FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't dump on Chad anymore

<<

jamo14

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:28 pm

Re: Can't dump on Chad anymore

that song took me back in time :geek:
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:51 pm

Jamo... not sure why you're all up in my grill over an opinion.... but let me respond. :-)

jamo14 wrote:smokieonefour :arrow: "I just have to wonder what goes thru kids heads when they hear / see stuff like that on TV."
[color=#BF0040] :idea: don't let your kids waste a Sunday afternoon watching tv[/color]

I don’t have any children - I have a nephew who is in Foster Care with me… and he doesn’t watch TV on Sunday afternoons.

smokieonefour :arrow: It seems, in school, the kids are coddled beyond belief.... everyone gets to play / try / a turn
:idea: how do they learn if they don't get a turn? and no they're not coddled. my oldest has been doing homework since kindergarten :shock:

How do they learn? Practice until you’re good enough… and not be entitled to a spot.

smokieonefour :arrow: .... everyone gets a ribbon because they're ALL winners ( just for trying! )
:idea: maybe in northern cal, but not in Indiana

Maybe... just may be.... ;-)

smokieonefour :arrow: teamwork, teamwork, teamwork... "There's no "I" in teamwork" ( or $ signs )
:idea: :idea: this deserves 2 light bulbs just for typing what you typed

I don’t even know what that means ^^ LOL

smokieonefour :arrow: Then the kids watch TV and see this...."if you're not good enough to win with, then you're out!"
:idea: what do you think "No Child Left Behind" really means? :o
:idea: Michael Jordan was cut from junior high basketball :shock:

There is nothing ( zip, zero, nada ) in the incomplete and un-funded “No Child left behind” bill that says anything about school sports & participation. The bill encloses physical education, but more in the exercise / physical fitness dept, than sports. So now I’m confused by this and where you’re going…. LOL

smokieonefour :arrow:- - It's all about the money now... morals, ethics be ####.
:idea: which is why every kid gets a turn during summer league sports, cause it costs parents a sh!t-ton of money just to be on the roster, drive to practices & games that often fall on the same evenings as the other siblings in the family.

My parents paid a boat load of money for all four of my brothers and sisters to play sports. Regardless of how much was paid, how far we drove, what night it was on, etc… “I” still had to perform… or sit on the bench ( soccer ) That’s the way it was.

:idea: "No Child Left Behind" is based on money. People in wealthy school districts don't get left behind because they can afford outside help for the kids' school development....thus getting more funding from the gov't based on the superb perfomance on their standardized testing scores, compared to other school districts in lower income areas who can't afford outside help.
:idea: Furthermore, when has it not been like that at any point in history?????

When I was in school, in the 70’s, you had to perform to participate. The only ribbons given out were for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

not sure where you were going with all this, and frankly it didn't make a whole lotta sense to me
, being a parent of 3 kids ages 1-7 who are pressured more than my generation to learn more at a much faster pace (homewrok in kindergarten is f%ckin crazy)

That’s OK…. I stated it was just my opinion of things and you don’t have to agree, disagree or even understand. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

jamo14

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:50 pm

not sure what "up in my grill" means, but no, I didn't understand your opinion cause it bounced around from school to sports (which is why I covered both topics, or maybe I received a contact high from you...it's VERY windy today)
I reckon you were talkin about kids who are atheletes, not the strictly bookworm kids.

But as far as what the kids do when they see this (allbeit nascar, which is mainly watched by middle-aged people), I think they see where their favorite driver (or prettiest car) finished.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:35 pm

Jamo... you CRACK me UP! LOL (( contact high... windy day )) :-)

(( That won't be a problem in the next few days / weeks ;-) ))

Also ..., re; the up in my grill statement.... just wait my friend... your time is coming! LOL

One day you will find yourself using kid slang and your kids will say "Dad ( or Mom or Aunt ) don't use my lingo." hee hee hee :-)

** If my nephew heard me say 'why you up in my grill?" he'd say, "Ummm... that's not my Aunt...."

ha ha ha :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:26 pm

JJ always has a nice purdy Memorial day weekend car.....
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:12 pm

While I don't like how the 29 has now just dumped their pit crew when the chase starts, it is better than replacing your pit crew mid race.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:01 pm

well this is the 2nd year in row buddy that the 29 crew got the shaft, at least chad learned from the mistake he made last year, so u cant keep bringing up what happened in texas
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:37 pm

michaeljohn wrote:well this is the 2nd year in row buddy that the 29 crew got the shaft, at least chad learned from the mistake he made last year, so u cant keep bringing up what happened in texas

well the reason chad is chad, is because he learns from mistakes.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:41 pm

and his mistakes are few and far between, but he is no tony gibson thats for sure, all he does is throw ryan to the wolves, at least chad listens to jimmie and helps him find what makes the car go fwd.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:49 pm

michaeljohn wrote:and his mistakes are few and far between, but he is no tony gibson thats for sure, all he does is throw ryan to the wolves, at least chad listens to jimmie and helps him find what makes the car go fwd.

thing with Chad is he learns from others misstakes as well. Not just his own.
I bet he learns all kinds of things reading Tony Gibsons transcripts Image
ImageImageImage
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing