FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Michigan: Is it worth it anymore?

<<

SmokeFan14

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:09 pm

Michigan: Is it worth it anymore?

On my Bored Stiff scale Michigan is right at the top, and I really don't see why they should have a second race there any longer. What people were left in the stands were falling asleep and had to be woken up and told they it was over.

I would much rather see a race go back to somewhere that has earned it, and deserves it because of its history and heritage. Given a second race back to Darlington, and clear out of Michigan.

Feelings? Thoughts? Ideas?
"Where there's Smoke, There's Racin'!"
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Michigan: Is it worth it anymore?

smaller tracks are better racing
ImageImageImage
<<

jsw14

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:45 am

The wife & I went to one race in Michigan in 04. IT SUCKED! The so called fan's up their sat in there seats through the hole race! #### one of the gals in front of us was readin a book the hole race!! DuH.... We will NeVeR go back to MiS!!!! My vote would be put the "ROCK" (Rockingham) back on the list of tracks. Ya gotta Love the Rock-&-Racin! :lol: :lol: 8-)
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image #SmokeWillRise
<<

bray536

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:55 am

I've never attended Michigan, but I did enjoy watching it on TV. Some of those 4 wides off of turn 2 were pretty exciting. Plus, it is only a 400 mile race, so it goes very quickly. I understand that people want exciting races, but "boring" tracks have their place on the schedule too. Every race can't be a wild card race. The drivers need tracks like Pocono and Michigan (tracks where they have a high control of their own destiny) with tracks like Talladega and Daytona (tracks where drivers have a lot control of their own destiny).

Like I said, Michigan isn't super exciting, but I'm ok with a balanced out schedule to keep the integrity of the sport up.
<<

Calebbebeastin

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:34 pm

It's such a boring race all the field is spread out during the race it's really not competetive racing , and it's also one of the races where fuel milage is a key and dosent have anybody really going all out at the end. i'd rather see ATL add another race. Kansas is pretty much the same too, they should replace it with another road course like Road America.

Return to NASCAR & Racing