FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NASCAR Trackpass Scanner sensoring??

<<

NASCARNan

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:14 pm

NASCAR Trackpass Scanner sensoring??

I noticed last week listening to the Trackpass Scanner, it seems to be sensored now? If someone swears, it fades out on swear words and then comes back on. This happened on various channels. Anyone else notice this?
NASCAR Nan
<<

NASCARNan

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:05 pm

Re: NASCAR Trackpass Scanner sensoring??

Well, I heard a F-bomb today. Maybe it was just last week for some reason that they seemed to sensor the swearing. I don't think it should be sensored.
NASCAR Nan
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:31 pm

i watched trackpass JJ last week and before fox let it slip, chad was cussing during the race, but i turned it off when JJ blew up, i didnt notice anything odd today, but i wouldnt besurprised if the censor bunnies are working some magic.
<<

Heather14

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:35 pm

I noticed it to. Last week every time tony started to say something bad it cut out and today fox said tony was 1 lap short and darian told him he was 8 laps short.
<<

azk8ster

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:45 pm

I REALLY noticed the censoring last week, seems if the f-bombs start, someone figures they'll continue. Which, to me, is bul!####, i pay good money to listen, and i should hear what there is to hear!

Heather14, thanks for posting what you did about how many laps short, i heard Darian say 8, and when fox said 1, well, i thought i'd lost my marbles! of course seeing hoe Brad won, i now can't help but wonder if Tony could've/should've stayed out.....oh well!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

peanut1439

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:11 am

Heather14, thanks for posting what you did about how many laps short, i heard Darian say 8, and when fox said 1, well, i thought i'd lost my marbles! of course seeing hoe Brad won, i now can't help but wonder if Tony could've/should've stayed out.....oh well!

Since Darian said they didn't get it full, I think it was a good call and besides, Tony's luck hasn't been that great lately. He needs to borrow that horse shoe soon..lol Tony is really good at saving fuel, but watching BK yesterday and how he did it, I would wonder if Tony did the same.It was too big a risk in my opinion. The good new is he moved up 2 spots to 8th in the points.. Good Job SHR and thanks for not taking a chance that could have been disasterous.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:38 am

big congrats on brad winning
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:16 pm

Pitting for 8 laps makes me feel a lot better than for 1.

I don't know if I would want that horseshoe considering where Johnson kept it. Where is Harvick keeping it? LOL
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

azk8ster

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:42 am

NascarNanaOK wrote:Pitting for 8 laps makes me feel a lot better than for 1.

I don't know if I would want that horseshoe considering where Johnson kept it. Where is Harvick keeping it? LOL

EEEEWWWWWW!

I mentioned the censoring thing when i filled out the Fan Council survey earlier today, told 'em i pay good money to listen to these guys cuss, and if they're concerned about kids maybe listening they need to leave it up to the kids' parents to censor things.
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:48 am

NascarNanaOK wrote:Pitting for 8 laps makes me feel a lot better than for 1.

thats where harvick hoped he kept it, harvick likes any reason to talk about guys butts :mrgreen: ;) :o :shock:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:27 pm

I wasnt on the radio much last week, but I have never heard Ryans radio censored. Not that he cusses a lot, but occasionally he does. This last week, he did say $h!t & that wasnt censored.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:53 pm

If they go on a long rant, it gets censored. That's why the audio is always a good several seconds behind what's going on. I agree that it shouldn't be, if it costs $30 to use it (a sweet lady lets me use hers free) then it should be uncensored.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

supernovagyrl

Post Sun May 27, 2012 8:44 pm

I've noticed this a few times this season while listening to Tony. I contacted NASCAR.com customer service to ask. Because I don't want to pay for it if they are going to censor it. I spoke with a rep, Diane, who said:

Diane: I understand how this situation could be confusing and I will be happy to assist you today. We do not censor any of our products. The drivers may not say certain things due to the posibility of being fined by nascar.

Me: It seems like every time my driver is about to say something that might be considered "disrespectful" the scanner goes fuzzy.

Diane: We do not censor the scanner.

Me: Does anyone else?

Diane: I am not aware of the scanner being censored.

For the record I think it is censored and it irritates me.
<<

adny1030

Post Sun May 27, 2012 8:49 pm

They are doing it... 2 times tonight on Tony so far
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Sun May 27, 2012 9:14 pm

Starting this season, I watch the races over Dish Network and listen to Nascar.com Scanner. Today for the first race all season the TV is a few seconds ahead of the scanner instead of the other way around. I had gotten used to knowing something was going to happen before I saw it. As for censors, I have wondered all season because Tony will start to say something and the radio will go silent. It doesn't seem to happen with Bob or Steve. But, I have heard a few things from Tony, including tonight, that Mrs. B would call a fine for the cuss jar. Maybe the silence has something to do with Tony's car moving while the other two are static. JMG
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing