FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NY Post Editorial is biased and uninformed

<<

lmalley

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:06 pm

NY Post Editorial is biased and uninformed

This guy's take on the accident would be hilarious if it wasn't getting national attention. What an absolute biased idiot!

Phil Mushnick (what his brains are made of)
NY Post

http://nypost.com/2014/08/14/why-a-horr ... urprising/
<<

tequillasun

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: NY Post Editorial is biased and uninformed

Some reporters are just desperate enough for readers that they have to use every dirty trick they can to get them. People with brains know Tony didn't do thi8s on purpose, he's one of the most caring and concerned guys in the NASCAR garage. Don't worry about this idiot reporter, there is a much higher power he is going to have to answer to one of these days and he also knows Tony isn't responsible. :?
<<

Searchers

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:24 pm

This is a great example of how the news media has become less that impartial.

Look at the pictures used in this story.

The innocent victim on the left

The evil Tony on the right glaring at the victim.

See what I mean?

Now you could say this piece is editorial in nature and he can offer opinions.

BullS***.... It is today's journalism. Look at the references to the evil guns too.

The shame of it is none of us who have even a slight insight into racing will swallow this crap. But there are a lot of people who know nothing about racing and are exposed to this guy's nonsense.

And remember....this is just a sporting event gone bad that is being mis-reported on. What about all the crime, riots, wars, politics etc that is reported on many times per hour?
<<

cdn guy

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Flowery, pseudo-impressive language and sentence structure, grossly-exaggerated metaphors -- Billy The Kid gunslingers, gunning for fame?? -- puh-lease !! ... from a writer's point of view, this stuff is garbage, meant to up the 'reader count', not actually share any factual information. Hopefully, most readers (like myself) won't have the patience to wade through it till the end.

cdn guy
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:46 pm

Is this the New York Posts finest? It is a black eye for journalism if I've ever seen it. If it was meant to be funny it wasn't any more than the crap written using Wallace and Waltrip names. Wasn't the accident bad enough? I'm ashamed of the lack of class.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Paige31460

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:25 pm

After the last week, I'm almost ashamed to say the emphasis of my Communications degree is journalism.
Racing Super Fan

Favorite Drivers: Tony Stewart, A.J. Allmendinger, Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, Helio Castroneves, Simon Pagenaud, Ozz Negri, John Pew, Jenson Button, Kimi Raikkonen
Favorite Teams: Stewart-Haas Racing, Michael Shank Racing, Joe Gibbs Racing
<<

HotCamaro

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:45 pm

As one who was born and raised in Queens, New York, allow me to inform you what the NY Post is....a piece of sh#t! We NEVER read or purchased that rag newspaper but read the Daily News instead, which has now also become a piece of sh#t. My In-laws still live in Queens and they now buy the Long Island Newspaper because it is a step above the two. So, please don't give them any thought as they are not a credible source of news. :roll:
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:17 am

Paige31460 wrote:After the last week, I'm almost ashamed to say the emphasis of my Communications degree is journalism.

Don't be ashamed. You're in a perfect position to write stories the way you think they should be written. The pen is mightier than the sword.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Searchers

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:10 am

Paige31460 wrote:After the last week, I'm almost ashamed to say the emphasis of my Communications degree is journalism.

Don't be ashamed Paiges, go out there and FIX IT! ;)
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:34 pm

Oh please don't be ashamed. Take that degree and make something good out of it. Show the world you don't need yellow journalism.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

<<

Paige31460

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:04 pm

Thanks for the kind reassurance. I should've said I'm embarrassed by some in the journalism field. Thankfully, none of them are local (actually, my local media outlets only reported the major updates early last week and didn't insert their own opinions).

Right now, I'm job hunting (sort of) and am simply looking for employment that gives me that work experience since I have none after not having to work while in school.

I do have a racing blog (that I let fall by the wayside the last few years because of school and personal things) and am working on a post about Tony. It's taken me a bit because it's been difficult to find the right words but I'm getting there.

I think those who support Tony or are angry that only his "bad" side is being shown to the public are going to like it.
Racing Super Fan

Favorite Drivers: Tony Stewart, A.J. Allmendinger, Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, Helio Castroneves, Simon Pagenaud, Ozz Negri, John Pew, Jenson Button, Kimi Raikkonen
Favorite Teams: Stewart-Haas Racing, Michael Shank Racing, Joe Gibbs Racing
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:44 pm

lmalley wrote:This guy's take on the accident would be hilarious if it wasn't getting national attention. What an absolute biased idiot!

Phil Mushnick (what his brains are made of)
NY Post

http://nypost.com/2014/08/14/why-a-horr ... urprising/

I don't think this man has any brains. His accounts of this situation reminds me of the kind of junk written in the Enquirer. Actually I think he was trying to be funny but he wasn't.

<<

fanta_c

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:44 am

My husband and I often discuss the bias of the media and their support of various zealots, like those who want to ban all things violent (ie: guns, video games, football, Nascar, etc). Their two main concerns are violence and the destruction of the environment. Many have turned into "eco-terrorists", and to them saving the planet is a religion. And, just like any other religious belief, they cannot be swayed by logical statements full of facts.

Those who would love to see Nascar banned gleefully participate in any slam-fest against Nascar that they can find, or that they can create. They use situations like this to undermine Nascar, which contributes to their overall goal of having it eliminated.

On one site, I saw this comment:

Really? We're burning all of those fossil fuels for this? All it does is create noisy, dull, polluting "entertainment" for the stupidest people in the country. And for this we're speeding up global warming which threatens to kill us all? There's no point to NASCAR and if our elected officials were serious about tackling climate change they would ban this sport. If you're worried about having a world devoid of NASCAR, think, for a second, about us being devoid of a habitable world. There is no legit reason to put the planet at risk for a mediocre "sport" that creates such a ridiculous amount of waste. You want to be a part of *real* racing? Strap on a pair of running shoes, or hop on a bike, and hit the streets.

Underneath the comments, one fan snarkily replied:

I think if we ban Soccer the world would be a better place and a very boring activity could be replaced by something productive like growing beans and saving the whales.

So, I think that it's MORE than just capturing headlines and selling papers; those who want to see all of these "horrible, senseless, violent sports" banned are using this story as "proof" that Nascar is evil.

I think they should go hug some trees, kiss some whales, and think about their "happy place". Then I can put on my real fur coat, fix a spotted-owl sandwich, and watch the Bristol race in peace. :twisted:
<<

Searchers

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:22 am

fanta_c wrote:My husband and I often discuss the bias of the media and their support of various zealots, like those who want to ban all things violent (ie: guns, video games, football, Nascar, etc). Their two main concerns are violence and the destruction of the environment. Many have turned into "eco-terrorists", and to them saving the planet is a religion. And, just like any other religious belief, they cannot be swayed by logical statements full of facts.

Those who would love to see Nascar banned gleefully participate in any slam-fest against Nascar that they can find, or that they can create. They use situations like this to undermine Nascar, which contributes to their overall goal of having it eliminated.

On one site, I saw this comment:

Really? We're burning all of those fossil fuels for this? All it does is create noisy, dull, polluting "entertainment" for the stupidest people in the country. And for this we're speeding up global warming which threatens to kill us all? There's no point to NASCAR and if our elected officials were serious about tackling climate change they would ban this sport. If you're worried about having a world devoid of NASCAR, think, for a second, about us being devoid of a habitable world. There is no legit reason to put the planet at risk for a mediocre "sport" that creates such a ridiculous amount of waste. You want to be a part of *real* racing? Strap on a pair of running shoes, or hop on a bike, and hit the streets.

Underneath the comments, one fan snarkily replied:

I think if we ban Soccer the world would be a better place and a very boring activity could be replaced by something productive like growing beans and saving the whales.

So, I think that it's MORE than just capturing headlines and selling papers; those who want to see all of these "horrible, senseless, violent sports" banned are using this story as "proof" that Nascar is evil.

I think they should go hug some trees, kiss some whales, and think about their "happy place". Then I can put on my real fur coat, fix a spotted-owl sandwich, and watch the Bristol race in peace. :twisted:

Interesting and funny post.

I honestly did not realize there was this kind of anti NASCAR organization out there.

Thanks
<<

14Smokem

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:40 am

OK well............. yuh asked for it.....!!!!

I am of the opinion we should all stand up against the
senseless slaughter of vegetables.

We need to take a stand... this is a serious issue.
Vegetarians are causing the demise of Billions of vegetables.
Please inform your vegetarian friends of these dangers.

Bacon, on the other hand, is plentiful.

No pixels were harmed in the construction of this post.

No synapses were used either..... :mrgreen:
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
Next

Return to Tony