FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I have had it with....

<<

BlackFlag

Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:52 pm

Re: I have had it with....

I can understand the frustration. But, it's like a marriage---for better or for worse. Things just might be a bit bumpy right now, but there's always hope for the future.
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:50 pm

Hmmmm, maybe he should fire his crew chief but yet another time? :mrgreen:
<<

Outlaw7841

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:09 am

wolfgang wrote:Hmmmm, maybe he should fire his crew chief but yet another time? :mrgreen:

They win as a team and lose as a team. Tony likes Chad a lot, and I think there is something else that isn't working. I also know a lot of the guys Tony brought over from JGR have retired in the last year or two.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:56 pm

All right! All right! All right!

I confess ... it's ME ! ! OK? Are yall happy now ?!

I'm on the grassy knoll ... with the lead pipe .... given to me by aliens ..... that is the fault. :-(

I'll stop.

Sheesh ...... :-( Ya try and have a littler fun .... :-(
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:02 pm

OK, seriously tho ... ;-)

There are sooooooo many facets of elements in a race that are beyond the control of most.

Temp tracks - rising or falling .... how much oil is on the track, since last rain? Condition of the track.

Condition of the driver - is he ok today? Mad? Happy? Not feeling good? Really upset about something? In physical pain this week ? Each pit crew member? Tire changer is developing serious allergies all of a sudden ? Gas man is going thru a break up this week ?

All the thousands of pieces, parts, equipment & tools that EACH has the capacity to fail all on it's own. All the damage a car takes during a race that changes so many things.

I could go on & on ... but the point is - there is more to winning, running or losing a race, than the driver or CC. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:54 pm

smokieonefour wrote:OK, seriously tho ... ;-)

There are sooooooo many facets of elements in a race that are beyond the control of most.

Temp tracks - rising or falling .... how much oil is on the track, since last rain? Condition of the track.

Condition of the driver - is he ok today? Mad? Happy? Not feeling good? Really upset about something? In physical pain this week ? Each pit crew member? Tire changer is developing serious allergies all of a sudden ? Gas man is going thru a break up this week ?

All the thousands of pieces, parts, equipment & tools that EACH has the capacity to fail all on it's own. All the damage a car takes during a race that changes so many things.

I could go on & on ... but the point is - there is more to winning, running or losing a race, than the driver or CC. :-)

HMS and Ganassi run the same equipment, just saying! ;)
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:41 pm

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HMS supplies Ganassi with equipment, please dont give chip any credit for the HMS power plant. 8-)
<<

tammysfirst.14

Post Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:31 am

Rochelle wrote:Geez, I've been trying to tell everyone to chill all year... Tony is not the same as before his accident, like it or not. He's said some things recently that lead me to believe he's finally realized he's not invincible... He's also said some things in the car that sound like he's not so aggressive anymore. Like it or not, I don't really care. Just shows he's human after all. Add all that to the 4th team this year, the new rules package, the changes in the car, the new cc. Geez, get over it and be glad he can still drive. He came very close to losing that leg and his life...
<<

Taskforce14

Post Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:56 pm

I still don't think the injury has anything to do with Tonys performance, at least the recuperating aspect anyway. I have also heard things that indicate he may not be as aggressive. The sad thing is how many years will Tony drive garbage cars before he hangs it up.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:19 pm

regardless of the accident, drivers when they get older hit a patch where they dont get wins regularly, gordon had a couple years of no ones or win win, Sr, Rusty, Martin, and if that is where tony is at, big deal, instead of worrying if he is gonna win every weekend, enjoy the fact he is around, sooner than later he will be out of racing and most of you would have complained your weekends away looking for a win or a championship, instead of bein excited every weekend cuz he is racing.
<<

jdpirate

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:31 pm

bowtie_4 wrote:Well, one doesn't return from injuries and preform miracles, unless your name is Dale, sr. :-)
Maybe Tony has got too much on his plate at the moment and has become a distraction. I'm only guessing at the assumption.
I'm like everyone else, I would like to see him running stronger and I think he will!

Well, as much as I can remember....Dale wasn't ever as seriously hurt as Tony was----just saying....
BUT
I haven't give up --and I believe I've said it before---nor will I give up hope!
Yes, we all wish that Tony would be back winning again, but unfortunately it hasn't happened yet.
He'll get there :D

regardless of the accident, drivers when they get older hit a patch where they dont get wins regularly, gordon had a couple years of no ones or win win, Sr, Rusty, Martin, and if that is where tony is at, big deal, instead of worrying if he is gonna win every weekend, enjoy the fact he is around, sooner than later he will be out of racing and most of you would have complained your weekends away looking for a win or a championship, instead of bein excited every weekend cuz he is racing.

I agree MJ.
I'm living my life the way I want to.... Tony Stewart
[]Never Quit...... Marcus Luttrell
<<

Smoke_14

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:48 pm

I have really paid attention to Tony on restarts all year. His aggressiveness has been higher this year I feel then in the past 5. I don't think there are any endurance issues with his leg. I think missing half of last year with a new car (which was junk btw) and having to adjust to new CC is what is hampering him. Not sure if he can make the Chase but I think he will be better as things go along. Performance they are getting better. Just haven't had much luck.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:08 am

Say what you will, but I've seen him wheel a bad handling car and come out on top. I have to say I'm just not seeing that Tony this year... I'm hoping the Glen brings that out in him :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HotCamaro

Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:41 pm

Don't worry......the Glen will be the win! Read my "On to Pocono" and you'll have more confidence...or not! :lol:
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:36 pm

I'm just tired of hearing excuses and far as Dale the only thing that ever stopped Dale from racing was Daytona 2001, he drove several times with injuries much more severe and hid it from Nascar!
How many crew chiefs has Tony had since this became SHR, non stayed long enough is the way I see it, yet Gibson should have been gone long ago! :shock:
PreviousNext

Return to Tony