FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

nascar changes up qualifying

<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:46 pm

nascar changes up qualifying

NASCAR changing Cup qualifying procedures: NASCAR is changing its NASCAR Sprint Cup qualifying rules effective next week at Pocono Raceway .... qualifying order will be determined by the driver's fastest lap in first practice. The times on the speed sheet will be inverted with the slowest cars attempting their qualifying runs first. The go-or-go-home cars will now qualify among the 35 teams locked in on owner points and not be separated by the field. The NASCAR Sprint Cup director does reserve the right to change a driver's qualifying order or allow "adjustments or repairs" to cars after the car has taken the green flag at the start/finish line. And all cars must qualify with a full fuel cell. According to the NASCAR bulletin: "Qualifying consists of two consecutive timed laps (EIRI). The fastest lap determines qualifying position. NASCAR reserves the right to have more than one car engage in qualifying runs at the same time. Cars will be released in selected increments until all cars have had an opportunity to attempt qualifying." EIRI stands for "except in rare instances." In case of a rain-out of practice, a random drawing will be held for cars set up in the garage area to determine qualifying. If qualifying is rained out, the order of the field will be set according to Section 9-5 of the 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup rule book. According to the rule book "all available starting positions will first be assigned to those car owners who have entered in the event prior to the drawing deadline. All available starting positions will be assigned including those starting positions previously designated as provisional starting positions on the Official Entry Blank. NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship points for the event will be assigned to those non-qualifier car owners provided they have entered in the event prior to the entry deadline."(Fox Sports)(6-3-2011)
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

duffygoofy

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:56 pm

Re: nascar changes up qualifying

Why would they change the rules now for qualifying? They should wait till next year.What the #### is Nascar doing?
ImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:08 pm

Everytime one of them farts, they change a rule...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Smoke_14

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:34 pm

This has actually been in the works for about a year now. They made change to the double file restart in the middle of the season, along with going back to a spoiler from a wing. So I don't see this being really a big deal.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:18 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, full fuel cell huh, sounds like thingz are gonna start evening out a bit. Makes sense to me tho' NOW, people will be qualifying in race trim to see how their car is gonna sit under them with that extra weight. Who cares if ya get the pole anyway? Like D.E. Sr. said years ago.... "It ain't where ya start....its where ya finish"
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:45 pm

Well, I don't like change...so, I will recuse myself from further comment... :|
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:58 am

it takes away from practice, now everyone is gunning for a top speed so they go out late, kinda lame, never liked the switch when they made it.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

jamo14

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:36 pm

Love me some Pocono, especially when open-wheel ran up there.

thanks for the info Clark 8-)
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:02 pm

Clarification please: Does this mean ALL cars MUST run TWO laps? Surely I read that wrong.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK

Return to NASCAR & Racing