FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Directv maybe dropping Speedtv in your area

<<

SoDakotaJune39

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:24 pm

Directv maybe dropping Speedtv in your area

DirecTV will drop your favorite shows and games on November 1.
Networks include: FX, FOX Regional Sports Networks, SPEED, National Geographic Channel, FOX Soccer, FOX Soccer Plus, FOX Deportes, FUEL TV and FOX Movie Channel. To find out if you will be affected go to http://www.keepmynets.com/, enter your zip code & it will tell you. This sucks, I don't care about most of the channels, but I DO watch SPEED. Practice, qualifying, Pre-race, Race Hub & of course the All-Star race. It sounds like more of an issue between FOX & Directv. :( :x :cry:
June in South Dakota

Go Rocketman! Go Smoke!
Go Stewart-Haas Racing!!
RNFC member
<<

tonycrazy

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: Directv maybe dropping Speedtv in your area

Its contract negotiations.....i have Dish and they did that to me last yr...it lasted bout a month but got it back.....ur Satellite network is trying to keep costs down and the networks want to raise it....DTV will come out the winner....we did....just be glad the races r on ESPN the rest of the season...lol

tc

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:25 pm

I thought about getting Direct TV, but if it doesnt have the speed channel I will stay with Cable personally.
ImageImageImage
<<

A2Zmama

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:27 pm

Hubby and I figured with about a million screaming NASCAR fans burning up their phone lines it can't last long. Present company included.
Just because I'm a family raising, meal cooking homemaking wonder, doesn't mean I'm a desperate housewife.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:49 pm

FOX is run by a propagandist Saudi Prince anyway. So I could care less if they EVER aired another race.
He has enough pull within the company to have stuff that is offensive to HIM pulled from the telecast, don't believe me ??...look it up for yourself, I did..... :shock:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:01 pm

I'll put up with it. Was so glad to move into my house 5 years ago and got to dump stupid Cox cable. I can't tell you how many times they "accidentially" shut it off. I had to use vacation days to stay home for them to come out and "fix" it, only to find out they shut it off by accident. Stupid idiots. To add insult to injury, they didn't have to come in the house to turn it back on so I wasted vacation days for nothing, since, obviously, I wasn't home when the shut the crap off. And, even weirder, I've seen commercials stating that Dish was losing Fox next year. Unless, of course, I misunderstood. I don't like Dish either anyway.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to NASCAR & Racing