FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

When a driver dies

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:04 pm

When a driver dies

we obviously worry about him & his family, but I have to wonder how it affects the safety crews that 1st get there as well? I know from exp. you can go through a long time of what if's or only if's. A lot of unknown people are affected by these kinds of tragedy's that people dont think about or realize.
I hope they can stay strong as well.
ImageImageImage
<<

dirt93

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:39 pm

Re: When a driver dies

Very true.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

SmokeFan14

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:09 pm

As a former firefighter and a retired police officer with over 30 years experience in dealing with accident trauma I can tell you that you find a way to deal with. Some people do not handle it well and turn to other sources, bad ones, like alcohol, drugs, shunning family & friends for alternatives. Others recognize that while we all try to be strong on the outside, it is the inside that counts.

In this day and age there are vast networks of professional people to turn to, both within the industry and outside of it. The stigma that was PTSD is not looked at like a disease anymore. I have no issues in telling people I have PTSD from an injury that ended my career, and no issues in sitting down with people in a similiar situation, or a person trained to help people cope. The important thing is that the people at Las Vegas need to know that people can help, that they cannot bottle it if it is manifesting itself, and they are not going to find the help at the bottom of a bottle.

In recent years many of the professional sports associations, and many amateur as well, have recognized that there is an a need for assistance and they do make it availalbe to those that need it.
"Where there's Smoke, There's Racin'!"
<<

smokieonefour

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:40 pm

Very well said ^^^^

NASCAR is the only sport that has a prayer before the event... I believe. Teams don't say a prayer for no reason, each week.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

jamo14

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:54 pm

smokieonefour wrote:Very well said ^^^^

NASCAR is the only sport that has a prayer before the event... I believe. Teams don't say a prayer for no reason, each week.

they're just the only ones that televise the prayers ;)
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

Return to NASCAR & Racing