FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Time for a new crew chief

<<

Annalee

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: Time for a new crew chief

TishR wrote:Does anybody know who the spring and shock guy is for Tony? I keep hearing on the radio ever since Vegas tony saying the car is tripping on the right front and I am wondering if it has more to do with the shocks or springs or combination of both. I do know that last night after they went under the hood and made big adjustments he said it was better but it was way too late by then. I think it is time for one of those "meetings".

Tish ....The shock and springs guy for SHR, is a man they call "Dr Who"..... He has long gray hair and was with Tony and Zippy at JGR....He is suppose to be the best and has in the past worked magic on Tonys car......when I heard the car they used was one Mark Martin had "tested", I just knew that was the problem .......they have two completely different driving styles!! And with Steve as the CC, the car reminded me of the struggles they had last year before his accident.....nothing , no changes ever made them better!! Tony and Chad need to "test", if for no other reason than to learn what Tony means by loose in tight off....plowing, etc....

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:30 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Yes Schmoop it is a ridiculous idea to think that after 9 races a change could or should be made. This would of course mean that this team could go through as many as 4 this year alone.

There are certainly quite a few variables going on in this situation(and other drivers too) that are working against success. Personally though I'm not much concerned with any other driver, just Mr. Stewart. Call me a stalker, tunnel visioned or blind but this guy is my guy. When he struggles like he's doing now I get anxious.

I'm not lobbying for Zippy to get back on the box but the successes and failures of the fab 4 lie at his feet. He needs to get a handle on this and fast.

ME TOO!! Doc did you have on your shoes?!?

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:37 pm

id like to think Chad #2 is intelligent enough to know what tony means, it has only been 9 races and people want this guys head on a plate, it is a bunch of crap, all i ever read are these excuses for tony "he drives better in the heat." "he was injured." well does being injured mean you can not talk to one of the most important people on your race team, so you can start building a relationship, MM was hired to test, so if the powers to be at SHR (TONY) want to go off those notes, can not blame mark.
Like i said when Chad #2 was hired, its only a matter of time before people bail on him here and tony will eventually spit him out. He has had 3 solid CC's since being at SHR, if you all think its been rough for poor tony, take tony gibson and see how much chirping goes on....
I miss you Frehley........
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:09 pm

Nope on the shoes Annalee. I had been out most of the day and was wearing my "normal" clothes and not all decked out like a madwoman. Didn't have time to change!

MJ, I have to tell you at this point in my opinion at least having C2 on the box is ridiculously similar to having TG on the box. I cannot fathom them going off notes from when MM was driving the car because 1. Driving styles not similar and 2. It's not been working.

Let's all not forget this is a results driven deal.

I've read several comments today on Facebook about Tony heating up on the summer. I'm calling Bullcrap on this...he's got to have a car he can drive in order to contend for position.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:33 pm

and to say he heats up in the summer, is basically saying he can only drive in the summer....
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:18 pm

Well Tony is great on dirt and when they refer to the heating up thing it's just referencing the cars sliding around more on the hot asphalt like they do on the dirt. But if I remember right, it wasn't all that hot when he won all those chase races and the championship. I call shenanigan's on that also...

They've been saying since the start of the season that the ride height rule has completely changed the balance of the car and the notes on prior set-ups are useless. Seems like mostly the same cars are in contention to win each week so that means there are a lot of others whose set-ups are not right.

My advice to Chad #2 is to wear a Kevlar vest, he's got a huge target on his back...

If all the brains at SHR can't fix this, sure as sh!t we're not going to...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

kim92164

Post Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:54 am

Some one didn't put the shocks on backwards again, did they? I wasn't happy from what I was hearing in the chatroom, but maybe something wasn't installed correctly and nothing could have fixed it. But then again, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Or, maybe Chad just can't handle the pressure.
<<

racer1

Post Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:06 pm

Well after re-reading the radio chatter comments I kind of skipped over before, have so say --wow--its somewhat ridiculous Tony having a temper tantrum meltdown over a 25th place finish as his other 2 winning drivers have had much worse finishes this yr & they didnt have a meltdown over it like Tony? I think Tony is putting too much pressure on himself & his new CC of only 9 races being too desperate for a win-- as its still early in the yr?

Remember earlier most of us though it would be Kurt losing his temper having the meltdown first--but surprise--its Tony? Even if Zippy takes over which didn't produce great results in the past as some mentioned, what if Tony still cant win? BTW--Has a driver ever been his own CC making the calls for Himself? :lol: :lol:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:53 pm

racer1 wrote:Well after re-reading the radio chatter comments I kind of skipped over before, have so say --wow--its somewhat ridiculous Tony having a temper tantrum meltdown over a 25th place finish as his other 2 winning drivers have had much worse finishes this yr & they didnt have a meltdown over it like Tony? I think Tony is putting too much pressure on himself & his new CC of only 9 races being too desperate for a win-- as its still early in the yr?

Remember earlier most of us though it would be Kurt losing his temper having the meltdown first--but surprise--its Tony? Even if Zippy takes over which didn't produce great results in the past as some mentioned, what if Tony still cant win? BTW--Has a driver ever been his own CC making the calls for Himself? :lol: :lol:

some kinda get forced into it. ryan often had to make the calls when TG was his CC. TG would literally ask Ryan what he wanted to do. As far as doing it on purpose. Rusty Wallace was notorious for wanting to be his own CC. Which is why he faded late in his career. he wouldn't listen to his CC. Also why he couldn't change to the new set ups that came along.

Its never good for a driver to be his/her own CC.
ImageImageImage
<<

jdpirate

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:36 am

Patience.... and confidence.....

Gee, I remember Tony's championship year with Darien....not a great first half of the year-- remember Tony saying that they were running so terrible that they didn't deserve to be in (or even make) the Chase? And we all know what the outcome was after that statement :D

I'm staying optimistic that things will improve soon...
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:53 am

jdpirate wrote:Patience.... and confidence.....

Gee, I remember Tony's championship year with Darien....not a great first half of the year-- remember Tony saying that they were running so terrible that they didn't deserve to be in (or even make) the Chase? And we all know what the outcome was after that statement :D

If I remember correctly, people were calling for Darian's head back then too.
Be careful what you wish for
ImageImageImage
<<

jdpirate

Post Thu May 01, 2014 12:34 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
jdpirate wrote:Patience.... and confidence.....

If I remember correctly, people were calling for Darian's head back then too.

Be careful what you wish for

Yes, they were calling for Darien's head then...only one who wasn't at the time was Tony. All the crap being said about the teams by the media was what made Tony mad and he finally spoke up. By the time he did, plans were in the making for Darien to be out at the end of the year, but they still went on a tear and won the championship. IMHO, nine races isn't enough for all this talk.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu May 01, 2014 1:04 pm

as of today i officially turned down the job as CC :P :P :P
<<

14Smokem

Post Thu May 01, 2014 2:45 pm

michaeljohn wrote:as of today i officially turned down the job as CC :P :P :P

I am certain they are beyond disappointment at your declination.

I checked in with Zippy.... He said it was your refusal to come clean on
Chad Knaus being your twin brother....

You heard it here first folks.... we have a spy in our camp. :D :D
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu May 01, 2014 4:18 pm

and i told you that in confidence!

zippy was in tears........ could have been i just passed gas :D
PreviousNext

Return to Tony