FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Edwards to gibbs????????

<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:05 am

Edwards to gibbs????????

Has Edwards signed with Gibbs? Speculation about #99-Carl Edwards raged through in the NASCAR garage throughout the weekend, with unconfirmed reports that the stock car racing star - now back atop the Sprint Cup standings after Sunday's New Hampshire 301 - could definitely be heading to the Joe Gibbs Toyota operation next season and leaving Jack Roush's Ford operation. No one would say much at all on the record about the Edwards situation. However, it appears something is changing, or has changed. Just what, if anything, isn't clear. And yet still there was little more than more silence Sunday. No one involved was leaping into deny or confirm anything. Part of the speculation involves sponsorship possibilities. Edwards is considered one of the sport's most attractive drivers from a sponsor's viewpoint. And it is believed that part of the driving factor in the Edwards-Gibbs possibility could be Home Depot, the home improvement giant which has 'lost' five straight NASCAR championships to arch-rival Lowe's and #48-Jimmie Johnson.(MikeMulhern.net)(7-18-2011)
<<

duffygoofy

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:41 am

Re: Edwards to gibbs????????

Does that mean there getting rid of Busch? That would be cool if they did.But i know they won't.
ImageImage
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:41 pm

funny how marketing and past champions sometimes don't go hand-in-hand (example Matt Kenseth...loses Dewalt then soon Crown Royal)
that being said, now that the Ford engines have caught up to chevy & yota, I would think sponsors would be more willing to head over to the Roush/Yates offices.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:45 pm

duffygoofy wrote:Does that mean there getting rid of Busch? That would be cool if they did.But i know they won't.

If anyone gets the boot at JGR, I think it will be Joey.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:54 pm

they will expand to 4, nobody is goin anywhere.........
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:45 pm

Gibbs already said he wants to be a 4 car team.
I wouldn't doubt this rumor, but until it's said ya or nay, we can only guess.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:53 pm

duffygoofy wrote:Does that mean there getting rid of Busch? That would be cool if they did.But i know they won't.

That would be just like Hendrick getting rid of Jooooooonyer. Doesn't make any sense. And NO it wouldn't be "cool" if they did. That kid's got more pure talent than anyone on the Gibbs roster. Why get rid of a PURE RACER just because people like you don't like him ?? Guess I should've considered the source first, huh ??? :roll: :roll:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

jamo14

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:00 pm

I don't like Kyle Busch, but if I had a race team, I'd hire him in a heartbeat

<<

duffygoofy

Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:11 am

midwesternsmoke wrote:

That would be just like Hendrick getting rid of Jooooooonyer. Doesn't make any sense. And NO it wouldn't be "cool" if they did. That kid's got more pure talent than anyone on the Gibbs roster. Why get rid of a PURE RACER just because people like you don't like him ?? Guess I should've considered the source first, huh ??? :roll: :roll:

Can't take a joke.Then don't read what i put in the blogs.Its ok for other people to say what they want but you don't bash them but you bash peanut and me. Get a life and you know i don't give a Sh#t what you say.FREE COUNTRYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:38 am

duffygoofy wrote:
midwesternsmoke wrote:

Can't take a joke.Then don't read what i put in the blogs.Its ok for other people to say what they want but you don't bash them but you bash peanut and me. Get a life and you know i don't give a Sh#t what you say.FREE COUNTRYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I can take a joke.....you're a joke, a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGG F&CKIN' JOKE, and I don't mean a funny one either. I think you're a pitiful excuse for a human so why dontcha go jump off a bridge and save the system from having to support the SUPPOSED twins. As for my disdain for you and "PEN!S" you can shove that too and shove it reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllly far up there too. I'm sick of the both of you and all the bullsh&t favoritism that goes on around here. Let's EVERYBODY feel sorry for "DOPEYGOOFY and PEN1S" they really deserve it because they are sorry people. Oh, and I'll bash ANYONE I WANT..............FREE COUNTRYYYYYYY :lol: 8-) :P
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:44 am

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa a fight!!!!! and im not involved wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:21 pm

michaeljohn wrote:yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa a fight!!!!! and im not involved wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*Schmoop sneaks up & pokes MJ in the eye* LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:25 pm

thanks buddy, i was trying to have a uneventful week, but ya dragged me in.........
i cant think of anything right now, can we continue this when ryans crew messes up? that gets my blood boiling hahaha
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:52 pm

michaeljohn wrote:thanks buddy, i was trying to have a uneventful week, but ya dragged me in.........
i cant think of anything right now, can we continue this when ryans crew messes up? that gets my blood boiling hahaha

I just didnt want you feeling left out.
See I was looking out for ya! Image
ImageImageImage
<<

jamo14

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:36 pm

duffygoofy wrote:
midwesternsmoke wrote:

Time for another Letterman moment:

Jooooooonyer Can't take a Sh#t.
That kid's got more pure pushing talent than anyone on the Hendrick roster.
Doesn't make any sense.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing