FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony Stewart to visit the Wounded Warriors April 28

<<

peanut1439

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:43 am

Tony Stewart to visit the Wounded Warriors April 28

Office Depot today announced that NASCAR� star Tony Stewart, driver of the No. 14 Office Depot/Mobil 1 Chevrolet in the NASCAR� Sprint Cup Series?, will make a special visit to U.S. Marine Corps Base Quantico in Virginia tomorrow, April 28.

The two-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series? Champion will visit with Wounded Warriors and hold a private autograph session for service members during the Quantico ServMart Customer Appreciation Day celebration event taking place on base at Barnett Field. A replica of Stewart's No. 14 Office Depot/Mobil 1 show car will also be on-site.

Office Depot is the Official Office Products Partner of NASCAR� and primary sponsor of Stewart and the No. 14 Office Depot/Mobil 1 team. Stewart's appearance at the ServMart is in conjunction with Quantico's Third Annual Customer Appreciation Day. This event is sponsored in part by the General Services Administration and its vendors, including Office Depot.

"It is an honor for me to visit Marine Corps Base Quantico and have the opportunity to meet some of the brave men and women who serve our country," said Stewart, who will compete in this weekend's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series? Race at nearby Richmond International Raceway. "I'm incredibly grateful for the sacrifices service members and their families make every day. Those sacrifices make it possible for someone like me to have the freedom to do what I love and for NASCAR fans to enjoy being at the race track. To be able to say thank you in person means a lot to me."
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:06 pm

Re: Tony Stewart to visit the Wounded Warriors April 28

Think it's cool Tony and Ryan take time like this,even as busy as they are to show their graditude and or appreciation for any branch of milatary, even if they were never in themselves.ha! ha! During my time in the Airforce,Cup drivers just didn't do that,but i also don't think it was as popular in the early 80's as it is today.Course yah know how i feel about Nascar [Winston Cup] back then, compared to todays racin.The soldiers are gonna love this visit,you can bet on it.
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:34 am

that is so great .
<<

muskrat3

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:32 pm

wolfgang wrote:Think it's cool Tony and Ryan take time like this,even as busy as they are to show their graditude and or appreciation for any branch of milatary, even if they were never in themselves.ha! ha! During my time in the Airforce,Cup drivers just didn't do that,but i also don't think it was as popular in the early 80's as it is today.Course yah know how i feel about Nascar [Winston Cup] back then, compared to todays racin.The soldiers are gonna love this visit,you can bet on it.

I hate to correct ya but President Carter Did invite A few Cop Drivers to the white house and the cars were actually parked on the White House Lawn.
I feel realy great about Tony visiting the marines, All of our Armed forces deserve visits but I am just partial to the Corp
I would rather be hated for who Iam the Loved for What Iam not
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun May 01, 2011 9:28 pm

muskrat3 wrote:
wolfgang wrote:Think it's cool Tony and Ryan take time like this,even as busy as they are to show their graditude and or appreciation for any branch of milatary, even if they were never in themselves.ha! ha! During my time in the Airforce,Cup drivers just didn't do that,but i also don't think it was as popular in the early 80's as it is today.Course yah know how i feel about Nascar [Winston Cup] back then, compared to todays racin.The soldiers are gonna love this visit,you can bet on it.

I hate to correct ya but President Carter Did invite A few Cop Drivers to the white house and the cars were actually parked on the White House Lawn.
I feel realy great about Tony visiting the marines, All of our Armed forces deserve visits but I am just partial to the Corp

The White House doesn't count! :lol: Corp?Why? The toughest men i ever met were Navy Seals and they didn't mingle much with anyone outside their own.The Marines are great i'd never knock "majority" of them,but they are a breed of their own and my days of the bar room brawl,i fought tougher men.Yes,now and then %hit happens even amoungst ourselves,but it was usually ok by the later part of the night. :mrgreen:

Return to Tony