FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The #78 team blew it!

<<

Rochelle

User avatar

Posts: 2433

Images: 1
9341

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:49 pm

Post Mon May 20, 2013 1:47 pm

Re: The #78 team blew it!

To me a slimy slug is the one who calls other people names.

I wouldn't consider the 78 team using RCR engines mid-level. I think that's evidenced by how they're running this year. The pit crew needs a bit of work, but there aren't too many that don't.

I liked the race format. The pit crews are part of the teams and can win or lose races for teams every week so I like that they played a part in the outcome of the All Star race. Especially since they lost their competition. I wish there was a stipulation in winning the million that a certain amount would go to the pit crew in the form of a bonus. That would have been cool.

I have to say, that was the most exciting race so far this season. They were fighting for positions every lap, the way it should be. Now I have to get ready for the snooze fest that the 600 will be till around 15 or 20 to go... :D
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8823

Images: 0
9341

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Mon May 20, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: The #78 team blew it!

rochelle, consider yourself a slug, doc too before she has any ideas
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Jellikit

Posts: 1565

8000

Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:13 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA

Post Mon May 20, 2013 2:31 pm

Re: The #78 team blew it!

Rochelle wrote:To me a slimy slug is the one who calls other people names.

I wouldn't consider the 78 team using RCR engines mid-level. I think that's evidenced by how they're running this year. The pit crew needs a bit of work, but there aren't too many that don't.

I liked the race format. The pit crews are part of the teams and can win or lose races for teams every week so I like that they played a part in the outcome of the All Star race. Especially since they lost their competition. I wish there was a stipulation in winning the million that a certain amount would go to the pit crew in the form of a bonus. That would have been cool.

I have to say, that was the most exciting race so far this season. They were fighting for positions every lap, the way it should be. Now I have to get ready for the snooze fest that the 600 will be till around 15 or 20 to go... :D

It's probably not the engines, though RCR hasn't exactly been lighting up the top of the scoring tower either. But something usually breaks on his car. That's why he's so good on short runs, not so much on the long ones, nor is he USUALLY there at the end of the race. The pit crew...definitely a problem.
I don't have a problem with the crew being somewhat of a determining factor for a race, they always have been. But the emphasis was clearly theirs in this format. Not that it was necessarily foreseen by those designing the format, 10 laps and clean air...it was almost a given that whoever was on the front row and got the advantage of leading after the first lap was going to win. I think a mandatory pit-stop after 3, then an optional one after 4 would provide better strategy, and a better race.
<<

Rochelle

User avatar

Posts: 2433

Images: 1
9341

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:49 pm

Post Mon May 20, 2013 4:00 pm

Re: The #78 team blew it!

michaeljohn wrote:rochelle, consider yourself a slug, doc too before she has any ideas



Image


That's me on the bottom, the good looking one... :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

User avatar

Posts: 2495

Images: 1
9216

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Location: Houston, Texas

Post Mon May 20, 2013 4:05 pm

Re: The #78 team blew it!

Have it your way Rochelle. As usual, I'm on top. Top billing. That's me!

How in the world did we get into the slimy slug club anyway? I said not one word about the sparkle pony.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Rochelle

User avatar

Posts: 2433

Images: 1
9341

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:49 pm

Post Mon May 20, 2013 4:18 pm

Re: The #78 team blew it!

I disparaged princess sparkle pony by saying that was a waste of the fan vote. mj lumped you in there, not sure why. Maybe guilt by association? The Chad R Us team sticks together at least till the final 3? Oops, did I say that out loud? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HTower

User avatar

Posts: 950

8025

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:33 am

Location: Chicagoland Speedway

Post Mon May 20, 2013 4:19 pm

Re: The #78 team blew it!

onerockindoc wrote: I said not one word about the sparkle pony.


I think anything less than 1000% adoration of said pony makes you a slug.
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8823

Images: 0
9341

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Mon May 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Re: The #78 team blew it!

im a slug, your a slug, we are all slugs, in fact we should start a fan club for danica and call ourselves the slugs.......
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3119

Images: 3
8155

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Mon May 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: The #78 team blew it!

michaeljohn wrote:
wolfgang wrote:Congradulations to the #48 team,dam that was hard to come out with. :lol: The #78 team blew it in the pits by 2secs.,but i will say i was more impressed with them than the three car team of RCR useing the same equiptment-WTF? :shock:



you have come a long way my son, 3 years ago you would have beat up the 48 for winning, your still a slimy slug. ( those of you who dont get it, reference the danica thread.) hahaha

I'm king of the slugs! Those two on Danicas thread don't like to read anything but fiction about her,oh well,slug i am! :shock: The #48,well now i guess i realize how other people felt during Dale Snrs.better years when they were fans of another driver.Don't see how that could possably be,as i thought everyone was a #3 fan and only you are a #48 fan. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I like JJ,just not winning all the time. ;)
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8823

Images: 0
9341

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Tue May 21, 2013 7:17 am

Re: The #78 team blew it!

dale defiantly kicked some tail over the years in the 80's it was SR, 90's gordon 00's JJ......

i wonder who will be the next driver to dominate? danica? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3119

Images: 3
8155

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Tue May 21, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: The #78 team blew it!

BRAD KESELOWSKI :mrgreen:
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4435

8185

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Tue May 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Re: The #78 team blew it!

michaeljohn wrote:dale defiantly kicked some tail over the years in the 80's it was SR, 90's gordon 00's JJ......

i wonder who will be the next driver to dominate? danica? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

actually DW had more wins in the 80's. Dale was special because he just kept winning in the 80's & 90's.
ImageImageImage
<<

onerockindoc

User avatar

Posts: 2495

Images: 1
9216

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Location: Houston, Texas

Post Tue May 21, 2013 8:54 pm

Re: The #78 team blew it!

Oh Wolfgang, I like the way you think.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3119

Images: 3
8155

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Tue May 21, 2013 9:32 pm

Re: The #78 team blew it!

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:dale defiantly kicked some tail over the years in the 80's it was SR, 90's gordon 00's JJ......

i wonder who will be the next driver to dominate? danica? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

actually DW had more wins in the 80's. Dale was special because he just kept winning in the 80's & 90's.

Only while DW was with Junior Johnson. ;) Would also be willing to bet Cale Yarborugh would have had more championships and wins if he stayed with Jr.-another one of my favs in the past. ;)
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3119

Images: 3
8155

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Tue May 21, 2013 9:33 pm

Re: The #78 team blew it!

onerockindoc wrote:Oh Wolfgang, I like the way you think.

Well,i don't see Harvick doing it here-so BK is the only hope i got left. :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER