FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Official G.G. Raceday Points Club

<<

jsw14

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:24 am

Official G.G. Raceday Points Club

This is the Brand New Point's Club for 2013. If U have a better name for this club Post ur suggestions here. If ur New name is picked for this new thread, U will get 10 extra point's to be leading in point's at the start of the race season!!! First race to Pick ur drivers for points is>Sprint Unlimited and Bud Duels! I'm goin to make this as simple as possible. Deadline for names to change the name of this Thread will be before Midnight 2/15/2013!! Plus, U need to have ur pick's posted by 2/15/13 before midnight too!!!!

RULE's............
Each race week (starting 2/16/13 with Sprint Unlimited and Bud Duels) when U pick ur Top 3 drivers (1st, 2nd, 3rd) for that race, U MUST POST THEM ON THIS THREAD TO GET UR POINT'S!!

Example;
A- 14
B- 39
C- 10

Point System,
A. 100 points - for correctly picking first place
B. 50 points - for correctly picking 2nd place
C. 25 points - for correctly picking 3rd place
"200 Point's for haveing All 3 picks in Order"....!!!!!

D. 5 points bonus - If one of the 3 SHR driver's is in the Top (5) for that race,Tony, Ryan, or Danica. If Two SHR driver's are in the top (5) 10 Bonus point's. If All three SHR driver's in are in the top (5) 15 Bonus point's. U can't get more then 215 point's per-race.....
The point's will only be added-up for ur race pick's each week. Your Log-in point's will NOT be added-in ur score.!There is NO limit on picking the same drivers each week.

If U fail to post ur pick's before 12:00 midnight before the race, (or edit them in any way after midnight) your picks & points will NOT count for that race ONLY. U can still pick ur drivers for the next week's race IF U post-em on time.The Key is> post ur picks correctly in Order on time every week too get ur points!!!!

The Deadline for picking ur driver's is> 12:00 Midnight Eastern Time...

HTower will keep score on a Excel Spread Sheet. Annalee will be the Back-up Score keeper. It is wise to keep track of ur score yourself. Remember, NO Point's for Log-in every day will be counted!!! This Game is for Race-Point's Only! I (jsw14) will supply the 2013 Winner with this Prize after the last race at Miami-Homestead with the Most Point's for the year! The prize will be shipped at NO cost to U!!! We will announce the Winner after point's have been totaled. I will PM the Winner to get there address.

Good Luck Pickin ur Driver's for the 2013 Season!!!!

I'm NOT Eligible to Win the Prize. If I come in First with the most point's, the Prize Will go to 2nd place. I will have the "Braggin Right's for 1st place" :)

GO SHR
Last edited by jsw14 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:31 am

Re: Official G.G. Raceday Points Club

thats a pretty cool prize....
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:22 pm

So, pretty much like the one that's already here? :lol: BTW, what's with the midnight deadline? Since there's NO computer involved, I think it should be up to race time. That way you could change if there's a rain out or somethin'...maybe you'll feel different about picks for a Sunday afternoon race in the sun as opposed to what woulda' been a Saturday night race on a cooler track? Just a thought. ;)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

HTower

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Official GG RACEDAY points picks for All Star Race:::::::

1. Most popular driver fan pick..from list below PICK ONE..100pts
Drivers eligible for the Sprint Fan Vote include:

A.J.Almendinger, Aric Almirola, Dave Blaney, Mike Bliss, Jeff Burton, Landon Cassill, Bill Elliott,
David Gilliland,Travis Kvapil ,Bobby LaBonte ,Terry Labonte , Michael McDowell, Jamie McMurray
Casey Mears, Paul Menard, Juan Pablo Montoya, Danica Patrick, David Reutiman ,Scott Speed,
Ricky Stenhouse Jr., David Stremme , Martin Truex Jr., Michael Waltrip, Josh Wise, JJ Yeley

PICK ONE FROM THIS LIST::::::::::::

1.Danica Patrick
****************************************************************************************************************************

2. SHOWDOWN WINNER................. PICK TWO..50 pts each from this list
A.J.Almendinger, Aric Almirola, Dave Blaney, Mike Bliss, Jeff Burton, Landon Cassill, Bill Elliott,
David Gilliland,Travis Kvapil ,Bobby LaBonte ,Terry Labonte , Michael McDowell, Jamie McMurray
Casey Mears, Paul Menard, Juan Pablo Montoya, Danica Patrick, David Reutiman ,Scott Speed
Ricky Stenhouse Jr., David Stremme , Martin Truex Jr., Michael Waltrip, Josh Wise, JJ Yeley

PICK TWO FROM THIS LIST::::::::::::::::::::::::

1.Jamie McMurray
2.Ricky Stenhouse Jr.

****************************************************************************************************************************

3. ALL STAR RACE WINNER.......JUST FROM THIS LIST...............100pts

1 #20-Matt Kenseth...2. #11-Denny Hamlin....3. #99-Carl Edwards....4. #14-Tony Stewart
5 #2-Brad Keselowski...6. #39-Ryan Newman...7. #16-Greg Biffle ....8. #18-Kyle Busch
9 #48-Jimmie Johnson...10. #5-Kasey Kahne 11... #22-Joey Logano 12. #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr.
13 #15-Clint Bowyer. 14 #24-Jeff Gordon ..15. #9-Marcos Ambrose 16. #29-Kevin Harvick,
17 #34-David Ragan..18 #78-Kurt Busch..19...#55-Mark Martin

PICK ONE FROM THIS LIST:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1.#48-Jimmy Johnson
............................................................................................................................

OTHER IDEAS
-Make picks for the Indy 500
-first car out of race
-lap of first caution
-number of cautions
-number of cars on lead lap at the end of race.

Each player is Responsible for their own picks & posting. When U post ur picks U should "Double Check" ur post, (I do that every week) to make sure it's posted & in before the deadline..........

Mudsummer classic thread:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5847
more points for picking heat winners. Pick the first nationwide driver to finish, first Sprint Car driver to finish, first Camping Truck series driver. First Dirt track racer to finish.
Last edited by HTower on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:53 pm

not that im doin this but it should be open to all, or nothing at all, this is why new people feel alienated and its the same 20 people that post everyday, there is always some kinda rules around here that excludes others.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Wow J, you are so talented and a nice guy to give the prize for this year...thanks a million.

Thanks also must go to our scorekeeper HTower and our sweet back up Annalee.

Rulez....now you know nothing good happens after midnight....at least you should if your momma raised you right.

One thing I'm just a little curious about......I think this contest, which is truly fun among friends is a great idea. I think the premise of having it stand for those of us who are active posters and interact freely among members is a good one...but what if some of these non-posters play this game as well?
I guess I just feel like some members here may not contribute alot in writing but may come here to "lurk" as some would say and are they NOT eligible? Just asking....
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:26 pm

I am imagine if you post in this thread to make your picks your not lurking. you are participating. Dont see how anyone would feel alienated, unless they want to be alienated, but not posting with people.

BTW midnight what timezone? (PST.)?
ImageImageImage
<<

jsw14

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:31 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Wow J, you are so talented and a nice guy to give the prize for this year...thanks a million.

Thanks also must go to our scorekeeper HTower and our sweet back up Annalee.

Rulez....now you know nothing good happens after midnight....at least you should if your momma raised you right.

One thing I'm just a little curious about......I think this contest, which is truly fun among friends is a great idea. I think the premise of having it stand for those of us who are active posters and interact freely among members is a good one...but what if some of these non-posters play this game as well?
I guess I just feel like some members here may not contribute alot in writing but may come here to "lurk" as some would say and are they NOT eligible? Just asking....

Image Doc, Thats what SHR is for "Friends & Fun" :) Ur a active poster, I'm sure HT will add ur name to the game if U play this year... :mrgreen: Come-on-in & join the FUN!!! :D

I don't think active members want to see a "Lurk'er" (or a inactive member) to play the points game & Win the Prize & Leave!!!!! Do U?

I'm Pick'in & Grin'in :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by jsw14 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:46 pm

I'll be pickin and grinnin' too J...count on it!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:53 pm

J has really worked on putting this together.......I hope those who wish to participate will have fun with it....... I for one cannot wait for those engines to start and get this party going, finally I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is not an oncoming train or a jet drier on fire... Woo Hoo! Please join us for some fun.....Schmoopy that is a good question about the time...we will get back to you! :)

Here is my first pick......... :D Daytona 500

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

jsw14

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:24 pm

Schmoopy, The Deadline to pick ur driver's each week is> 12:00 midnight Eastern Time.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:34 pm

jsw14 wrote:Schmoopy, The Deadline to pick ur driver's each week is> 12:00 midnight Eastern Time.

thankin' ya!
ImageImageImage
<<

kim92164

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:34 am

Will spelling of a driver's name count?
<<

jsw14

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:49 am

kim92164 wrote:Will spelling of a driver's name count?

Sure, just make sure u have them in order> 1st, 2nd, 3rd......

Example,
1- Billy Bob
2- Billy Joe
3- Bubba
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

HTower

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:19 pm

kim92164 wrote:Will spelling of a driver's name count?

If you write down "Kezlowski" and mean "Keselowski", you'll be fine. If you choose "Bifle", but mean "Bowyer" you won't be getting who you wanted :mrgreen:
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing