FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony's Daytona car??

<<

Outlaw7841

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:17 am

Re: Tony's Daytona car??

michaeljohn wrote:
onerockindoc wrote:Well, this Texas girl doesn't feel the need to defend him, just support him. I hope he gets a win. I hope he makes the chase. I hope he contends for the championship. Either way though, I still adore him and what he does for children and animals.

well this PA kid doesnt drink the kool aid, i give him credit when its due, i always has and he is no different from any driver when dealin with charities, they ALL deserve credit and praise for what they do

MJ. Without a doubt Jimmie Johnson will probably go into the record books as the greatest NASCAR driver there ever was. That is fine. But where I have a real problem with you is when you are on a STEWART HAAS RACING fan page talking about how Tony sucks, Danica Sucks, and Tony's car is slow and stuff. If you do not like Tony , or Danica then do not click on there thread. Myself and the rest of the members do not get on the site to hear your negative comments about OUR drivers. We understand that Jimmie, Chad and Hendrick are good, but don't get on this site and brag about them. Go find a Hendrick affiliated fan page and do that.
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:30 am

I don't believe Tony does anything just to show off for anyone. It's well known he contributed to the Petty camp for children for years and and asked for the gift to stay anonymous. This was the way it stayed until Kyle told him if he couldn't let people know what he had done they couldn't accept any more money. That was okay with Tony and he let Kyle put the donation out with the rest.
I'm sure most people know what the other racers do with foundation money. I've never read where anyone on here called someone a cheap-skate. I read where racers do things to raise money and what they do with it. But since this site belongs to SHR I don't post it here. Oh well people will write what they want to and if they do it just to smear someone it really is their problem.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

BlackFlag

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:21 pm

Outlaw7841 wrote:
Your welcome for the picture! Also, most people would think that that car was for Daytona, however, how they set up the sponsors, Bass Pro has the rights to both Charlotte and Daytona which are usually the two patriotic tracks. So, for the past two years Tony's had a patriotic scheme at Sonoma and in 2012 he had one at Pocono with Mobil 1 on the hood. In 2011, he had a patriotic car at Richmond with Office Depot on the car.

Ok, thanks. Should have known it had something to do with the business. I always think of the July Daytona race as the one that should have the most patriotic color schemes.

Michaeljohn: No, it looked just like the blue in the picture, even though I wasn't using my best camera.

Annalee: Hard to say. I assume some of the splitters were from Tony, but I guess the only way would be to match the color shade. I doubt anyone in the gift shop would know, but I could ask.
Most of them had the track notated on them, but not the driver. I figured the bright neon red ones were Danica's. Yes, it would make a great prize. Kind of difficult to ship, though.
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

BlackFlag

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:30 pm

This car of Kurt's was parked right by the viewing window. Still had race splatter on the windshield and damage behind the L/F wheel. From Pocono maybe?

My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

HotCamaro

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:26 pm

I too wonder why MJ is on this site since he is so negative about our racers. I'm thinking MJ likes to make people mad (how sad) but sorry, I won't be affected..........I just read your comments, laugh and move on. Too many positive comments to read, enjoy and reply to.
<<

Outlaw7841

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:24 pm

BlackFlag wrote:
Outlaw7841 wrote:
Your welcome for the picture! Also, most people would think that that car was for Daytona, however, how they set up the sponsors, Bass Pro has the rights to both Charlotte and Daytona which are usually the two patriotic tracks. So, for the past two years Tony's had a patriotic scheme at Sonoma and in 2012 he had one at Pocono with Mobil 1 on the hood. In 2011, he had a patriotic car at Richmond with Office Depot on the car.

Ok, thanks. Should have known it had something to do with the business. I always think of the July Daytona race as the one that should have the most patriotic color schemes.

Michaeljohn: No, it looked just like the blue in the picture, even though I wasn't using my best camera.

Annalee: Hard to say. I assume some of the splitters were from Tony, but I guess the only way would be to match the color shade. I doubt anyone in the gift shop would know, but I could ask.
Most of them had the track notated on them, but not the driver. I figured the bright neon red ones were Danica's. Yes, it would make a great prize. Kind of difficult to ship, though.

Your Welcome! And yes, most do think of it being 4th of July weekend.
<<

kim92164

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:58 pm

michaeljohn wrote:i heard that all year smokewillrise fartswillrise, all i seen is avg performance, im tired of that excuse "its summer thats when he heats up." well i guess we know who will never win the 500, dont care if what i said brings me heat, any driver worth a grain of salt doesnt make excuses for not winning and he doesnt, sadly his fans do

But Summer doesn't officially start until this Saturday, June 21.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:27 pm

BlackFlag wrote:
Outlaw7841 wrote:

Annalee: Hard to say. I assume some of the splitters were from Tony, but I guess the only way
would be to match the color shade. I doubt anyone in the gift shop would know, but I could ask.

Black flag....loved the Picts..jay ski said that Mobil one was Tonys sponsor at Daytona.....
I was sort of looking at the splitter with the chip.....Battle scars!!
I thought about one of the splitters for an extra bonus prize in the GG....but then reality of shipping would be ALOT ....I was even going to see if I could get it signed by all four drivers....I just think it would be a great prize......we'll see....... :D ;)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

BlackFlag

Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:16 pm

Could always ship it with "some assembly required". Just like IKEA ! :P

Probably wouldn't cost too much to ship it UPS in a long, flat box.
<<

barnes442

Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:55 pm

BlackFlag wrote:This car of Kurt's was parked right by the viewing window. Still had race splatter on the windshield and damage behind the L/F wheel. From Pocono maybe?

That is his Martinsville winner
<<

Driven2Win14

Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:12 pm

could be his Kentucky car. would be really cool at night....especially if it was leading. I don't know though this is the first I've seen it. Thanks for the pic!
"In Racing the only thing you actually control is your emotions"- Tony Stewart
<<

BlackFlag

Post Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:28 pm

barnes442 wrote:
That is his Martinsville winner

Gee, you'd think they'd have had time to wash it by now. ;)
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:16 pm

Here is the die cast....with practice on...... Tony's car really looks nice on the Track at Sonoma.. :D :D

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Outlaw7841

Post Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:30 pm

I like how its a flash coat. Kinda like Jeff Gordon use to run when his DUPONT car was blue with the flames.
Previous

Return to Tony