FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So disappointing

<<

HotCamaro

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:54 pm

So disappointing

I can't imagine how disappointed Tony and the #14 team is after working so hard to create a great car, staying over an extra night waiting to start this race and then getting 25 or so laps in. The car looked so great and Tony really had a chance today. I had sent Tony a tweet days ago telling him to be extra alert on lap 29 as I often get these "feelings" and I am saddened that it came true. The agony of defeat! :cry:
<<

jdpirate

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:11 pm

Re: So disappointing

:(

:shock: Maybe you cursed him :(

j/k ;)
I'm living my life the way I want to.... Tony Stewart
[]Never Quit...... Marcus Luttrell
<<

im4tony

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:33 pm

I am so sad too and I hope it doesn't get him down. Haven't looked to see where he is in the standings, almost afraid to. I didn't even want to watch the rest of the race but half-heartedly did. Glad he got back on the track so there was no DNF.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:20 pm

He dropped 4 spots to 20th. I listened to his radio and they would have had to finish all the regular laps of the race and a g-w-c to move up they were guessing about 10-15 spots. There was no chance of gaining spots with the shortened race. Tony said he guessed it was worth it to stay on the track but then the rain started and they called it. Didn't sound like he wanted to be in the car, but I can't blame him for that. With all the rain stops and wrecks, doesn't seem like they even got to race much, at least to me. What a waste of a race day and a good car...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:56 pm

Rochelle wrote:He dropped 4 spots to 20th. I listened to his radio and they would have had to finish all the regular laps of the race and a g-w-c to move up they were guessing about 10-15 spots. There was no chance of gaining spots with the shortened race. Tony said he guessed it was worth it to stay on the track but then the rain started and they called it. Didn't sound like he wanted to be in the car, but I can't blame him for that. With all the rain stops and wrecks, doesn't seem like they even got to race much, at least to me. What a waste of a race day and a good car...

ya not to thrilled with danica jr or big momma jeff
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:04 pm

Danica jr and big momma Jeff? That was the only bright spot in my totally crappy day. Thanks for the chuckle MJ.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:09 pm

when ricky was talkin about the outside groove, i thought he meant the first 3 rows, he was so close to the wall...
<<

Outlaw7841

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:10 am

All I can say is I'm very disappointed. I think all 4 SHR cars were stout and 2 of them really didn't get to show them.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:23 pm

HE HAD SUCH A GOOD CAR.......
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

jdpirate

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:40 pm

im4tony wrote:I am so sad too and I hope it doesn't get him down. Haven't looked to see where he is in the standings, almost afraid to. I didn't even want to watch the rest of the race but half-heartedly did. Glad he got back on the track so there was no DNF.

I don't think it'll get him down.... it's over and done and now on to the next race--- that's how most drivers look at it-- they don't/can't dwell on woulda/shoulda/couldas...
I'm living my life the way I want to.... Tony Stewart
[]Never Quit...... Marcus Luttrell
<<

HotCamaro

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:49 pm

I think Tony's fans are actually suffering more than him because drivers do move on quickly. He was kind enough to send out a congrats tweet to the 43 team. Takes me a few days to get over it! (sometimes more than a few days) I watched the rest of the race to support the two SHR teams that were still in the race. Wish that rain hadn't come because both Kurt and Danica had really good cars. Oh well....Mother Nature will do as she pleases.

Return to Tony