Skip to content

CHASE BRISCOE – 2018 NXS Kansas Race Advance

Event:               Kansas Lottery 300 (Round 30 of 33)
Date:                Oct. 20, 2018
Layout:             1.5-mile oval
Television:        3 p.m. EDT on NBC

Chase Briscoe Notes of Interest

• Chase Briscoe will start his fifth race in the No. 98 Nutri Chomps Mustang for Stewart-Haas Racing with Biagi-DenBeste (SHR) Saturday at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City.
  • Briscoe won his last race in the No. 98 Ford Sept. 29 on the Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway’s roval. Briscoe led 33 of the race’s 55 laps and won by 1.478 seconds. It marked his first Xfinity Series victory.
  • Nutri Chomps joins Briscoe on the No. 98 SHR Ford in Kansas: Nutri Chomps are a 100 percent rawhide-free, vitamin- and mineral-enriched, high-protein dog chew made of chicken and pork skin. Nutri Chomps is one of several product lines by Scott Pet, Inc. Scott Pet is headquartered in Rockville, Indiana, and is a family-owned manufacturer and distributor of quality pet products for more than 40 years. Scott Pet began a relationship with Briscoe in 2016 while he was competing in the ARCA Series.
  • Briscoe will be joined in the Kansas field by SHR teammate Cole Custer in the No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang.
  • The No. 98 Ford makes its 12th and final appearance of 2018 at Kansas. Aric Almirola, Kevin Harvick and Briscoe have shared driving duties. Harvick won Feb. 24 at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
  • Briscoe also won the July 18 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio.
  • In 2017 Truck Series competition, Briscoe earned four poles and won the season-ending Ford EcoBoost 200 at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Briscoe’s 10 top-fives and 14 top-10s enabled him to make the Truck Series playoffs, where he finished sixth in points and scored the series’ rookie of the year and most popular driver awards. Briscoe won six races en route to the 2016 ARCA Series championship.
  • The 23-year-old native of Mitchell, Indiana is a third-generation driver. His grandfather Richard Briscoe is a legendary Sprint car team owner, and his father Kevin Briscoe raced Sprint cars for more than 20 years and won more than 150 feature events. Briscoe’s first time behind the wheel of a racecar came in 2001 in a Quarter Midget. In 37 starts driving 410 Sprint cars, Briscoe racked up eight top-fives and 17 top-10s, including a win in the last race of the season, where he broke Jeff Gordon’s record as the youngest driver (13) to win a 410 Sprint car race.

Chase Briscoe Quotes:

Has the Charlotte roval victory sunk in after a few weeks?  

“It’s pretty cool to say that we’re the first to win at the roval and I don’t think it’s sunk in quite yet, just because going to (the race) I truthfully didn’t expect to go win. I was just going to be happy to run around 10th and have a clean race and finish so, to be able to get the win like that, and not just lead the last lap but lead quite a bit of the laps, it was definitely cool. I don’t know if it’s necessarily sunk in yet. But I think, confidence-wise, it’ll help for the remainder of this season just building that, being able to go to the racetrack just because, truthfully, my confidence had been a little bit down with the way the season had been going. But for next year, I think it always helps if you’re winning, whether it’s in a Sprint car or an XFINITY car or whatever. We’re still trying to line up what 2019 holds, but Ford has assured me that I’ll be in something. Just trying to figure out what it’s going to be.”