FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Confessions of a Jimmie Johnson Convert

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:38 pm

Confessions of a Jimmie Johnson Convert

http://www.4ever3blog.com/2011/8/23/237 ... on-convert

Don't be mistaken, I am and always will be a Stewart fan first, but I've become a fan of the 48.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:28 pm

Re: Confessions of a Jimmie Johnson Convert

Smoke14TS wrote:http://www.4ever3blog.com/2011/8/23/2378948/opinion-confessions-of-a-jimmie-johnson-convert

Don't be mistaken, I am and always will be a Stewart fan first, but I've become a fan of the 48.

:D
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:40 pm

nice article aaron, as many dislike him because he wins, some will feel the same about him as they do jeff gordon in 10 years, people call him boring and dull, but if they spent the time to read articles or watch videos of him away from the track, he is anything but boring and dull..........
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:42 pm

michaeljohn wrote:nice article aaron, as many dislike him because he wins, some will feel the same about him as they do jeff gordon in 10 years, people call him boring and dull, but if they spent the time to read articles or watch videos of him away from the track, he is anything but boring and dull..........

I dont like him, because I am jealous of his team. The way I feel as a fan has nothing to do with how I think of him as a person.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:02 pm

I don't really find myself hating a driver anymore. But I will never be a Jimmie Johnson fan. Never have been never will be. I have respect and admiration for what he's done but that's about.

I could see myself liking Kyle Busch... He can drive!
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:13 am

I read the article and agreed with some and other things I'd argue. It's just choice but I really support the fact that he does support other drivers. I've heard the same ole same ole about Gordon and Johnson but fans felt the same about Richard Petty at times also. He wasn't the King to all fans. There were others so I assume there has to be someone we can complain about. I also like Kyle Busch but not as a favorite. I like his cowboy attitude and that attitude got trimmed a little with the car incident. His public service will be good for him and show him the world doesn't revolve around him.I think if we look back 20 years nothing has changed and the racers haven't either. We love some and dislike some.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:38 pm

I didn't read the article... but while I wouldn't consider myself a "fan" of the 48 and Team.... I do like and have tons of respect for Jimmy and what he and his team have accomplished.

NDunn said it pretty good, that over years of watching the sport, "favorites" come and go, in all shapes, sizes & colors.... and there is someone for everyone. :-)

I think it's kind of a sad state of affairs, that no one likes "the good guy" anymore. :-(

He's plain, vanilla, boring, compared to the bad boys, the ones you love to hate, the ones that create or stir up controversy. Next to them, a straight shooter like Jimmy would be boring.

But I think that if one takes the time to read or really listen to what he's saying ( instead of booing or talking over him... LOL ) you'd find a very neat man... the type most parents would want their daughters to marry. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.

Return to NASCAR & Racing