FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

UHHHHHHHH OHHHHHH Speed's back???

<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:36 pm

UHHHHHHHH OHHHHHH Speed's back???

From NASCAR.COM........

Scott Speed will attempt to qualify for Sunday’s Brickyard 400, driving the No. 37 Max Q Motorsports Ford Fusion.

Speed’s NASCAR Sprint Cup career had been in limbo since Red Bull Racing dropped him at the end of last season. Speed subsequently sued Red Bull for breach of contract, with litigation still pending.

Max Q Motorsports is owned by Larry Gunselman and its No. 37 Ford is 39th in driver points this season, with Tony Raines behind the wheel for most of the season.

Speed will drive the car in the next three Cup races - Indy, Pocono and Watkins Glen — “with hopes of continuing the rest of the 2011 season pending sponsorship,” according to a team release issued Monday afternoon.

For his career, Speed has 76 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts, with one top five and three top 10s. He also has eight top 10s in 13 starts in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, and one win, four top fives and nine top 10s in 16 starts in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.

Earlier this year, he entered the Indianapolis 500 with Dragon Racing, but after practicing for the race, parted ways with the team prior to qualifying.

“I am excited to get back to the track,” said Speed. “Max Q Motorsports seem to have a good operation and a great group of guys working on the 37. Ford has a great engine package so I’m hopeful that we can get the ball rolling quickly and be competitive out the gate.”

“We are excited to have Scott Speed join us,” said Larry Gunselman, Max Q Motorsports owner. “He has shown great talent in a small period of time in stock cars and with the right operation I think things can really take off. We will start by focusing on qualifying and go from there.”
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:37 pm

Re: UHHHHHHHH OHHHHHH Speed's back???

I'm not excited....accident waiting to happen.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:32 pm

I am very happy to see this. I think Scott he is a good driver who got screwed by red bull and got brought out to cup too early. I am hope he cam redeem himself.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

azk8ster

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:32 pm

"REACH UP AND PULL THOSE BELTS TIGHT ONE MORE TIME!"

Hope all the guys at the body shops are ready for some overtime....
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

smokieonefour

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:43 pm

Hey now.... LOL .... don't y'all be dissin my local Cali boy.... LOL

I agree with Smokeshow...and thought Scott got a raw ( as in icky oyster ) deal from Red Bull.

Red Bull keeps 'the Human Pinball' and no one has a problem with that? LOL

p.s. Scott Speed hails from a little town called Manteca, about 50 - 60 miles away. About the only thing Manteca has is a big water slide and nuts... almonds & walnuts ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:03 pm

smokieonefour wrote:Hey now.... LOL .... don't y'all be dissin my local Cali boy.... LOL

I agree with Smokeshow...and thought Scott got a raw ( as in icky oyster ) deal from Red Bull.

Red Bull keeps 'the Human Pinball' and no one has a problem with that? LOL

p.s. Scott Speed hails from a little town called Manteca, about 50 - 60 miles away. About the only thing Manteca has is a big water slide and nuts... almonds & walnuts ;-)

I have been to the Manteca Water slides when I was a kid. :D
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:18 pm

lets see, he had 2 years in the car and did next to nothing, he got good at qualifying because he was hardly in the top 35 in points, red bull was nothing but fair, he drove for them in f1, arca, truck, and cup, only success he truly had was arca, except for that one win in truck, he didnt have the talent to be rushed into cup, he should have stayed in truck or NW for a couple years, now hes career in cup is all but over, he will mainly get rides for new teams that cant get anyone else, or start and park teams, but no one will take you serious when you put more priority in painting your toenails then driving....
<<

jamo14

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:59 pm

^^^^hit the toe nail on the head^^^^
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

Return to NASCAR & Racing