FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony Is Tired

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:37 pm

Tony Is Tired

Here's a NASCAR.com article link: http://www.nascar.com/news/110715/tstewart-season-questions/index.html

I always assume the worse in cases, this one no different. The thought that crossed my mind after reading this article was, Tony's so fed up in how he's doing anymore that's he's going to race until Danica comes over in 2013 & she'll be taking over the #14 car while he still is part owner of SHR.

After all, Tony has him a young young thing, he wants to settle down, he's frustrated in how he's been doing for a good while now, & he wants a family. He doesn't want to race long into his life at NASCAR, he wants to get back to his love of dirt racing.

Better enjoy what's left of 2011 & 2012 because I look for him to retire (though I don't want to see that).
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:55 pm

Re: Tony Is Tired

I don't know about that. He may be tired, but JZ is very young and very into racing herself. I doubt that she would give up her raciing career at such an early age for kids. To have a child, she'd have to give up at least a season. It's not impossible, but seems highly unlikely. And Tony is very much into racing still. If he did give up Cup racing, which I doubt, he'd never give up racing on dirt.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Weachter78

Post Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Tony Is Tired

No where in the article does it state or even imply that Tony will only race another season or two as you mention. I understand that it is your opinion but, that particular article doesn't provide any fact backing it up.

I have followed Tony his entire career and the one trait that resembles Tony more than any other in my opinion is he is not a quitter. Tony, in my opinion will not hang up his driving career until he reaches the pinnacle of success with SHR, winning a championship as driver/owner. At that point, I could see Tony focusing on the ownership side to build his business/brand. Tony, as a driver, has never failed at anything and I expect that to continue at SHR. He didn't part ways with a guy like Bobby Hutchens for know reason. That was an absolute risk but, SHR has been mediocre and Bobby was part of the medocrity for both teams Tony felt. It was an unpopular move as Bobby is very well liked and helped get SHR started in the right direction.You don't make a move as bold as that knowing you are going to quit driving in a year or two.

Return to NASCAR & Racing