Busch's car fails post-race inspection

<<

peanut1439

Post Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:47 pm

Busch's car fails post-race inspection

Busch's car fails post-race inspection at Pocono

By Joe Menzer, NASCAR.COM
June 12, 2011 7:15 PM, EDT
- LONG POND, Pa. -- The No. 18 Toyota driven by Kyle Busch for Joe Gibbs Racing failed post-race inspection following the 5-Hour Energy 500 at Pocono Raceway on Sunday.

Spokesperson Kristi King of NASCAR said that the left front of Busch's car was deemed too low during post-race inspection. She said it would be brought back to the NASCAR Research and Development Center in Concord, N.C., for further examination, and that any penalties for the infraction would be announced this Tuesday.

Dave Rogers, Busch's crew chief, said he was surprised by the ruling.

"It's disappointing," he said. "I can't tell you a whole lot right now. ... I don't have any excuses for you. We're going to go back to the shop and try to figure it out. It's the last thing I expected after the race [Sunday]. I have as many questions as everyone else right now."

Busch finished third in Sunday's race behind winner Jeff Gordon and second-place finisher Kurt Busch. Rogers said he was informed by NASCAR that the car was 1/16th of an inch too low.

He speculated that perhaps it could be because the car suffered damage during the 500-mile, 200-lap race.

"There is a lot of damage if you look at the left-front fender. You can see we bottomed out," Rogers said. "We got into the fence on the right side a little bit. There is plenty of damage -- but nothing that I could look at and say, 'Hey, NASCAR, here's a problem.'

"They let us look the car over and there is damage, but I would just be trying to make excuses if I tried to justify it. We were 1/16th too low and we have to go back to the shop to figure out why. I don't know why right now."
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

duffygoofy

Post Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:39 pm

Re: Busch's car fails post-race inspection

thats bullcrap that there blaming it on the hitting on the wall. allthey do is cry cos they got caught.
ImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:48 pm

isnt the standard penalty right now 25 points?
ImageImageImage
<<

duffygoofy

Post Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:54 pm

Yea it is but he is on probation.What will they do?
ImageImage
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:48 am

I found only one instance this year where a vehicle failed a post race inspection this year and it was in the truck series and they fined the crew chief and took 25 points from the owner. There was no penalty applied to the driver.

Now, we are talking about Kyle Busch who is already on probation, and 25 points could drop him from 5th to either 7th or 8th...I have not done the exact calculations yet.

With this new points system, I have not seen NASCAR hand out points penalties the way they use to. It has been more in the way of fines than anything else.
<<

duffygoofy

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:07 pm

Was just reading in nascar.com that Klye will only get between 5 to 15 points taking away.
ImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:19 pm

In MY OPINION.......its NASCAR's way of redeeming themselves after all the heat they took last week over the Richard Childish thing. Who's to say that some of the ever present "debris" didn't knock something outta line. What is NAPCAR gonna do to Harvick after his BS attempt to get KB to do something stupid at 200mph? Then the mouthy punk sonuvabitch has the nerve to say its just getting started. I hope someone puts him in his place (the wall) before someone gets seriously hurt. Just because he took over Sr's car doesn't give him special privileges. He's lucky I'M not out there, I'd give up the season just to shut him up.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:47 pm

well since Proto doesnt come around anymore, nice to see someone stole her 14 smiley face.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:22 pm

NASCAR penalizes No. 18 team for Pocono issues

NASCAR has penalized the No. 18 team in the Sprint Cup Series as a result of rule infractions discovered during post-race inspection Sunday at Pocono Raceway.

Crew chief Dave Rogers has been fined $25,000, while owner Joe Gibbs and driver Kyle Busch have been penalized with the loss of 6 championship owner and 6 championship driver points, respectively.

"We have made NASCAR aware of our findings and we accept the penalty they have issued today."
http://www.nascar.com/news/110613/kybus ... index.html
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:05 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:In MY OPINION.......its NASCAR's way of redeeming themselves after all the heat they took last week over the Richard Childish thing. Who's to say that some of the ever present "debris" didn't knock something outta line. What is NAPCAR gonna do to Harvick after his BS attempt to get KB to do something stupid at 200mph? Then the mouthy punk sonuvabitch has the nerve to say its just getting started. I hope someone puts him in his place (the wall) before someone gets seriously hurt. Just because he took over Sr's car doesn't give him special privileges. He's lucky I'M not out there, I'd give up the season just to shut him up.

Dito....plus I'd like to add this. If the shop caused this why take the points away from the driver? Take it away in owner points then maybe they'd see to it things were put together better. Back to Harvick...Does anyone remember when he first took over the 29 ride that he got so cocky that one of the drivers told him to cool off as he'd never make up for Dale Earnhardt? I think it was Sterlin Marlin but if I'm wrong someone set it straight please....
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:39 pm

This kinda reminds me of the thickness of a quarter with the #33 last year,don't yah think? :shock:
Last edited by wolfgang on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:09 pm

ndunn wrote:
midwesternsmoke wrote:In MY OPINION.......its NASCAR's way of redeeming themselves after all the heat they took last week over the Richard Childish thing. Who's to say that some of the ever present "debris" didn't knock something outta line. What is NAPCAR gonna do to Harvick after his BS attempt to get KB to do something stupid at 200mph? Then the mouthy punk sonuvabitch has the nerve to say its just getting started. I hope someone puts him in his place (the wall) before someone gets seriously hurt. Just because he took over Sr's car doesn't give him special privileges. He's lucky I'M not out there, I'd give up the season just to shut him up.

Dito....plus I'd like to add this. If the shop caused this why take the points away from the driver? Take it away in owner points then maybe they'd see to it things were put together better. Back to Harvick...Does anyone remember when he first took over the 29 ride that he got so cocky that one of the drivers told him to cool off as he'd never make up for Dale Earnhardt? I think it was Sterlin Marlin but if I'm wrong someone set it straight please....

