Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Post a reply

Not a Happy Camper

Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:12 pm

My Cable is acting up, yesterday ESPN wasnt working (missed the race) But atleast TNT was.
Now TNT isnt working & I am gonna miss the race. I am ####! No one can come out & fix until tomorrow. What good is that?

Re: Not a Happy Camper

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:20 am

sorry for your problems hope you get it fixed for the next race

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:21 pm

Oh yeah, we are all good to go. Had them come out & install an amp for my cable. Now I have cable on NOS

LOL :mrgreen:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Oh yeah, we are all good to go. Had them come out & install an amp for my cable. Now I have cable on NOS

Way-to-go! Just in time for tonight & tomorrow.

Wonder what happened that you didn't need an amp before this? Something changed. :?

Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:59 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:Oh yeah, we are all good to go. Had them come out & install an amp for my cable. Now I have cable on NOS

Way-to-go! Just in time for tonight & tomorrow.

Wonder what happened that you didn't need an amp before this? Something changed. :?
I think it is the heat outside & old cable on the outside of my place. They said I was at -10 coming into the wall, which was the limit before losing reception (HD channels 1st) & when my cable split for the TV & Internet it went from -10 to -13 (then I started losing my channels) With the Amp they installed I am now at +8 so I am good to go!!!!

When the weather was cooler I didnt have any problems with signal strength.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Yup, temperature, humidity, signal splitters and corroding coax connectors can all cause the overall signal strength to slowly degrade.

But, at least you're all fixed up and good to go! :D :D

Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:13 pm

yep! Ready to do my updating in the chatroom during the race again, while banging my head on my desk when listening to TG sound confused LOL!

Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Put something soft on the desk. ;) :lol:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:12 pm

I have Comcast for internet and phone.... and things have been groovy for awhile.... except.... enter JULY and 100+ degree weather.... and all of a sudden, the internet connection is dropping like soldiers at Gettysburg!

So I called Comcast .... and per the "warm unit" answering the tech phone.... says outside temps do NOT make a difference. I don't believe that tho. I think HH is right, that over time, heat DOES degrade some components.

Anyways, glad that you're OK and ready to go now Schmoopy. :-) We'd all be sooooo lost without you in chat, during a race. :-) We need "that voo doo, that you do... so well!" :-)

Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:41 pm

smokieonefour wrote:I have Comcast for internet and phone.... and things have been groovy for awhile.... except.... enter JULY and 100+ degree weather.... and all of a sudden, the internet connection is dropping like soldiers at Gettysburg!

So I called Comcast .... and per the "warm unit" answering the tech phone.... says outside temps do NOT make a difference. I don't believe that tho. I think HH is right, that over time, heat DOES degrade some components.

Anyways, glad that you're OK and ready to go now Schmoopy. :-) We'd all be sooooo lost without you in chat, during a race. :-) We need "that voo doo, that you do... so well!" :-)

well talk to their Techs, they will tell you different. The guy I talked to on the phone was an idiot. heat might not effect brand new cable & fittings, but how many homes have brand new wire ran. (not many) The phone people dont know crap, they are reading from a book for troubleshooting. My Tech said yeah that could be, when I 1st told him what it might be.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:35 pm

Glad you're back online Schmoop. I am going to try to get in the chat room during the race but am staying in a motel with WIFI. Have a ton of work so that will have to come first but if it will let me in, I would love to say Hey to you all this week. I have good feelings about this race. (I just knocked on wood just in case.) :-)

Smokie, hope you'll be in the chat room too during the race. Need to update you on my whereabouts! LOL.
Post a reply