FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Racers busy at MIS

<<

ndunn

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:54 am

Racers busy at MIS

Local newspaper busy writing articles about the racers for the past few days. Tony is signing autographs at Office Depot near Detroit. Jeff Gordon charged $24 for a wristband for his signing and they limited the number given out. AARP gave a $10,000 for local foodbanks as part of his signing. Hendricks got 10 million dollars for the AARP sponsorship regarding "Feeding the hungry". In my opinion AARP would have been better off giving the 10 million directly to food banks instead of Hendricks. AARP thought Jeff would get the word out. I think people know since we are asked constantly to give that there is a problem out there. As for Ryan I have a feeling he was out early fishing as he loves the Irish Hills area. I get their local weekly newspaper and it was filled with all sorts of things for the NASCAR fans. The Nationwide race will have beautiful weather but we'll have to watch the sky for Sprint. It just might rain.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

peanut1439

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:01 pm

Re: Racers busy at MIS

Good info ndunn, Thanks !
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:32 pm

peanut1439 wrote:Good info ndunn, Thanks !

Your welcome peanuts. I watched qualifing today and things look great for Tony and Ryan. Sure hope things work out as 1 and 2.....

Peanuts since you were interested in the info I'll relate something I think is cool for a small town weekly newspaper. MIS is located in resort and farm country. 50 lakes surround the area and they are several miles from an iNTER-STATE. The paper prints maps for incoming traffic and the hours plus with 50 laps to go on race day they reverse it. The small towns gear up for the fans and some say the two races in the summer make their money for the summer. My grandparents and other relatives lived in the area and my inlaws had a home on a lake a stones throw from the track. It's probably my favorite place in the state.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

peanut1439

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:40 pm

Thanks again ndunn, that makes me miss small town newspapers of my youth. That paper sounds so informative, good deal.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!

Return to NASCAR & Racing