Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Post a reply

Awesome, David Ragan Wins

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:48 pm

Great to see a Georgian back in victory lane.

Re: Awesome, David Ragan Wins

Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:03 am

the way he was running all spring, it was just a matter of time............

Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:46 am

David was my pick to win.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:56 am

David has always been a strong plate racer. A bunch of good cars like Tony and Dale Jr hung in the back to avoid any wrecks. But when it went green the last half of the race, they really had no chance because they were so far back in the field with 3 to go when the caution came out. I don't like the strategy of hanging in the back, and that is a big reason why. They are banking on the fact that there will be a caution with 10 to go to bunch everyone up.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:45 am

Well done David (with a little help from Matt) :!: :!:

But, he wasn't one of my picks. :(

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:39 am

Kenseth pushed him to the win.

How much yall willing to bet this is his only career win (ala Casey Mears).

I hope Roush really doesn't resign him and they put either Trevor or Ricky in that car. Both have more potiential then he ever will have.

Just shows you how much of a crapshoot this kind of plate racing has become.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:54 am

Smokeshow14 wrote:Kenseth pushed him to the win.

How much yall willing to bet this is his only career win (ala Casey Mears).

I hope Roush really doesn't resign him and they put either Trevor or Ricky in that car. Both have more potiential then he ever will have.

Just shows you how much of a crapshoot this kind of plate racing has become.

...I dunno'...he'd been in it at the end of the 500 if not for the penalty.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:43 am

SS are mad cuz you cant crow about jamie mac? last year was a fluke so i wouldnt be pissin n moaning about another driver waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, your such a hater cant give anyone credit

Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:20 am

I was excited to hear that he won. About 1/2 the time he's one of my 3 picks. I don't think it's a fluke. He and Matt K were a strong team the entire race. Remember Dave would have won the Daytone race that Trevor B. won if he had not switched lanes too early at the last caution.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:06 pm

i am just amazed how all of the sudden some people are discrediting plate races, did they all feel that way when tony was winning the NW races? I highly doubt it, first i had to read " if it wasnt for tony, danica would not have that good finish." now all of the sudden, people are saying it is no big deal that david won last nite, but im sure if tony won all this hoot and hollering would be going on, instead its the total opposite, the reasons these threads go up about a driver winning is because many here are good sports and give credit where credit is due, david deserved the win and earned it, danica ran a good race and earned it, i enjoyed last nites race even tho the two guys i follow didnt get the finish id hope for..............

Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:24 pm

Kenseth was my pick for the race, I'll take second....."Good points day" :lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:38 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:Kenseth was my pick for the race, I'll take second....."Good points day" :lol: :lol:

CONGRATS - you done better than me. :D

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:06 pm

First win for UPS since Dale Jarrett in '05 at Talladega. 8-) 8-)

Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:17 am

michaeljohn wrote:SS are mad cuz you cant crow about jamie mac? last year was a fluke so i wouldnt be pissin n moaning about another driver waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, your such a hater cant give anyone credit

You don't win The Daytona 500, Brickyard 400 and a race at Charlotte and nearly make the chase (really should have) and be a fluke. Jamie is having an off year and I accept that (almost as bad as another good driver Jeff Burton who has 0 top tens). Next year when the EGR cars get better he'll be back better then ever.

I just don't like Ragan don't seem much talent there took him five seasons to win a race and not at the only type of plate racing which was way more skill. He's a cup cailber driver buthe should be in like the 32 or something.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:19 am

I was glad David won this race even if Kenseth helped he didn't win sitting on pit road in the rain.
Post a reply