FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Davey Allison

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Davey Allison

18 years ago today, he passed away.

He was my first true hero, I was only 6 at the time so thinks hurt more now than they did then. Miss him dearly. Had he lived, I'm not sure I would have been a Tony Stewart fan, but I'm confident that had he lived I would have been pulling for one of the greatest drivers auto racing had ever seen.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:38 am

Re: Davey Allison

they dont make em like davey no more, i remember the day perfectly, i was going to see pete townshend in philly when i heard about it,

he was a bad #### when it came to driving, all those wrecks he had in 92-93 n ever missed a race, drove in the cup race the day after clifford died............
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Re: Davey Allison

It doesn't seem possible that it has been 18 years since Davey passed. It was longer then that when Clifford passed. The Allisons were my favorites for years and I just loved their attitudes. Now the elder Allisons were really Old School and played a big part in making NASCAR what it is today. I've always remembered Cliffords accident as it happened here in Michigan at the Michigan International Speedway.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.

Return to NASCAR & Racing