FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Talladega.... Zippy is inda house

<<

14Smokem

Post Fri May 02, 2014 3:02 pm

Talladega.... Zippy is inda house

Just watching practice....
Zippy is there.... yeh I know..!!!! Duh.....

Soooo... What are y'all thinkin....????

I am betting he is, at a minimum, sitting next to Chad2....!! on race day
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

racer1

Post Fri May 02, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: Talladega.... Zippy is inda house

WEll--its pretty tough to mess up a super speedway plate track car once it shows decent for practice as its either fast or it isn't? Course if necessary making the right handling adjustments during the race is important? However Dega like Daytona Is certainly not a track like Darlington or others that require the right setup & handling adjustments constantly to keep up with the changing track or tire wear they've had issues with in past races?

Hopefully Zippy is monitoring other drivers as well & their cars having setup issues as that's his job? Course we could agree Tony is a priority to get his car right at the tougher tracks coming up since he hasn't won yet & could have a chance to win a race --long as they get it right that IS--then the rest is up to the driver?? :roll:
<<

Annalee

Post Fri May 02, 2014 6:12 pm

I hate to burst your bubble smokem14, but Zippy was at Richmond too, just not on TV.........And we all know how well that went :( :(. During the week the press release was they totally missed the set up on all four cars .........So far things are better this weekend!
When all SHR and Hendrick cars lined up in last practice to make practice qualifying runs, they were really fast.....they were working on a strategy for knockout Qualifying...and THE BIG CHEVY EIGHT AGAINST THE REST......I like that strategy ...... :D :D (99) flipper got right in the middle of it......and crashed the party :P :x.....no fords allowed!!!

Racer 1, this is a good track for Danica.... :D

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri May 02, 2014 6:48 pm

im looking fwd to qualifying and if the drivers will get in packs or try that two car draft.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

jdpirate

Post Sat May 03, 2014 1:46 am

Talledega hasn't ever been considered as a "handling" track....more of a mash the gas and hold on :lol: Generally it was small tweaks during the race. Though Dega and Daytona are both superspeedways, of the two, Daytona has been a "handling" track vs Dega. Though the new car could make a difference, I doubt it does that much.
Oh...I do know that most teams had shock dynos on their transporter (at least one per multi-car teams), so shocks were also worked on during the weekend.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor

Return to Tony