FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

awkward

<<

HotCamaro

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:52 pm

awkward

Dare I mention how awkward it must be (or not) that Danica's boyfriend started the wreck that took her boss out of the race? Wonder what was said, or not? :oops:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:18 pm

Re: awkward

im sure the situation is treated like any other driver.... i dont think she would say anything to him
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:32 pm

michaeljohn wrote:im sure the situation is treated like any other driver.... i dont think she would say anything to him

I'm sure Tony was ranting as he "NEVER" causes wrecks at Daytona or Dega! :lol: :lol:
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:02 pm

Well Stenica started it but it was Gordon who checked up and got into Tony. Jeff even said that. Tony always makes comments when he comes out of the care center before he see's a replay. That's all racing stuff and doesn't have anything to do with relationships or friendships on the track. It especially doesn't have anything to do with Danica and Ricky's relationship. They seem to be able to keep that separate from racing, as it should be.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:53 am

Stewart believed Stenhouse lost control of his car at a point where he should have been not pushing his car to the point of a spin.

“Every week it’s something kind of with him,” Stewart said. “ I love him like a little brother, but it makes me nervous to be around him on the race track. … It was just Stenhouse being an idiot.”

Stenhouse "got sideways on a lap that we were all getting a competition caution," said Stewart, who once owned sprint cars driven by Stenhouse. "I guess Ricky thought it paid something to get to lap 20. I don't know, it didn't make much sense to me."

:arrow: http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/stor ... ts-daytona
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:59 pm

I read that quote too HH and thought wow, awkward for Danica! Seems if Tony loves Ricky like a brother, he wouldn't say he didn't want to be anywhere near him on the track. Weird. I don't blame him for wanting to stay away from him, but I bet Tony regrets making that comment publicly.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

jdpirate

Post Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:09 pm

Nah, he could love him like a brother and not want to race around him....those are 2 different feelings. Off track-like a brother....on track--if he's unpredictable, then yeah, avoid if you can.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

BlackFlag

Post Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 pm

Tony had better get used to it. More to come, I'm sure.......
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

TishR

Post Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:34 pm

Has anybody seen the 3 Wide Life interview with Tony (second half). He tells in there how Ricky almost single handedly almost put him out of the open wheel business because he wrecked cars so fast the team could not build them fast enough.
Tish
<<

Outlaw7841

Post Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:57 pm

TishR wrote:Has anybody seen the 3 Wide Life interview with Tony (second half). He tells in there how Ricky almost single handedly almost put him out of the open wheel business because he wrecked cars so fast the team could not build them fast enough.

I understand what you are saying, but Tony also goes on to say that with the right thing he new he was going to be something one day. Or along them lines. As Tony mentioned in the 3 Wide piece and in one of his statements He loves him like a little brother or a son. Tony is usually hot if he gets wrecked like that. Also, a quote was once said along these lines, " Tony will kick your #### on Sunday, But will buy you a beer on Monday" I think that describes Tony perfectly.
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:25 pm

Stenhouse was terrible his rookie year in NW and did well the following year, Cup so far I don't see any improvement from Ricky in fairness to Tony.
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:09 pm

Outlaw7841 wrote:
TishR wrote:Has anybody seen the 3 Wide Life interview with Tony (second half). He tells in there how Ricky almost single handedly almost put him out of the open wheel business because he wrecked cars so fast the team could not build them fast enough.

I understand what you are saying, but Tony also goes on to say that with the right thing he new he was going to be something one day. Or along them lines. As Tony mentioned in the 3 Wide piece and in one of his statements He loves him like a little brother or a son. Tony is usually hot if he gets wrecked like that. Also, a quote was once said along these lines, " Tony will kick your #### on Sunday, But will buy you a beer on Monday" I think that describes Tony perfectly.

I agree on this. A few years back he and Kenseth had a tangle and he was furious. The next week Matts dad was having a charity race in their home state and Tony had said he'd be there. After the wreck Matt didn't think Tony would show but he did. Matt thanked him and told him he was surprised he came to the race. Tony said "A promise is a promise". I've never forgotten this and it just shows what decent people do.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Jules14

Post Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:14 pm

:D Ha ha ha! I work with people I really like as people, but I can't FREAKIN stand working with them because I don't trust their work...I think the racing is a bit like that. It sure is fun because you just know the media is going to stick that mic in Tony's face and he's gonna say what he thinks, no matter what anyone thinks. I love it!

Return to Tony