FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

if the elf did nothing wrong, why apologize???????

<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:59 pm

if the elf did nothing wrong, why apologize???????

UPDATE: NASCAR said Monday it does not plan to take disciplinary measures after driver Kurt Busch's unsavory interactions with two media members following Saturday night's Sprint Cup race at Richmond International Raceway. And, in an apparent effort to clear the air, the Penske Racing driver contacted the reporters individually Monday; both reporters confirmed that Busch had apologized. Busch shouted expletives at one reporter on pit road who tried to ask about his ongoing rivalry with Jimmie Johnson (the drivers had two on-track scrapes Saturday) and had to be physically restrained by Penske Racing teammates. NASCAR, which promotes a "boys, have at it" approach to on-track discipline, indicated it wasn't going to entirely sweep Busch's actions under the rug. "No disciplinary action is planned," NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp said. "But we will be following up and discussing with Kurt this week."(USA Today)(9-13-2011)

he has a big mouth, got called on it, can't back it up (unless his team is there blocking him from that person), especially when the man he is dogging is 4 seats away,
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: if the elf did nothing wrong, why apologize???????

He really is an idiot. He puts on such a slimey smile in interviews and then spouts vile in the car and after races.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:37 pm

and it is because of him that some look down on kyle........ if i ranked drivers iam not thrilled about, it be the elf and jpm......
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:04 pm

michaeljohn wrote:and it is because of him that some look down on kyle........ if i ranked drivers iam not thrilled about, it be the elf and jpm......

To be honest. Kyle hasnt done himself any favors for image. I wouldnt exactly blame Kurt for Kyle's antics.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:17 pm

What gets me is all this could have been avoided if someone let JJ know It wasn't intentional on Kurts first contact.Kurt probly didn't want to admit he overdrove the car,his comments about beating JJ in his Penske Dodge made me LMAO! Kurt better find someone else to drive the #22 if he wants to beat JJ,even his team mate in his sophmore year is better than he at handeling the pressure for the chase. :mrgreen:
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:45 pm

Maybe you have heard of the song "There is Power in the Blood", it is a hymn we sing in church from time to time.

Well there are some things that are thicker than water, I ain't talking about the swamp either. Although the Buschs' and the swamp both stink. :mrgreen:
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:08 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:and it is because of him that some look down on kyle........ if i ranked drivers iam not thrilled about, it be the elf and jpm......

To be honest. Kyle hasnt done himself any favors for image. I wouldnt exactly blame Kurt for Kyle's antics.

well people i talk with a lot mentioned the whole kurt is a jerk and so maybe kyle is too, personally im not a fan of either one, they are both arrogant, need to learn humility, i have more hope for kyle doin that than his brother.
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:20 pm

Mj,

I don't know if you would agree with this or not, but there has been some maturity shown by Kyle this year...some, not a lot, but some. It is amazing what a wife can do to her husband.
Image Image

<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:34 am

Hmmm.... lots of interesting points of view, as usual. :-)

I think Wolfgang made the most sense.... and there is a LOT to be said, for what beaver said about finding and having the "right woman."

As many know, Kurt is not a fav driver of mine, by any means, but I always try to stand behind Steve Addington, as I believe him to be a great crew chief. ( Just not for Kyle... LOL )
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:10 am

beaverpond wrote:Mj,

I don't know if you would agree with this or not, but there has been some maturity shown by Kyle this year...some, not a lot, but some. It is amazing what a wife can do to her husband.

i agree 100% with what you said thats why i said i have more faith in kyle growing than his brother....
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:15 am

Now who would have thunk it...you and me agreeing on something 8-)
Image Image

<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:11 am

haha so true, we will have to keep that a secret.....
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:25 pm

That was the dumbest thing I have seen any driver do. But I really don't care. I don't feel sorry for Jenna Fryer (just not a fan of her she is aalways the "victim" because she is a woman).
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:47 pm

beaverpond wrote:Mj,

The wife if he's whipped or was it Richard Childress that got his attention? :lol:Either way,both are good drivers,i just could never stand Kurt, but can tolerate Kyle.

Return to NASCAR & Racing