FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Congrats to Brad K. (with ambivalence)...

<<

tlmerk

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:34 am

Congrats to Brad K. (with ambivalence)...

I hate the fact that Brad K is now just behind Tony in the Chase.

I want to congratulate him on his THIRD win this year, his second after breaking his ankle. I want to say the fact that he has been in the top 5 in his last 4 races is an incredible accomplishment but I can't be as excited because as the time comes close for the Chase cut-off, Tony is just one vulnerable spot from Brad. Maybe Brad is who Tony was referring to when he made the statement about not deserving to be in the Chase (meaning Tony didn't deserve it but a few after him did).

All those fans who didn't think Brad had it, should now be rethinking his talent. You don't have to like the boy, but hopefully many of you will admit he deserves to be driving with the big boys. He has talent. I would still like to have seen Tony bring him into SHR. Brad has talked about his respect for Tony many times. I think it would have been a good fit.

But I'm liking the Danica move too. Should be an interesting season next year.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

bray536

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:28 am

Re: Congrats to Brad K. (with ambivalence)...

Tony's not winning the championship anyway, so I hope BK gets into the top 10. If he gets into the Top 10 his wins will count as bonus points to start the chase. He is definitely 10,000x more deserving than Tony right now. I want to see actual title contenders in the chase.

Plus missing the chase may cause some people to lose their jobs :D
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:15 am

bray536 wrote:Plus missing the chase may cause some people to lose their jobs :D

I really don't care one way or the other about Brad, but I agree with your last statement. BIG changes are needed back at the SHR shop besides releasing Bobby Hutchins.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:35 am

I remember people sayin' the FR9's had a horsepower advantage. Well, the Penske's have been makin' power all year, at every type of track, they're just now(at least in Kez's case) gettin' the set-ups to match... HP + good set-ups= SUCCESS! ;) :)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

tonycrazy

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:47 am

Im w/ HH on this one.....i never said Brad could do it...just didnt want him too....i dont like him and never will...period....

Agree again w/ HH on new changes....there def needs to be some...but i'll leave it to Tony and the ppl that get pd the big bucks to do it...im sure they have their reasons and have a lot more info than we do....Tony has made a success of every thing he has touched i think i will just keep w/ the faith that he will handle this accordingly...

tc

<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:58 am

Out with the old and in with the new,Brad Keselowski is coming through! :mrgreen:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:21 am

well I hope he doesnt get in the top ten. Not because I am rooting for Tony, but because I am rooting for Ryan. If brad gets in the top ten then that is 9 more points to him putting him ahead of Ryan in points.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:33 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:well I hope he doesnt get in the top ten. Not because I am rooting for Tony, but because I am rooting for Ryan. If brad gets in the top ten then that is 9 more points to him putting him ahead of Ryan in points.

Much as i like Ryan and Tony,i don't see them as factors in the chase this year and would rather see the #2 and #18 go head to head if their momentum keeps up the way it has,this could get interesting.The #48 we can't count out and for the #29 and #99 it seems pretty rocky for them lately compared to earlier this season as the #22.These six do seem the most deserving and honestly at this point i don't care who wins it,long as it's someone differant for a change.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:34 pm

Well I'm just gonna say "CONGRATS TO BRAD!" and leave it at that... no further explanation needed or excuses for others.

I was under the impression ( and I may be miles off ) that when SHR or other teams buy equipment from competitors... it's kind of like cooking with spaghetti sauce out of a jar.... it's just the starting point and you tweak it, to your preferences.

Also, I think Wolfgang brought up a VERY important point ( in another blog ? ) that not many are stopping to consider... and that is the new tires. Wolfgang is right again ( in my humble opinion ) that some drivers have mastered the new tires... and others are still struggling. I believe Tony might be struggling, which is heart breaking and shocking because he's supposed to be able to drive anything with wheels/tires. Turns out, if you change them ( wheels / tires ) that saying just might not be so.... anymore.

? ? ? ?
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:59 pm

SHR gets chassis & engines from HMS. I'm sure they are all the same. From there, it is up to SHR to get the car in shape to race. Shocks, springs, sway bars, track bars, brakes, weights, etc. are all selectable parts that they can change as they see fit. The guys in the shop are supposed to be the high-paid experts who know how to put together the right combination of parts to make a car competitive for Tony.

As for the different tires, all the teams have to deal with the same tire at each track. Some just seem to have figured them out quicker than others and that's the point.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:11 pm

As they say in the Rocky Horror Picture show....."Oh Brad, I'm mad for you"
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:06 pm

Dale Earnhardt struggled with Radial tires when they first come out with them,it's not uncommon for a tire compound to mess you up either as even on Dirt tracks.The drivers that catch on quicker than the others are generally the ones who aren't use to anything else because they haven't had much experiance with the old tires.What puzzles me is,SHR came out of the box great the first few races and they were better than HMS.WTF happened since then is beyond any of us.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:55 am

wolfgang wrote:What puzzles me is,SHR came out of the box great the first few races and they were better than HMS.WTF happened since then is beyond any of us.

I agree. I am as confused about this late season slip as you and everyone else. Whatever happened to Tony really getting going during the summer races? That trend seems to have come to an end. :(

I'm trying to stay positive about Atlanta. He has run good there in the past, so I am hoping...

<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:57 pm

The only drivers i like now running good is the #2 and I actually didn't expect he'd run this good so soon in only his second year.The way i look at it is the #2 and #18 have turned it around,so the possability of the #14 turning it around isn't too far from reality ;) Never too late till it's over :!:
<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:50 pm

I see Tony as a real good 4th-quarter quarterback. I think he can turn it around right now. It's all about the equipment and some luck. He usually favors the end of the season (another thing he and the #2 have in common) and he is not above performing miracles. Only with Tony it's not miracles, it's just a lot of talent and a lot of experience and some keen intuition.

I would NEVER write off Tony and it makes me mad to hear him write off himself and his team. I hope he just said that in the heat of disappointment and he doesn't really feel that way.

Yep... the 18, 2, 39 and 14....MMmm.... wouldn't we kick some butt? :-)
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing