Tony, Zippy, Chad, Darian, Addinngton and Jeff Meendering

<<

dirt93

Post Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:29 pm

Re: Tony, Zippy, Chad, Darian, Addinngton and Jeff Meenderin

Tony: optimistic
Zippy: puzzle master
Chad: puzzle piece
Darian: wrong puzzle piece (Tony did win 5 races after he knew Darian was leaving)
Addington: let down
Jeff: under performing
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:59 am

smoke14rulez wrote:Tony- Underperforming
Zippy-Discombobulated
Chad-New
Darian-Overhyped
Addington-Meh
Meendering-Unsure

...sorry Doc, I meant to come back and "flesh this out" like you did...you'd figure as little as I post I'd be able to remember these things... :roll: :|

Anyway...

Tony- Well, we know what he's capable of, so...'nuff said.
Zippy-Like you(Doc) I think he doesn't know where he wants to be? CC...DC...he needs to pick a page and stay on it.
Chad-He and Tony didn't get any testing in over the winter, the relationship's still new AND Tony starts slow pretty much every year. I'm givin' it a bit of time, but not likin' it at the moment.
Darian-Except the last dozen or so races of 2011, how great has he really been? How many Championships has he got? Right...where did he get it? Right...since then? Not sayin' he's not good, I give him FULL credit for puttin' together some strong pieces in the 2011 Chase...just haven't seen that since.
Addington-Said it from day one, he can get you a few wins a year...and never get close to a Championship...and I was right.
Meendering-I'm unsure as to how much blame to lay at his feet? The CC puts the initial setup in the car, as far a I know? Though the car chief may have a say?
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

TishR

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:28 pm

Doc, from what I got from a Jeff Gordon interview (I think Daytona not sure) SHR and Hendrick are talking and sharing info again because Jeff stated it was SHR that helped them out.

On your assessment I think you are pretty spot on.

On Zippy, I don't think he knows how to separate between being a CC and a CD.
On Chad I am willing to give him more time because as was stated, they did not practice together, no communication established and just jumping in taking over like that has got to be hard especially when it is Tony.
On Meendering he used to be a car chief at Henderick. Questions there.
Tish
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:21 pm

since i always say, "stats make the nascar world go round." here they are...... since 2012

Denny
6 wins (not countin daytona this year)
19 top 5's
26 top 10's
missed 4 races...

Tony
3 wins
17 top 10's
missed 14 or 16, dont remember when he got hurt,

so id say they are even, personally i think darian is a good CC, i dont see tony getting anyone better from here on out, and thats jmo
I miss you Frehley........
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:04 pm

I never meant to give the impression that I thought Darian is/was a good CC. I just don't happen to think he is exceptional.

Denny had lost confidence in Mike Ford just as Tony lost confidence in Darian. That's not to say I don't appreciate the way Darian operates his team. I never felt the same with Addington.

Time will tell about Chad Johnston. But one thing should be crystal clear. It is not easy working with/for Tony Stewart.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:22 pm

onerockindoc wrote:I never meant to give the impression that I thought Darian is/was a good CC. I just don't happen to think he is exceptional.

Denny had lost confidence in Mike Ford just as Tony lost confidence in Darian. That's not to say I don't appreciate the way Darian operates his team. I never felt the same with Addington.

Time will tell about Chad Johnston. But one thing should be crystal clear. It is not easy working with/for Tony Stewart.

I think TS should have TG for a year or two. Then he will appreciate the CC's he has had.
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Tony...... Very frustrated right now... I think he has the weight of the world on his shoulders.
1. HE's recuperating from major leg trauma,
2. A race team that has taken on way too much with extra drivers and facility expansion
3. New crew chiefs to deal with
4. Sponsors to keep happy..... because this is a money driven sport....
5. A car that is undriveable for him, and when they did tear it apart it was over silly springs put in
upside down....carelessness....engines expiring
6. And I think he was soooooo optimistic, had such high hopes and excited to get back in the car....hope for his future....and absolutely nothing has gone right for him....my heart aches for him

Zippy......overwhelmed and very perplexed as to the dynamics of this organization.....He is like a brother to Tony and I see him struggling with getting back on the box, maybe just for a time. Just to see if he can help Chad, to help himself..... and give Tony something he can drive...

Chad.....I wish Chad #2 was a little more like Chad # 1....he needs to strive for more perfection from his crew and himself......ATTENTION TO DETAIL.....for awhile he needs to keep tight reins on his crew,engineers fabricators....and anyone touching Tonys car, in an effort to curb the mistakes.....I think this will come and I pray sooner than later.....

Darian....I still believe in my heart that he was part of the Zippy deal....and if not something happened to their relationship....

Steve...very nice man, but not a good match for Tony...Tony couldn't hear on him on the scanner...

Jeff Mendeering....I don't know what he does other than sit on the pit box , right next to the crew chief....he should be a big help in building the relationship between Chad and Tony....and he should be able to help Chad with the set ups on the car.....but that isn't happening either...

I feel so bad for Tony....he doesn't deserve this.....I hope and pray that the magic comes back and he can be the Tony we know and Love......

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

14Smokem

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:55 pm

Annalee wrote:Zippy......overwhelmed and very perplexed as to the dynamics of this organization.....He is like a brother to Tony and I see him struggling with getting back on the box, maybe just for a time. Just to see if he can help Chad, to help himself..... and give Tony something he can drive...

After today's practice and qualifying it would not surprise me one tiny little bit to see Zippy on the pit box Sunday.....
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
Previous

Return to Tony