Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Post a reply

Rumors on Jayski's

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:37 pm

As much as I'd like for this to happen, I don't think it will..JMO

http://jayski.com/pages/2012teams.htm

Supposedly Mobil 1 signed a long term deal starting in 2011. No word on plans for Office Depot or Burger King. Rumors have Gibbs Racing crew chief, Greg Zipadelli, could move to the #14 team with current crew chief Darien Grubb moving into a Team Manager role, replacing Bobby Hutchins, released in June 2011 http://jayski.com/pages/2012teams.htm

Scroll down to :
#14 and #20

Re: Rumors on Jayski's

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:20 pm

usually when it appears on jayski, there is some merit behind it, i have gone to that website since 03, and i say 90% of the stuff he wrote about eventually came true, dunno if tony and zip can capture the same magic as before, but defiantly couldnt hurt to try........

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:41 pm

I hope there's something to it as well. Darian's doing a decent job but there seems to be SOMETHING missing. He's obviously a top caliber guy, he CC'd for JJ when Chad was suspended and did a pretty good job, and I think he even got a win in Chad's absence. Also, folks may forget, Darian was the CC on the 25 car when Casey Mears won the Coke 600.....We'll see i guess.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:04 pm

I'm never sure whether to believe anything from anyone other than the source, so as much as I have been hoping to hear this (Isn't Zippy in his last year of contact at JGR?), and as much as the rumors are that Logano may be out of the 20, I will hold out all hope until I see Zippy in a SHR uniform.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:35 pm

so again the 39 team is ignored :evil:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:57 pm

Schnoopy, scroll down to #39. They posted about Ryan.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:10 pm

I'd like to see that happen. Darian is a great crew cheif but he and Tony don't mesh as well as Zippy and Tony did. Zippy wasn't afraid to tell Tony what was going down. But it's been since 2008 could they be the same team that won two championships?

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:16 pm

peanut1439 wrote:Schnoopy, scroll down to #39. They posted about Ryan.

no I mean they are making changes (rumored) to the 14 team but the 39 team is way behind the 14. No changes for the 39 team.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:24 pm

its tonys team my friend, he gets first dibs on everything, sponsorship, crew, any needed changes.....

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:50 pm

Hummmm.... should be interesting to see what happens.....

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:55 am

that would be great hope it is true
Post a reply