Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:00 pm
•2010 Race Winner: #1-Jamie McMurray, 136.054mph, started 4th
•Race Record: Bobby Labonte, August 2000, 155.912mph
•Slowest Race Record: Jimmie Johnson, July 2008, 115.117mph
•Worst Starting Spot to Win: Jeff Gordon, August 2001, started 27th
•Oldest Race Winner: Bill Elliott, 46 years, 9 months, 27 days, 8/4/2002
•Youngest Race Winner: Jeff Gordon, 23 years, 2 days, 8/6/1994
•2010 Pole Sitter: #42-Juan Pablo Montoya, 182.278mph, finished 32nd
•Track Qualifying Record: Casey Mears, August 2004, 186.293mph
•Oldest Pole Sitter: Mark Martin, 50 years, 197 days, 7/25/2009
•Youngest Pole Sitter: Reed Sorenson, 21 years, 5 months, 24 days, 7/29/2007
•PREVIOUS BRICKYARD 400 WINNERS:
YEAR-CAR#-DRIVER, MANU, AVE SPEED, STARTED
1994: #24-Jeff Gordon, Chevy, 131.977, 3rd
1995: #3-Dale Earnhardt, Chevy, 155.206, 13th
1996: #88-Dale Jarrett, Ford, 139.508, 24th
1997: #10-Ricky Rudd, Ford, 130.814, 7th
1998: #24-Jeff Gordon, Chevy, 126.772, 3rd (2)
1999: #88-Dale Jarrett, Ford, 148.194, 4th (2)
2000: #18-Bobby Labonte, Pontiac, 155.912, 3rd
2001: #24-Jeff Gordon, Chevy, 130.790, 27th (3)
2002: #9-Bill Elliott, Dodge, 125.033, 2nd
2003: #29-Kevin Harvick, Chevy, 134.554, 1st
2004: #24-Jeff Gordon, Chevy, 115.037, 11th (4)
2005: #20-Tony Stewart, Chevy, 118.782, 22nd
2006: #48-Jimmie Johnson, Chevy, 137.182, 5th
2007: #20-Tony Stewart, Chevy, 117.379, 14th (2)
2008: #48-Jimmie Johnson, Chevy, 115.117, 1st (2)
2009: #48-Jimmie Johnson, Chevy, 145.882, 16th (3)
•Run all the Brickyard races: four drivers have run all 17 Brickyard 400's since it first ran in 1994:
#24-Jeff Gordon [4 wins]
#47-Bobby Labonte [1 win]
#5-Mark Martin [best 2nd once]
#31-Jeff Burton [best 5th once]
•Five Current Race Tracks the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series runs on that #5-Mark Martin has not won a Sprint Cup race at:
Homestead: 0 for 12 with a best finish of 2nd in 11/2005
Daytona: 0 for 53 with a best finish of 2nd in 2/2007
Pocono: 0 for 49 with six finishes of 2nd, last in 8/2004
Indianapolis: 0 for 17 with a best finish of 2nd in 8/1998 and 7/2009
Kentucky: 0 for 1 with a best finish of 22nd in 7/2011
(plus Martin ran five races at Nashville and four races at Riverside and didn't win)(7-9-2011)
•At Indianapolis Motor Speedway:
• Indianapolis Motor Speedway has existed since 1909, and is the original "Speedway," the first racing facility to incorporate the word in its name.
• With a permanent seating capacity for more than 250,000-plus people and infield seating that raises capacity to an approximate 400,000, it is the largest and highest-capacity sporting facility in history.
• There have been 17 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at Indianapolis Motor Speedway since the first race, in 1994.
• Four drivers have competed in all 17 races: Jeff Burton, Jeff Gordon, Bobby Labonte and Mark Martin.
• Rick Mast won the first pole, in 1994.
• Jeff Gordon won the 1994 inaugural race.
• There have been 14 different pole winners.
• Jeff Gordon leads all pole winners, with three.
• 10 drivers have won, led by Jeff Gordon, with four victories.
• Jimmie Johnson (three), Dale Jarrett and Tony Stewart (two each) are the other multiple winners.
• Hendrick Motorsports has won seven races, more than any other organization.
• Nine races have been won from a top-five starting position.
• The furthest back a race winner has started at Indianapolis was 27th, by Jeff Gordon in 2001.
• Two drivers have won from the pole: Kevin Harvick in 2003 and Jimmie Johnson in 2008.
• Dale Jarrett (1996), Jimmie Johnson (2006) and Jamie McMurray (2010) are the only drivers to win both the Daytona 500 and the Brickyard 400 in the same season.
• Tony Stewart (8.2), Jeff Gordon (9.4) and Kevin Harvick (9.9) are the only active drivers to average a top-10 finish.
• Three of the last five Indianapolis races ending under green had a margin of victory under one second.
• 14 of the 17 races have been won by a past, reigning or future NASCAR Sprint Cup champion. The only three that were not: Ricky Rudd in 1997, Kevin Harvick in 2003 and Jamie McMurray in 2010.
• The winner of the Indianapolis race has won the championship in the same year eight times in the 17 years the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series has raced there: 2009: Jimmie Johnson; 2008: Jimmie Johnson; 2006: Jimmie Johnson; 2005: Tony Stewart; 2001: Jeff Gordon; 2000: Bobby Labonte; 1999: Dale Jarrett; 1998: Jeff Gordon. (NASCAR)(7-26-2011)
Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:13 pm
Cool Facts of the Brickyard Jamzzzz
Here is a original post card of the Pogoda in 1947 as it stood back then. With a 1947 original Ticket to the Indy 500 race.......The Winner "Mauri Rose"