says like sheep instead of being their own person at least a teeny bit of respect. And don't try to say "I do respect him, I just don't like him, blah blah blah." If you were glad he crashed at Charlote you don't respect the guy and you don't have my respect as a fellow racefan.

The fact that Tony has made it clear it makes him disgusted when people cheer when anybody crashes, regardless of who it is, oughta resonate. Actually the fact that they're human beings with families and friends that love them oughta resonate. I can't stand Kurt Busch but I was concerned for him after he piled under Bobby at Talladega yesterday and I didn't cheer. When Biffle slapped the wall at Charlotte, I laughed at that cause a slap with the wall is different from a crash.

As far as cheering Jimmie's misfortune, that's fine. If it bothers him, he can cry while he polishes those five Cups and the 60 race trophies. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind seeing someone else win the title, but kinda silly to puff your chest out about it.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:09 am

I remember a couple of years ago or so, Ryan had said after a crash he had been in...when he went end over end...that if people are here to see that kind of racing where a driver nearly gets killed, then don't bother coming because that is not what this sport is about.

Or something like that...

This was the accident when they had to roll the car back over and peel the roof off to get him out and I think it was the first year in the Army car.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

SoDakotaJune39

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:18 am

"This was the accident when they had to roll the car back over and peel the roof off to get him out and I think it was the first year in the Army car."

Beaver that was Dega in the fall of 09. Yes, the first year with SHR & the Army. That was the year the red flagged the race due to his wreck & the fact it was on its roof & he couldn't get out. Had to roll the car over cut it open & made it into a flip top to get him out. Restrictor plate races have not been kind to Ryan. Although Dega has been worse to him than Daytona. Oh well, that's racing & onto the next one.
June in South Dakota

Go Rocketman! Go Smoke!
Go Stewart-Haas Racing!!
RNFC member
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:11 pm

While I am really happy that JJ will not win six in row it sadly doesn't change the fact that he did something in this sport that we will probably never see again (at least for another 30 years). All greats streaks must end. I knew after Richmond when Dega was his only win that his era was over.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:12 pm

michaeljohn wrote:lemme know when your fav driver wins 5 in a row, ryan cant even finish a race, and well tony is tony, is best days have past :) they get their crew chiefs at morons are us......

Tony is 31 points ahead of JJ too in 4th with a shot at the championship.

Just saying.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

OldTimmer

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:28 pm

Yes JJ has 5 Championships in a row.
Under the old point system he would be LUCKY to have 1 championship.
Sense the chase format started the points leader has gotten the shaft.
Yes I know Tony has 1 championship under this format.
So to me the 5 in a row is not valid hence the the term Mr No time.
Never the less he has them and always will.
As for his crash at Charlotte I cheered when he spun out and was glad that his car was not fixable.
Yes I cheered when he started to spin out then it was O sh*t that was a hard hit.
The last thing anyone wants to see is a driver heart in a wreck no matter who it is.
I know I am going to catch a lot of flack from the JJ fan's on here that's fine but this is not A JJ fan club.
Go Rocket Man
<<

chip28018

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:04 pm

Don't care what anybody says nascar almost let one man kill the sport. And as for the who would cheer a crash... I would and I did and was proud to! I hope the man never wins another championship. To many fans have given up on the sport saying "well if he is always gonna win why watch". Yes I know some say well they are not true fans. After 5 years I didn't blame them. I never gave up on this sport watched races praying that someone else would step up and after 5 long heart breaking years its over.
<<

austin024

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:46 pm

Are you ******* serious guys??? You got be cold hearted son of a B!tch to want someone to wreck and possibly die....What a bunch of douche bags........ Theres 4 races left, I hope and prey Jimmie wins it...................
[edited to remove profanity]

I am who I am, If you dont like me. You Can kiss my ####
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:46 pm

austin024 wrote:Are you ******* serious guys??? You got be cold hearted son of a B!tch to want someone to wreck and possibly die....What a bunch of douche bags........ Theres 4 races left, I hope and prey Jimmie wins it...................

I am pretty sure everyone has heard of Dale Earnhardt and Dan Wheldon here kid and everyone has said they don't cheer when a driver hits the wall.

No one wants anyone to wreck and die and I think most of us are still trying to get over the fact that Dan Wheldon is no longer with us. Up until 2010 I wasn't really even a fan but it hit me hard. God forbid if we had lost JJ at Charoltte I would had probably teared up.

But JJ will not win it no matter what anyone says.

RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

austin024

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:49 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:
austin024 wrote:Are you ******* serious guys??? You got be cold hearted son of a B!tch to want someone to wreck and possibly die....What a bunch of douche bags........ Theres 4 races left, I hope and prey Jimmie wins it...................

I am pretty sure everyone has heard of Dale Earnhardt and Dan Wheldon here kid and everyone has said they don't cheer when a driver hits the wall.

No one wants anyone to wreck and die and I think most of us are still trying to get over the fact that Dan Wheldon is no longer with us. Up until 2010 I wasn't really even a fan but it hit me hard. God forbid if we had lost JJ at Charoltte I would had probably teared up.

But JJ will not win it no matter what anyone says.

And is there a reason as to why you keep calling me a kid?

I am who I am, If you dont like me. You Can kiss my ####
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing