FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

You too....FRIEND!

<<

NASCARNan

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 am

Re: You too....FRIEND!

Yes, I too missed hearing the "my friend" exchange between Tony & Bob yesterday on my scanner.
NASCAR Nan
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:21 am

BlackFlag wrote:Gee Annalee, I'd have a nervous breakdown if I tried to do all the stuff you do while watching a race.
I'm glad you can juggle it all.

Me too. Guess I can't multiplex like I used to. ;) :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:18 am

Oh you guys.....it's not that hard. :roll: :lol: :lol:

I hate commercials.....because we have soo many in a race and they don't call time out for them during the race....I want to know what is going on....the scanners provide that...plus a multitude of things.... The drivers talk about their cars....different lines of the race track, other drivers..etc...they are much more entertaining than the announcers.... ESP...Clint Boyer, sometimes Jr and Tony are soo funny.
......the live leader board I use for the GG points on the lap leader bonus points ...plus I hated FS1 scroll.....and this is perfect I can follow where everyone is and exactly what lap they are on...and it is free.. :D :D
.....I have Racebuddy on too.....cause it tells ALL during commercials.....and it's free...I hate sitting and doing nothing and watching the same stuff over and over again....
I like to be entertained and sitting through commercials I have seen many times over is a waste of my time and boring...Try some of theses freebies....I'm telling you, you will like them.....You'll never want to watch a race again with out them.... :). What I learned yesterday was that Jeff Burton is very chatty, very informative......loved the car, ran some of the fastest laps on the track. That car is going to Atlanta and had the car not had the electrical problem, he would have had a great finish........and has a great sense of humor...he was so afraid he wouldn't see the 14 pit stall and might pass it up.....you won't learn that listening to the announcers for sure!!

See what you missed!!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

HotCamaro

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:21 pm

I love the Racebuddy because you are actually "inside" the car and during commercials you are still in the race - and hopefully not the first to know of a wreck. I have to admit that while watching racebuddy, if it is a short track, I get a little dizzy! It gives you a deeper appreciation for how difficult it is to drive these cars at that speed up against the wall, or another car. It is free for racebuddy so give it a try. You can also follow along with the twitter scroll but I usually ignore that part. It just enhances the racing experience.
<<

Shander

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:57 pm

Holy Cow!! I thought I liked NASCAR but a couple of you ladies are hands down the true fans here... LOL!!! I am not working so I won't pay for additional add ons either on the computer or my phone. Actually I think the nascar mobile kind of sucks. Maybe if I had a different phone. Anyway, it's good that you can listen. And hopefully soon you will hear our Tony again. :)
"No Woman will ever be truly satisfied... because no man will ever have a chocolate penis that ejaculates money."
Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those that matter.. don't mind and those that mind... don't matter!!
<<

HotCamaro

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:56 pm

Hey Shander - us gals really do like the racing....not just the racers ;) I've been a race car fan for 40 years, starting out with funny car racing and switching to Nascar when Home Depot sponsored a car driven by some kid named Tony Stewart. (My husband works for Home Depot so I HAD to switch - turned out well!) It always amazes me when someone tells me they are a fan of a certain driver and then I start talking about last weeks race and they tell me they don't actually watch the races. I watch every lap of nearly every race. Love the roar of that engine............. 8-)
<<

fanta_c

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:53 am

I like to pull up Twitter and look at the funny comments posted during the race (Orange Cone, Nascarcasm, and Nascar Wonka are my favorites). Delana Harvick also posts a lot during the race (and answers fan questions before the race), and so does SHR (sometimes REALLY funny ones).

So I've got the race on TV, twitter up on my tablet, and am thinking of listening to the scanners next year. It's not like being there, but all that extra input makes it more fun!
<<

NASCARNan

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:40 pm

Shander wrote:Holy Cow!! I thought I liked NASCAR but a couple of you ladies are hands down the true fans here... LOL!!! I am not working so I won't pay for additional add ons either on the computer or my phone. Actually I think the nascar mobile kind of sucks. Maybe if I had a different phone. Anyway, it's good that you can listen. And hopefully soon you will hear our Tony again. :)

LOL, Hence the nickname my husband gave me: NASCAR Nan. I too listen to NASCAR Race View Audio on my laptop, have a screen up follow along on the live leaderboard on NASCAR, and have a twitter page up to follow Tweets during the race at home. At the track I listen to my scanner. My husband calls it "my own Pit Box". ;)
NASCAR Nan
<<

Rachael J

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:06 am

:lol: :)
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:59 am

Rachael J wrote:Image
:lol: :)

I used to be able to walk & chew gum... Ahhhh, the good old days. :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

<<

Annalee

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:36 am

:lol: :lol: you are too funny! HH...I really think you would like Racebuddy.....you don't know unless you try!!

I #Support Smoke
<<

jdpirate

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:53 pm

Oh yes, us ladies do like our NASCAR (and racing)! As a racing fan (all types) for about (uh oh) almost 50 years :shock: You have to get your race 'fix' any way you can---TV, radio, sirius, raceview, racebuddy, chat rooms and, well...however :lol: :lol:
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

Outlaw7841

Post Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:38 pm

Good luck to Jeff and the 14 team, Kevin and the 4 team, Kurt and the 41 team and Danica and the 10 team. And a good luck to one particular person... Bob Jeffrey, good luck to you friend.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:48 am

Since the accident, I've noticed no one from the #14 team, including Bob Jeffrey, have posted anything on Twitter - except a couple from Jeff Burton, but he doesn't really count. I'll bet the attorneys told everyone to stay off social media. Eddie Jarvis did Tweet a couple happy birthdays to other people, but nothing else.

<<

Annalee

Post Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:59 am

They are all on lock down...
:) :) I listened to Bob Jeffries last nite, just because his voice is so comforting...listening to Jeff Burton, he's so chatty....but last nite in the heat of the battle...the radio was silent.....except for Bob clearing him through traffic....I think he did well all things considered...

I #Support Smoke
PreviousNext

Return to Tony