FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony will miss Bristol....

<<

Annalee

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:30 pm

Tony will miss Bristol....

Take your time Tony......but please know we all love you and will miss you.....

Sirius XM Radio: Tony Stewart to sit out Bristol; Jeff Burton in for second straight weekend
Posted on August 19, 2014 by Ashley McCubbin
Photo Credit: Mike Holtsclaw
According to Sirius XM’s Dave Moody, Tony Stewart will miss his third straight Sprint Cup Series race in a row following the tragedy at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park.

Moody added on Sirius XM Radio today that fans should not expect Stewart back behind the wheel of his No. 14 Mobil 1/Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet till the investigation is complete. As a result, Jeff Burton will be driving the No. 14 Chevrolet for the second straight race in a row.

Stewart-Haas Racing Executive Vice President Brett Frood addressed the media last weekend at Michigan, stating that Stewart is dealing with a lot of emotions right now.

“It’s been an emotional week for him,” he said. “He’s grieving.  Anytime someone is lost, especially at a racetrack, it’s tragic.  It was a tragic accident, and he’s dealing with quite a bit of grief.”

Frood added that Stewart is “surrounded right now by his closest friends and family” right now, stating that he has been in contact with Stewart over the past week. Moving beyond Michigan, no decision has been made as that will be up to Stewart to decide when he wants.

“When he’s ready to get in the car, he’ll be in there, and we’ll go from there,” he commented.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

jdpirate

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:58 pm

Re: Tony will miss Bristol....

Is this official? or just speculation by Moody? I haven't seen anything else about it yet...
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

rpingraham58

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:16 pm

Well I hope he is back racing ASAP because I believe he is missed by his fans, teammates, competitive drivers who 'hate' him, as well as the Sprint Cup announcers.
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:31 pm

I am hoping when the investigation is over he decides to get back behind the wheel providing the County DA does not file charges because that will just add more pressure onto him and cause even more distraction to him. Depending on the outcome of the investigation and what the DA decides to do, we could see Tony soon or it could be awhile.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

cdn guy

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:04 am

As much as I miss seeing Tony race on the weekends – watching NASCAR just isn’t the same without him behind the wheel of the #14, I find myself finding other things to do and missing large portions of the races now – I hope he doesn’t come back for any other reason than the urge to race fully outweighs all the grieving and negative feelings that he is most certainly feeling right now. It would be a shame if there was any other reason he returned to the racetrack than that he is fully ready to do so.

cdn guy
<<

jdpirate

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:13 pm

Re: Tony will miss Bristol.... OFFICIAL

It is now official :(

Stewart to Sit Out Bristol; Jeff Burton to return as Interim Driver of the #14 Team.

Tony Stewart has decided not to compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway.

this driver change pertains only to Bristol. stewart's plans for upcoming Sprint Cup Races has yet to be determined.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:31 pm

jd, where is that posted? I just looked at NASCAR and Jayski and still haven't seen it...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:33 pm

Rochelle wrote:jd, where is that posted? I just looked at NASCAR and Jayski and still haven't seen it...

i seen it on the bleacher report via FB
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:40 pm

Sorry, I don't FB or Tweet or any type of social media other than this site. Part of what's lacking in the world is people not responding to people face to face. Way too easy to spew nonsense and bully others when you don't have to face them... That's how I feel anyway.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:42 pm

I have the nascar mobile app on my phone and they always give me breaking news. That's how I found out.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:44 pm

well my socializing on FB is next to nothing, its kinda easy to have all the things i like to catch up on, sorta like my personal newspaper

agree about the bully comment!

well lah de fricken dah doc! :)
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:29 pm

Yeah, well I hate to say it, but this is getting old. I hope they finish the investigation soon. Sooner or later his sponsors will want more than Burton for their money. Accidents or not, they're not going to keep throwing money at other drivers that was intended to sponsor Tony. Regardless of why, this is the 2nd August two years in a row he hasn't been in the car. While their hearts might be in the right place for now, I'm sure they answer to others that depend on the bottom line. As they say, business is business. I'm sure some of you won't like what I said, but that can't be helped, it is what it is, my opinion. However the investigation concludes, Tony knows what is true in his heart.
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:22 pm

I saw this on Facebook on the SHR Page
Image Image

<<

BlackFlag

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:20 pm

I think Tony may as well sit out the rest of the season and just look for a fresh start next year.
In the meantime, can Jeff Burton be added to the roster in the weekly points pick game?
I feel he's gonna do some good things in that 14 car!
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:39 pm

...and many people said the same thing about Mark Martin last year, although I was not one of them.
Image Image

Next

Return to Tony