FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Entire Racing Community Coming Together

<<

jamo14

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:58 pm

Entire Racing Community Coming Together

There has always been a lot of respect among racers across all the different forms of racing. The fans have been the only people who have ever compared what series is better than the other.

This is being proven now more than ever as Graham Rahal, current Indycar driver and son of the 1986 Indianapolis 500 winner Bobby Rahal, is setting up an auction to benefit the family of Dan Wheldon. Drivers from all forms of racing are donating items from all price ranges, as well as atheletes from other forms of sports.

Not only past & present indycar drivers donating items, but also drivers like Jimmie johnson, Bred Keselowski, Jeff Gordon, Brandon Bernstein, and Travis Pastrana...and atheletes like Lance Armstrong.

Graham is setting this up through his twitter account, and Fifth Third Bank has set up an account for the Wheldon Family in Indianapolis.

I thought this was a really cool thing that Graham is doing, considering he didn't get a full time ride (since CART went belly up a few years ago) until this year.

He's only listed a few big name donors like Jimmie, Jeff, Scott Dixon, Tony Kanaan, Brandon Bernstein, and Lance, but wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of items from WoO and USAC too, as well as the other major sports.

I tip my hat to Graham for doing this, and to all those donating items.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

dirt93

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: Entire Racing Community Coming Together

Very cool indeed.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

duffygoofy

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:23 pm

Very nice of him to do that and for everyone who is helping out.
ImageImage
<<

cslonewolf

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:13 pm

That is very cool, something should be done for Rick Huseman's family as well though. :idea:
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:15 pm

Wonderful gesture! It seems to me that the racing community is especially close. They know how dangerous their sport is and what the risks are that each one of them takes to do what they love.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:22 pm

cslonewolf wrote:That is very cool, something should be done for Rick Huseman's family as well though. :idea:

Found this for any and all interested.

We want to make sure you are all aware that Pole Position Raceway in Corona will be hosting an event to benefit the Huseman Family on Thursday, October 27th at 6:00 pm. Details about the event are below:

The off-road community is putting together a special event to celebrate the life of racing superstar Rick Huseman and his brother Jeff who were killed in a plane crash on Oct. 16 near Barstow. The event will be held at Pole Position Raceway in Corona on October 27 beginning at 6pm and will raise money for his wife Michelle and two-year-old son Ricky. The event will feature both silent and live auctions along with world-class indoor karting, food and drink. The nation’s best off-road racers are expected to be in attendance including Ricky Johnson, Brian Deegan, Carl Renezeder, Scott Douglas, Johnny Greaves, Rob Maccachren, Mike Childress and World Rally Cup racer Ken Block. For directions or more information check out www.PolePositionRaceway.

Please share this info with as many people as possible so we can really get the word out about this event.

Also, the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series will have memorial stickers and patches available at the Las Vegas event for any racer who is interested in running one.

Hope this helps CS......... :)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]

Return to NASCAR & Racing