Ricky Rudd and it was in Kevins rookie year,Kyle has been at it how long now :?:Jeff Burton refused to drive that car because he didn't feel anyone could take Dales place and he didn't want to be compared to Dale. Jeff was right,wouldn't matter who drove that car,they would be in Dales shadows.Mike Skinner was pretty upset he couldn't take over the ride and made it publicly known.Kevin ran a full NW schedule and Cup schedule,the NW championship,rookie of the year in Cup and beat #1 {#24} driver in a race that year.Don't believe after taking over a ride from a guy Kevin idolized was that easy,but he did it.Dale Snr.and Ricky Rudd had no love for one another and i believe on Rickys end it was because Dale took over his ride at RCR.There's alot of history at RCR and the only reason Gibbs is in Cup is because he couldn't compete in DragRacing,but of course he is no quitter. :?
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:43 pm

wolfgang wrote:
ndunn wrote:

Ricky Rudd and it was in Kevins rookie year,Kyle has been at it how long now :?:Jeff Burton refused to drive that car because he didn't feel anyone could take Dales place and he didn't want to be compared to Dale. Jeff was right,wouldn't matter who drove that car,they would be in Dales shadows.Mike Skinner was pretty upset he couldn't take over the ride and made it publicly known.Kevin ran a full NW schedule and Cup schedule,the NW championship,rookie of the year in Cup and beat #1 {#24} driver in a race that year.Don't believe after taking over a ride from a guy Kevin idolized was that easy,but he did it.Dale Snr.and Ricky Rudd had no love for one another and i believe on Rickys end it was because Dale took over his ride at RCR.There's alot of history at RCR and the only reason Gibbs is in Cup is because he couldn't compete in DragRacing,but of course he is no quitter. :?

he didnt take rudds ride, in fact they were teammates. Dale drove the #3 & Rudd the #15 both for Wranglers if I remember correctly (reverse colors) Rudd just didnt deal with Dales BS, & Dale didnt like it.
ImageImageImage
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:52 am

After reading all the posts and stories the past couple of weeks I've deceided it's all a matter of personal likes and dislikes. We could all argue points until he$$ freezes over and no one would give an inch. But then that's horse racing isn't it! The Have At It is a joke because no matter who gets the best end of it there is always someone who'll complain. The problem is NASCAR is not consistent about solving problems which makes it look like the good ole boys are favored. Yes, good ole boys as they are still around only the names have changed. The drivers made NASCAR but it's NASCAR that has messed with things so much the fans are just plain annoyed. Playing games with the point system (in my opinion only) has ruined the entire season. Lets do it this way...no points and everyone is in first place until the end of the season and the champion will be the one with the most wins. It won't matter if there are six wins and 30 DNF'S as it's the wins only. Consistency doesn't count and help those that so much as run within a 100 yards of a Childress car. That will not be a popular remark but one wonders why his drivers can make any move they want and threaten (say like Harvick) others what they can and will do. This sound like hypocrisy to me. But then I never will live long enough to see a perfect world.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

peanut1439

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:11 am

Harvick picks on Busch at Pocono

I can't stand Harvick and Bowyer was in on that too!!!

Lee Spencer is the senior NASCAR writer for FOXSports.com. She also is a correspondent for "Around the Track" on FOX Sports Net.

LONG POND, Pa.
In the final week of NASCAR probation, Kevin Harvick made the most of “boys, have at it” in the opening laps of Sunday's Sprint Cup Series race at Pocono Raceway.

Put 'em up
NASCAR has its share of great feuds. Here of the best of the past — and the ones we'd like to see in the future.

The cat-and-mouse game began on the second lap of the event with Harvick chasing Kyle Busch, with whom he shares probation after a postrace incident in May, high and low on the racetrack.

“I was running my own race,” Busch said. “It was another car I had to pass. Seemed like he was trying to make it awfully difficult on me. There’s a couple of times where I just had to back off and wait, got back to him and tried to pass him again.

“Maybe (it) kind of shows his character and who he is, how he feels he needs to race on the racetrack.”

It didn’t take long for NASCAR to step in. The sanctioning body delivered a warning to the teams over the radio.

“Nothing went on — and that’s what we were hopeful of,” said NASCAR Sprint Cup director John Darby. “Early in the race Kevin and Kyle were racing hard just like everyone else was up in the front. A couple of trips down the front straightaway, it looked like they could have given each other some more room, so we just sent a general message to them that we were watching them race and just remind them that we were watching them. The rest of the day went really smooth.

“The boys still have one more race to go before they get their handcuffs off, so to speak. It just makes sense. If we can avoid a problem, that’s what we usually work at.”
Busch and Harvick’s probation officially ends on June 15. While Harvick still believes that Busch "knows he's got one coming. I just wanted him to think about it" after his car was destroyed following the race at Darlington Raceway, Busch insists, “It’s not my fight. He’s trying to turn it into one.”

Harvick clearly doesn't agree. When asked if he made Busch think about it, he was succinct.

"Of course he did," he said. "It's all a free game now. Probation's over."

Busch and Harvick went on to finish the race in third and fifth, respectively. Darby called the incident “just racing” and didn’t feel there was anything malicious. The sanctioning body just felt the need to send a friendly reminder.

“We’re going to watch guys on probation closer than guys that aren’t," he said. "Nobody did anything wrong. But we just wanted to provide a reminder hopefully prevent an issue later today and the day went off smooth so everyone was paying attention.”

Busch's No. 18 car failed to meet the height requirement on the left front side in postrace inspection. NASCAR is expected to address the situation further on Tuesday.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing