FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bowyer's new ride..............

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: Bowyer's new ride..............

ndunn wrote:My guess is Clint Bowyer took the choice of not being thrown under the bus and chose his own future. Who know if it was right or wrong. Time will tell. It seems owners comes up with the same excuse and that's the sponsor thing. Rousch is great at not being able to find a sponsor when he needed one. Hendrick is more up front and just tells a driver he isn't wanted. Best thing in NASCAR is being born with a great name and a family loaded with cash.

Your absolutely right on Roush and Hendrick. Roush did it with Burton (though Burton was going to leave anyway Roush was still making room for Edwards) and McMurray. Hendrick did it with Ken Schrader(sp), Ricky Craven, Joe Nemecheck, Jerry Neadu, and Casey Mears.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:10 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:
ndunn wrote:My guess is Clint Bowyer took the choice of not being thrown under the bus and chose his own future. Who know if it was right or wrong. Time will tell. It seems owners comes up with the same excuse and that's the sponsor thing. Rousch is great at not being able to find a sponsor when he needed one. Hendrick is more up front and just tells a driver he isn't wanted. Best thing in NASCAR is being born with a great name and a family loaded with cash.

Your absolutely right on Roush and Hendrick. Roush did it with Burton (though Burton was going to leave anyway Roush was still making room for Edwards) and McMurray. Hendrick did it with Ken Schrader(sp), Ricky Craven, Joe Nemecheck, Jerry Neadu, and Casey Mears.

Well to be fair Nadeau got injured & ended his career.
ImageImageImage
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:06 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:

I didn't realize Hendrick got rid of so many as I only paid attention to the drivers I had followed. I thought Johnny Benson got a raw deal from Rousch. I have followed Johnny for years as he's from Michigan and raced in areas I know. I'm sure racing is a cut throat place if it has to be but one feels sorry for the ones that get tossed. It's too bad now all drivers can't smooze a sponsor like Micheal Waltrip can. He has to be the best at it and it's a good thing as he hasn't done much winning. I also thought Ken Schrader got a bad deal too and their isn't a nicer guy than he is or devoted to the sport. I never missed a broadcast he and Johnny Benson did. They both were awesome. We sure could use them as replacements to what's out there now. There wouldn't be any boogity boogity every 30 seconds.....

as always it's my opinion and I still do have the right.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

classic_chevy

Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:11 pm

great another toyota sucks he couldn't go to SHR
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:45 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:

That was when he was in the 01 though remeber? They had fired him for front row Joe.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:49 pm

ndunn wrote:
I didn't realize Hendrick got rid of so many as I only paid attention to the drivers I had followed. I thought Johnny Benson got a raw deal from Rousch. I have followed Johnny for years as he's from Michigan and raced in areas I know. I'm sure racing is a cut throat place if it has to be but one feels sorry for the ones that get tossed. It's too bad now all drivers can't smooze a sponsor like Micheal Waltrip can. He has to be the best at it and it's a good thing as he hasn't done much winning. I also thought Ken Schrader got a bad deal too and their isn't a nicer guy than he is or devoted to the sport. I never missed a broadcast he and Johnny Benson did. They both were awesome. We sure could use them as replacements to what's out there now. There wouldn't be any boogity boogity every 30 seconds.....

as always it's my opinion and I still do have the right.

I forgot the biggest name Rick Hendrick fired... Kyle Busch. Not based on talent clearly but attitude. That shows how really cut throat Rick Hendrick is with his drivers. They have to not only be but also maintain a good attiude.

Benson did get screwed RFR I forgot about that too. The dude is a champion in every other series he has raced in full time (trucks, nationwide, asa late models), Roush never gae him the equitment he needed to run well.

Don't forgot poor Craven. He got hurt during his stint at HMS and then Rick just assumed he was damagaed goods (no pun intended).
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:33 pm

If you are referring to the two major crashes that Craven had in the #32 Tide Ride, he was driving for Joe Gibbs at the time and the one that took him out of racing for about two years was in 2002 in Texas where he was a teammate of Tony's at the time. Yea, I was a fan of Tony's, and Ricky's back then. But, I knew Ricky before that from working in one of the hotels he used to stay at when he was in the area. He used to race in the Busch Series North years and years ago. Seems like a life time now. When he ran in what is the Nationwide Series now, he had Bud for a sponsor and I think he had HMS as ownership, but I am not sure of that. My memory gets lost going back that far for some information. I know it was #52. You also have to remember Ricky is from Maine and has a lot of fans who followed him who are still here and still attend his fundraisers.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:56 am

beaverpond wrote:If you are referring to the two major crashes that Craven had in the #32 Tide Ride, he was driving for Joe Gibbs at the time and the one that took him out of racing for about two years was in 2002 in Texas where he was a teammate of Tony's at the time. Yea, I was a fan of Tony's, and Ricky's back then. But, I knew Ricky before that from working in one of the hotels he used to stay at when he was in the area. He used to race in the Busch Series North years and years ago. Seems like a life time now. When he ran in what is the Nationwide Series now, he had Bud for a sponsor and I think he had HMS as ownership, but I am not sure of that. My memory gets lost going back that far for some information. I know it was #52. You also have to remember Ricky is from Maine and has a lot of fans who followed him who are still here and still attend his fundraisers.

wasnt the #32 tide ride Cal Wells owned car? I dont remember Craven ever racing for JGR.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:00 am

Smokeshow14 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:

That was when he was in the 01 though remeber? They had fired him for front row Joe.

thats right. it was the #01 After Schrader left, it seemed like no one could hold down the 25 car seat for too long.
ImageImageImage
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:48 am

Okay...I am right and wrong. I am right because he did drive for JGR for one season in 2004, but he did so as a driver who would go out and test the #11 Old Spice car at different tracks.

I am also wrong because the #32 was owned by PPI Motorsports which was owned by Cal Wells. PPI Motorsports was liquidated in 2007 and a lot of the employees ended up working for MWR and Cal Wells is now Executive Vice President of Operations at MWR.

God, I hate being wrong...but what is worse is being both. I knew he did drive for JGR, just not the way I thought. What is really bad is having to open up four browser tabs to do the research because I wanted to make sure I got it straight on here the second time around. I am not about to go for three and call it three strikes and you are out.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:08 am

SS, Schrader left HMS because he wasnt getting the attention he thought he deserved, that is when he went to drive for APR, in fact Schrader asked Dale SR which would be best and Sr told him," go to the place that will show you the attention you deserve."
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:13 pm

It was interesting having the facts brought to attention here. Most of them I had completely forgotten. If they aren't current drivers their pasts get shuffled. I didn't realize Kenny Schrader left Hendricks on his own. The one incident I remember of his driving for Hendricks was a race where Jeff Gordon wanted to get around him and he rear ended Schrader and he flip flopped down the track. I thought at the time he was gone and I never thought much of Gordon after that. They were team mates but I guess Jeff didn't know that. I've missed Ricky Craven as much as Johnny Benson as I thought he was a classy guy. I guess I'll have to get out some of my older NASCAR books and catch up with some of the retired drivers.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:43 pm

that might of been DEGA, gordon was on old tires and clipped the back end of Kenny, and he went flipping down the backstretch, towards the end, i felt they used Kenny as R&D for the other teams, because 95 and 96, he had so many engine problems where as gordon and labonte won the championship in those years, and prior to 95, Kenny finished 4th in points, and one point he was 2nd with two months to go..
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:26 am

MJ Kenny really left HMS on his own? That reminds me of Vickers. He left HMS after he got tired of JJ, Gordon and Kyle Busch winning all the races.

HMS can really focus on one driver and he'll lead them to titles (JJ right now), have another driver be right there but not really be a true contender (Gordon) a 3rd team that usually will win and make the chase but not a contender (Jr right now could be a Kahne) and the 4th team struggles (could be Jr or Kahne next year).

I wonder if since Kahne will be the youngest driver there (he will be turning 32 next year) if maybe Rick is going to focus on him the most? Kahne hasn't won since 2009 though.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:25 am

it sucks that hendrick does that, spends most of his time with one driver, look how far martin fell since joinng them, he had a great first yr, all of the sudden he was a mid pack driver, its hard to be a JJ fan and having to deal with hendrick cuz sometimes he is full of crap, but for as long as HMS has been around, it seems that 25 has been jinxed, never running well no matter who drove it, im not a big fan of JR bein at HMS, i feel JR is taking away from all the other teams, especially the 5 team.
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing