FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Earnhardt Jr. has concussion and will miss next two races

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Earnhardt Jr. has concussion and will miss next two race

Well I am gonna have to agree with Danica fan on this one.

Dale jr. when he does well at the plate tracks & reporters tell him how other drivers dont like it. He would defend the track. Saying he likes it. Telling them it is a fun place blah blah blah.
Also he was the very biggest advocate to get the pack racing back. (That produces the big one) he lobbied louder than aany of the drivers through the media to get it changed to the racing we saw last week.
Then he gets caught up in the big one, & the whole deal sucks to him now! Tes there is whining from all drivers, but a lot of those drivers dont waiver about plate tracks. They either like them or they dont. Dale likes them when he does well & like last week now cant stand them.
Tony wasnt the only hypocrite last week. So was Dale Jr. he got the sytle of racing he was wishing for. Just not the result.

Now with all that said. I agree with what Dale jr. said last weekend. pack racing sucks & it isnt real racing. It should be changed. But I have never waivered on that stance when it comes to the plates.

So while I agree with Dale jr. speech, I agree with Danica fans posts.

People that use Ryan as an example of whining about Plate racing. This is true. (like a lot of drivers) but he has always felt that way. he didnt get out after winning the Daytona 500 & say I love this style of racing. he doesnt waiver or act hypocritical about plate racing. He cant stand it.

Its not as much that Dale jr. whined about being in the big one. They are all gonnaa do that. It was how bad he flipped from where his view was. Just like Tony apologist can say everyone blocks on the last lap of a plate race. This also may be true, but it was the stance Tony had on blocking that gets him a big ol' heaping plate of Warm Crow to eat this week! move over Tony. Dale jr needs to get his plate too. :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

DanicaFan

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:07 pm

@schmoopy1000

Thanks, you are right. He wanted this style of racing and he got it. Just got caught up in that tsunami of cars.
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:37 pm

I just finished watching the NW race and found their PRE race comments on Jr, very interesting they said that Jr will be out two races for sure and maybe more and then some said he may never get back in the car and they agreed......that really shocked me! I think there is much more to this story than we know......why would they say that?? :roll: :shock:
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:11 am

Annalee wrote:I just finished watching the NW race and found their PRE race comments on Jr, very interesting they said that Jr will be out two races for sure and maybe more and then some said he may never get back in the car and they agreed......that really shocked me! I think there is much more to this story than we know......why would they say that?? :roll: :shock:

I didnt see it. But they were probably just talking worse case senarios.
Concussions cant be measured like normal injuries. Time line could vary plenty. Sounds like they will retest him before the 3rd week to see if he is good to go. The never get in the car again, sounds like media hyping up the injury due to the fact in super rare cases, people dont recover. Jerry nadaeu's head injury ended his career. I dont think that really should be part of the conversation right now, unless like you said its something beyond concussion. Like maybe he is considering retiring & conserving his health. many Dale jr fans have said he was different after his wreck in the corvette. If a driver doesnt want to be in the car anymore or is concerned with it, then maybe him never driving again story might grow legs. other than that, I would expect them to plan on him recovering by week 3, where I am sure they will test him, to clear him. Some people recover at different rates. So it might be another week or so in a realistic bad case senario.
ImageImageImage
<<

HTower

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:13 am

Jahved Best of the NFL Lions suffered a nasty concussion last October, and still hasn't been cleared to play again. Hopefully it doesn't take Jr that long to recover.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:47 pm

Thursday night Ricky Craven was talking about the concussion he got at Texas in April 97. I think he missed just 2 races before he got back in the car. Then, at the beginning of the season in 98, he started having side effects. He was diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome. A couple of the problems he had was when the visibility was poor. One when he was flying and they went through clouds, he thought they were upside down. The pilot showed him on the instrument panel that they were right-side up. Another time, when racing, some fluid got all over his windshield and he got very disorientated again. He had to miss several races.

Everybody is different and some of it probably depends on the severity. I've also heard that each time you get them, it can take less of a jolt to trigger them.

Whatever it takes for him to get well, I hope he does it. He's too young to tempt a permanent disability. During the interview, it was stated that another hit now could be catastrophic. Why would you tempt fate?
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Smoke14TS wrote:
wolfgang wrote:Since he loss of Dale Snr.,i think he's just scared and the only reason he complains about superspeedways now is because of that and he no longer wins at them. ;) Little E is a great guy and i agree he'll never be like his father and sure as #### no one else will either.Maybe Nascar didn't like his comments after Dega and are letting him sit out two races,the public can't know,it would cause a riot! :lol:

You're certifiably insane. Good grief.

Don't take everything serious on here,especially if it's me.Good grief.lol
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:46 pm

wolfgang wrote:
Smoke14TS wrote:
wolfgang wrote:Since he loss of Dale Snr.,i think he's just scared and the only reason he complains about superspeedways now is because of that and he no longer wins at them. ;) Little E is a great guy and i agree he'll never be like his father and sure as #### no one else will either.Maybe Nascar didn't like his comments after Dega and are letting him sit out two races,the public can't know,it would cause a riot! :lol:

You're certifiably insane. Good grief.

Don't take everything serious on here,especially if it's me.Good grief.lol

well.... isnt you a Daisy! :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW,i think Montoya has a little brain malfunction,could this mean a concussion or just an idiot?
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:19 pm

wolfgang wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW,i think Montoya has a little brain malfunction,could this mean a concussion or just an idiot?

I vote for the latter
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:41 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
wolfgang wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I vote for the latter

I 2nd that vote :D

If all this concussion talk interests anyone, Gordon was on Wind Tunnel and he and Dave discussed it. I recommend watching the interview. There was a dr on there that has dealt with this in f1, cart, usac, etc. There's a baseline test they do preseason, but he can explain it better than me. Of course, they shared a tweet from, guess who... Bad Brad. Another one of those times he needs to concentrate on his chase and quit running his mouth. He said "to be clear, I'm not disagreeing with Dale Jr. choosing to sit out the next few weeks, I'm disagreeing w/dr's forcing anyone to do so." I'm hoping it's his young age and feeling of invincibility that was talking. There's so much wrong with that, I don't even know where to start. If that's how he actually thinks, he's a dumba$$. They talked about this on Wind Tunnel... The reasoning behind drug testing and testing for concussions is the same. Safety on the track for yourself and the other competitors. Extreme headaches, blurry vision and disorientation is not conducive to driving a car at 200mph. Ugh, Brad, I thought you had some smarts...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

jamo14

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:14 am

My suggestion to anyone who contimplates competing w/ a concussion is: if you don't want to end up like Jim McMahon, then don't compete until you've been cleared by a doctor. Jim will forget what he's doing or where he's going on the way to his objective. Headaches everyday. Dave Duerson was worse, he was like MJ's favorite hockey player. Pain pills couldn't help him totally, but he took them to ease up what he could. He shot himself in the chest, left a note saying he's donating his brain to science, and they concluded what he believed to be struggles w/ concussions that never healed. His brain was borderline vegetable status.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:29 am

yea jam i seen a few interviews lately with Jim M, its a shame what has happened, the part that spooked me out was when he said he went driven and how he was afraid he wouldnt be able to find his way home. then you here of ex fball players committing suicide because that cant deal with the effects...... it really is a shame.....
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Brad & probably some other young guys think that way, because they havent been hurt yet. it is amazing how a drivers perspective changes after a real injury. & I am not even talking just head injuries. It could be broken shoulder leg whatever. Injuries remove their I can say whatever because it wont happen to me invincible attitude. It happens every time. Or if he ever has kids his perspective on such thoughts will change dramtically as well. #### not even sure he has a girlfriend to worry about? All he has is himself to answer too, so it is much easier for him to be cavalier about such topics.

I dont blame Brad for being young with no worries, as they say the youth is wasted on the Young.
But I believe he will learn as he experiences more that life has to offer.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:27 pm

I agree Schmoop... When I look back at some of the things I did when I was younger, I absolutely cringe. Probably all the way through my 20's and even a little beyond, I have no idea what I was thinking. Most kids and younger adults have no fear and I was one of them, so I understand where Brad was coming from, to a point. But his statement that Jr chose to sit out was incorrect. He didn't choose that, he chose to go to the dr because he knew something was wrong. The dr sat him out and rightly so. A concussion is bad enough, but successive concussions worsen exponentially. He may be talented behind the wheel of a race car, but he needs to think or perhaps read up on things a bit before he opens his mouth. He threw AJ under the bus, but doesn't understand that driving with a concussion is no different. Actually, if I had to make a choice, I'd rather have AJ racing on Adderall than a driver with a concussion. And no, I don't truly want either on the track, I was just trying to make a point.

Yes, I need to quit hogging the soapbox... :)
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing