FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

addington not returning.....

<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:48 am

addington not returning.....

story just broke today, addington will not return to penske....... i wouldnt be surprised if he got tired of baby kurt and his screaming, addington be a good fit for shr
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

ryannewman39

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:05 pm

Re: addington not returning.....

I like the sound of that MJ it would be an excellent fit too. :D That could be a dream come through dont you think?
:D
RYAN NEWMAN AND THE TEAM #39 U.S. ARMY/HAAS AUTOMATION/TORNADOS CHEVROLET ARMY STRONG AND RACIN TO WIN PROUD MEMBER OF THE SHR GARAGE GANG
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:55 pm

i think he would be a perfect fit for ryan, they both have that quiet way about them and think their personalities would mesh............ that would have me excited for next yr!
<<

cslonewolf

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:10 pm

Can I call DIBS for Ryan? if so
DIBS!!!!!!!!!!
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

cslonewolf

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:18 pm

I can almost see it now Zippy will be hired to replace Grubb on the 14 team, Grubb will become the new comp director. Addington will be hired to be Danika's C.C. and Ryan will be stuck w/ Tubby . :cry: :cry: :cry:
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:38 pm

Just heard on TV a rumor that Addington will go to SHR & to Tony's team with Grubb going back to HMS & Zippy being director.
If that happens I will be ####. I am sick of Ryan's team being ignored.
ImageImageImage
<<

aws14

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:04 pm

On ESPN, a few minutes ago, they said all of it's just rumors. Steve said he'll be at Penske next year and Penske confirmed it.
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:20 pm

Here is a idea I came up with. Steve Addington comes to SHR as Ryan's crew chief. Tony Gibson becomes Danica's/ Mark Martin's crew chief. He was Marks before. Home Depot and Bass pro shops pick up the sponsorship for the races Mark runs. Darian stays with Tony and Zippy is the new Director of Competition. Look out!!! This could be dynamite. :D I like this idea.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:02 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Just heard on TV a rumor that Addington will go to SHR & to Tony's team with Grubb going back to HMS & Zippy being director.
If that happens I will be ####. I am sick of Ryan's team being ignored.

Ryan who? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Come on Schmoppy,yah know the rumors are gonna fly this time of year.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:08 am

If he comes...IF...I think he'll be Dani(ca)'s... ;) :D
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:02 am

Addington denies he's leaving No. 22 team
Rumors continue to swirl he's a candidate for 2012 opening at SHR with Patrick

Steve Addington, crew chief for the No. 22 Dodge driven in the Sprint Cup Series by Kurt Busch, denied reports Friday that he would be leaving the team and Penske Racing at the end of this season.

Sources have said for weeks that Addington was unhappy in his current situation, however, and speculation has run rampant that Addington may join Stewart-Haas Racing in some capacity in 2012. He is in his second season as Busch's crew chief, with Busch entering Saturday night's Bank of America 500 sixth in the Chase for the Sprint Cup standings, 16 points behind leader Carl Edwards.
"We're here to concentrate on winning the Bank of America 500 and this championship," Addington said. "I don't know where this is coming from. That's all I can say."

Asked if he expected to be back with Penske as crew chief of the No. 22 car in 2012, Addington added: "That's the game plan."

Yet Addington's name has surfaced again and again in connection with Stewart-Haas Racing, as SHR is seeking both a competition director and a crew chief for the car that will be driven part-time at the Cup level in 2012 by Danica Patrick. A team spokesman confirmed earlier through Darian Grubb, Tony Stewart's crew chief, that Grubb was not a candidate for competition director and expected to remain Stewart's crew chief in 2012.

That could leave Addington as a viable candidate to become Patrick's crew chief.

Greg Zipadelli, Stewart's former crew chief at Joe Gibbs Racing, also has been rumored as a candidate to become SHR's competition director. But J.D. Gibbs, president of Joe Gibbs Racing, said on Thursday that he still expects Zipadelli to return next season as crew chief of driver Joey Logano's No. 20 Toyota.

A spokesman for SHR indicated Friday that the search for a competition director is "ongoing," while adding that the Patrick crew chief situation is " very fluid" as the organization's focus continues to be on making the Chase cars of both Stewart and Ryan Newman "as competitive as possible as they pursue this championship."

That source added that "Darian Grubb is Tony Stewart's crew chief this week, next week and in the weeks to come."

Kurt Busch declined comment at CMS on Friday. But he has had issues with Addington and others in the Penske organization, with one source saying he "trashed the hauler" after posting a sixth-place finish in the first 2011 Chase race at Chicagoland Speedway following testy verbal exchanges with both Addington and team owner Roger Penske. If Addington were to move on at season's end, Busch would move on to his fourth primary crew chief since joining Penske Racing in 2006.

Addington has 16 career wins as a Sprint Cup crew chief, including two in each of the past two seasons by Busch, who won at Dover on Oct. 2. Addington's other 12 Cup wins came during a stint atop the pit box with Kurt's younger brother, Kyle, at Joe Gibbs Racing before Addington was replaced when Kyle Busch failed to make the 2009 Chase.

The only other major crew chief opening known to be available for next season right now is that of driver Clint Bowyer, who will be joining Michael Waltrip Racing when he leaves Richard Childress Racing at the end of the season. Sources have said Brian Pattie and Pat Tryson are believed to be the leading candidates to fill that position, with Bowyer himself confirming earlier that Pattie was being considered.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:11 am

this rumor spread pretty quick, but sometimes even when they deny it, it ends up bein true, but who knows...........
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:55 am

Maybe he knows that if he says that he is leaving that they will do to him what they did to the last crew chief who said he was leaving two years ago...they locked him out of the garage for all activities except on raceday.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:49 pm

beaverpond wrote:Maybe he knows that if he says that he is leaving that they will do to him what they did to the last crew chief who said he was leaving two years ago...they locked him out of the garage for all activities except on raceday.

I agree and only time will tell. Nobody could fault Steve for wanting to get away from "the elf". He's an a$$ and has no respect for anyone or anything on or off the track. Addington is a good crew chief and I think he'd be an asset to SHR. But you also have to look at MWR for him. I wouldn't mind Zippy for competition director for SHR , but not for Tony's crew chief. I felt that last year they were together that they were rather "stale" and maybe just a little too comfortable together. We probably won't know anything for sure till after Homestead anyway.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Well.... I've been accused of being a 'Kurt fan' ... but really, as I try to clarify... I am a Steve Addington fan. :-) I think the man is a genius and it's been wasted on the Busch brothers. I was HORRIFIED to see Kyle "throw him under the bus" on his last year ( I thought Kyle was extremely petty, juvenile and rude ) ... but was a little happy to see Kurt pick him up the next year. After I sighed a heavy sigh ... I thought "Well.... at least he ( Steve ) IS working again... and at a "top" < choke > team.... let's just see how it goes.

Well... Kurt currently sits 6th in points - before Charlotte - and I don't think that's an accident or "all" Kurt. I've heard Kurt over the radio on the race shows, and he is JUST as bad as his little bro.

I REALLY, REALLY wish Steve could find a good driver to get behind and let his genius shine. If it's at and helping SHR, all the better. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing