FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Home Depot leaving Nascar

<<

SHR_14

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:21 pm

Home Depot leaving Nascar

I find it kinda sad that Home Depot is pulling out of Nascar as a sponsor. Tony had 10 great years driving the Home Depot #20 car. Although there is no speculation at this time, I would love to see Home Depot colors on the #14 car sometime down the road.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Re: Home Depot leaving Nascar

I miss "BIG ORANGE"!!!!! It's too bad ALOT of great sponsors seem to be leaving.....
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

TishR

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:39 pm

I kind of wonder what is behind them leaving. Financially they are doing very well according to all the financials so I wonder if they are not getting enough exposure from JGR anymore with Dollar General coming on. Just curious.
Tish
<<

HotCamaro

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:07 pm

My Husband has worked for The Home Depot for 21 years and even he doesn't have any "inside" information as to why they are pulling out. The company, as usual, is doing just fine but I don't think they have been pleased with the lack of "attention" they have gotten this past season. When Tony drove the car HD would actually have special T-shirts the employees could purchase and wear to work which had the #20 car on it. When Tony left....it was all over. HD no longer even sold any NASCAR merchandise in the stores and certainly not the employee shirts. Although Tony was kind enough to send letters to the HD employees when he left thanking them for their support, I always hoped that HD would end up on Tony's #14. Could it happen some day?....I wouldn't doubt it. If ever I get some inside scoop, I'll let you all know!
<<

blownt

Post Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:22 am

Maybe Home Depot remembers the good times and does want to sponsor Tony again but has some contractual agreement with JGR. So they have to get out of Nascar for awhile then come back in with SHR. Just guessing ??????? Besides.....I can't see them giving into Lowes.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:44 am

its not a question of giving into lowes, its a question of what are they getting for their return??? outside of the 15-20 million a year lowes gives to HMS for sponsorship they spend another 60 million on lowes racing... i dont have a clue what the finances are for HD and if they are struggling as a business and if they truly wanted to jump ship to tony, they would come right out and do it, sponsors do it every year.
<<

HotCamaro

Post Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:58 pm

Home Depot does not have financial problems, for sure. As the wife of a long time HD employee, I find it very hard to believe that they will pull out of Nascar for good. The reason is simple - they Never, ever allow Lowes to dominate anything, anywhere. This is why when you see one store, the other is located very close by. I have no doubt they will be a sponsor on another car and my hope is one of the SHR cars. Will be interesting to keep an eye on this story as it unfolds.
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:18 pm

I hope they may decide to switch sponsorship to another car.....maybe the 14... :D :D kinda like Nationwide left and became a major sponsor of Jr.....Napa went to Chase Elliott.
I love Home Depot, every light fixture, door, tile, carpet, kitchen and bathroom cabinet, mail box, plants, sprinkler system and fence when we built our house came from there....Home depot stock has done nothing but go up....And they pay a very nice dividend :D :D
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:28 pm

Home Depot here is in the city limits with huge parking and they are in a building that was built for them. Lowe's is in a commercial area about 4 miles out of the city but backs up to I-96. it has plenty of parking also Menards is in the same area. I have no idea who has the most sales. When Tony was driving the #20 Home Depot had one of his cars here and had it sitting in front of a retired couples NASCAR gift shop. The store was less than a block from Home Depot.
Just found out Home Depot has a store in Okemos and Menards has another store within the city limits.
Ryan had a car here in front of the store that was a cell phone sales place. Kurt Busch had a car here in front of Walmart years ago. Dale Jr. Has spent time in the area whenever he has time away from MIS.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

HotCamaro

Post Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:44 pm

Thank you Annalee for all you have purchased at the Home Depot as my husbands retirement fund and my future lifestyle depends on those sales! LOL. My husband, also a Tony, really gets nervous whenever I go "window shopping" at the Depot as I can always find a new project!

Return to Tony