FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Very encouraging

<<

HotCamaro

Post Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:30 pm

Very encouraging

I could see from Tony's reaction in his car, via racebuddy that he was aggravated after the race. I agree, however...............he was awesome coming from 26th position and passing cars like they were standing still. Love watching Racebuddy! Considering all that happened on the track, I say congrats to the #14 team. Now, if Tony would just sneak over to J.J.'s house and take that lucky horseshoe from him.....................We'll get that win, no doubt.
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:26 pm

Re: Very encouraging

ON TO SONOMA ....a road course ...........who is very good on a road course....TONY!!

But before Sonoma he will be testing in Indy on Monday and Tuesday... A great chance to build on the relationship between Tony and Chad.......

I really think the 14 Team have found something in the set up of the car, that is to Tony's liking....
He REALLY liked his car and his car was perfect until the 42 put a whole in the front...Chad and Tony have developed a rapport.......they are learning how to adjust the car for the feel Tony wants and his performance shows......they had one bad pit stop....but all in all .......IT WAS A VERY GOOD DAY!! Now we need a 4 leaf clover..... I THINK HE MOVED UP A SPOT IN THE POINTS.......YEAH!!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

eve

Post Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:56 pm

Tony needs to have a heart to heart with Mr.Larson. The hole in Tony's car came from Kyle Larson blocking Tony and we all know how he feels about that. Better for Tony to take care of it than for Kyle to be punted into the wall by someone else.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:26 am

tony has no room to talk when it comes to blocking, he caused wrecks on plate tracks cuz he blocks
I miss you Frehley........
<<

HotCamaro

Post Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:43 pm

I would find it very hard to believe that Larson is not aware that Tony has issues with those who block him! We need to remember that Larson is a rookie and he will learn these lessons the easy way.....or the hard way. I don't see how it's fair that Larson has a small wreck and is able to just remove his rear bumper, which actually gives him a better car "legally". If the rule is that you need the proper bumper, then if you need to remove it because of a wreck, they should have to replace it. Otherwise, everyone should have a minor "bump" so they can remove their bumper, no? :?
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:39 pm

As far as I know, Tony liked Kyle Larson before the race ... probably got mad at him during the race... will have private words with him ..... and it will be on to Sonoma. Just a guess. ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Outlaw7841

Post Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:14 pm

Tony did like Kyle Larson. and still will like Kyle Larson. Remember back to 2012 when Him and Matt had that thing at Bristol, Tony said a couple weeks later that Matt's a good guy and that he knew why he was doing it and stuff. I think Kyle Larson was trying to just hold that spot and not let Tony get to his outside. Kyle mentioned in one of his statements that Tony did the same thing at Pocono, so he was probably trying to teach him a lesson
Last edited by Outlaw7841 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:05 am

If Tony likes Kyle, then he still does. He's said some pretty funny stuff where Danica is concerned but he leaves most of that stuff on the track. I don't think they really have an issue. At least not at this point... :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:48 pm

What I seen and what Tony says appear to be two different things and when Tony got into the back of Kyle, I would call it fair game if Kyle returned the favor! Kyle or any driver for that matter, doesn't have to move out of the way for anyone including Tony. Kyle is a rookie and I don't recall anywhere in the rule book rookies have to move out of the way for Mr. Stewart or kiss his ahhhs!
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:56 pm

Oh wolf...I heart you. I kinda said the same thing in my weekly love letter to Chad Johnston. I'm just hoping that our Mr Stewart learns to be more...um...flexible on this blocking thing.
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?

Return to Tony