FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Anyone thought about THIS ??

<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:57 pm

Anyone thought about THIS ??

I've heard Mark Martin's name mentioned as a possible investor in a sale of Red Bull Racing. What would happen if MM were to become part owner of the defunct RBR team? Would it be a long-shot to think that if he WERE to buy in, that he might talk the rest of the investment group into selling to SHR? That would give him a ride for next year as well as answer ALOT of questions as to where Danica is gonna get all her equipment. Would it be that hard to convert all the equipment in that shop to Chevy specs? All of a sudden, SHR has an engine/chassis department and can stand on its own without HMS' help. I mean it is newer machinery and would REALLY make it easy for SHR to be a 4 car team.......................anyone out here in left field with me ?? 8-) :shock: :lol:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:18 pm

Re: Anyone thought about THIS ??

Like where you're going with this MW,who says yah have to build Toyota engines with the machinery and aren't all the basic chassis dimensions and body templates near the same or being COT actually the same with differant engines and nameplates? The thought of this is great,or are we just dreamin the same dream? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:33 pm

MW is a genius!!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:36 pm

wolfgang wrote:Like where you're going with this MW,who says yah have to build Toyota engines with the machinery and aren't all the basic chassis dimensions and body templates near the same or being COT actually the same with differant engines and nameplates? The thought of this is great,or are we just dreamin the same dream? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well......I don't know how much of this is "dream" or how much COULD actually have some merit. I've read in various publications that Jay Frey has been talking with MM about it. I've got a friend with his ears to all the walls and he's a pretty reliable fella. See, his daughter in law is a cousin to the guy that drives the Red Bull transport. I'll give him a call in the next couple of daze. Maybe something's gonna come of it after all.....we gotta have a little hope for diversity, huh ??
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
color]
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:41 pm

onerockindoc wrote:MW is a genius!!

Thanks Doc.....I wouldn't go so far as to say that, but Thanx anyway. I have a funny feeling that something is gonna happen that is VERY unexpected...cross your fingers that its something like this ;)
color]
<<

tonycrazy

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:01 pm

I think im w/ ya on this....i always thot MM would head to SHR....this makes a viable possibility....

tc

<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:16 am

cost some bucks to switch over, and if she is under the SHR banner why go outside the team to get cars ( not cluding hms)?
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:35 am

michaeljohn wrote:cost some bucks to switch over, and if she is under the SHR banner why go outside the team to get cars ( not cluding hms)?

I wasn't talkin' about goin' outside the team to get cars. If MM can talk the investors into selling to SHR, they'd have their OWN SET-UP and wouldn't need anything from anyone. That's what I was talkin' about.
color]
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:01 am

I think Mark would make a good owner.
Haven't heard or checked anything out about that though, haven't had time to surf around really. Keep us posted if you find out anything.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:45 am

...two BIG issues... 1) Would Tony and Gene want to buy in...BIG expense. 2) That would leave you with ANOTHER car that needs sponsorship, which = 1 and 2 halves(1/2 Ryan, 1/2 Danica and full on the 4th.) needing sponsorship...not a good economic climate for sponsorship $$$$.

That being said, I'd LUV to see them a fully independent team. :D :D
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:33 pm

We Oklahomans have had a lot of wide fires around here lately, so I'm going to throw a little water on this subject. I heard that Mark Martin wants nothing to do with ownership of a cup team.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:39 pm

NascarNanaOK wrote:We Oklahomans have had a lot of wide fires around here lately, so I'm going to throw a little water on this subject. I heard that Mark Martin wants nothing to do with ownership of a cup team.

yeah I have heard the same thing. He doesnt want to use his own money. Just likes to drive.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:38 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:
wolfgang wrote:Like where you're going with this MW,who says yah have to build Toyota engines with the machinery and aren't all the basic chassis dimensions and body templates near the same or being COT actually the same with differant engines and nameplates? The thought of this is great,or are we just dreamin the same dream? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well......I don't know how much of this is "dream" or how much COULD actually have some merit. I've read in various publications that Jay Frey has been talking with MM about it. I've got a friend with his ears to all the walls and he's a pretty reliable fella. See, his daughter in law is a cousin to the guy that drives the Red Bull transport. I'll give him a call in the next couple of daze. Maybe something's gonna come of it after all.....we gotta have a little hope for diversity, huh ??

This comes through,this would be the best thing for SHR,look how well everyone else runs building their own.Keep us posted MW-i like it! :o :D Hope,#### im prayin'! ;)

Return to NASCAR & Racing