FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Drafting with "Gilligan"

<<

justlisa

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:14 pm

Re: Drafting with "Gilligan"

I am in awe of what I just read. First off its derogatory and sexist. How dare you? If this was a woman driver we would not even be having this discussion. How dare ANYONE in this day and age look at a woman they have no clue about and call her names that are so degrading and disgusting. For real skank and ho wtf! As a woman if find that highly offensive and I demand an apology be made for everyone who had to read this , I am so angered over this and ashamed for this whole site. If this was a woman driver like Danica would you have said this??????? I think not! You should be ashamed of yourself and you sound like a jealous woman, and thats just how I am reading it. I can sit back and read a lot and not say anything, but not this . I can not get across the anger I feel for anyone who post such derogatory comments about a woman they do not have a clue about. For Tony I am ashamed that this even was posted here, I am embarrassed to be a member of this site right now and what I have read here. Maybe we should think before we post and a apology is needed ASAP!
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: Smokie's post:

Talking about wives and girlfriends in a positive or indifferent manner is fine. Flat out trashing them for no reason - if they have given a factual reason (see: Gordon, Brooke) then fine - is completely uncalled for. Whether it is "allowed" or not is irrelevent. We should take the moral high road, if not out of respect for one another, then out of respect for Tony, Ryan, and the team.

It amuses the #### out of me, Peanuts jumps on MichaelJohn's butt for stuff he says about Tony (just to illustrate how silly the remarks are), talking about how he trashes him on a site Tony himself paid for, then he calls Tony's girlfriend a "skank ho" on that same site Tony himself paid for. I love the double standard.

I don't run this site and I don't claim to have any authority here, but it's just a case of ethics. Plain and simple. I haven't got a thing against anyone personally here, primarly because I don't KNOW any of ya personally, but I do have a serious issue with some of the opinions. Yes, everyone has a right to whatever opinion they want to express, but like I said, just out of respect for the folks that made this site possible, we should take the moral high road. As fans, we in a way represent Stewart-Haas Racing and our particular driver, Tony and/or Ryan, same as they represent SHR and their respective sponsors. We should do it right, and saw too much of it being done wrong in this post.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:56 pm

justlisa wrote:I am in awe of what I just read. First off its derogatory and sexist. How dare you? If this was a woman driver we would not even be having this discussion. How dare ANYONE in this day and age look at a woman they have no clue about and call her names that are so degrading and disgusting. For real skank and ho wtf! As a woman if find that highly offensive and I demand an apology be made for everyone who had to read this , I am so angered over this and ashamed for this whole site. If this was a woman driver like Danica would you have said this??????? I think not! You should be ashamed of yourself and you sound like a jealous woman, and thats just how I am reading it. I can sit back and read a lot and not say anything, but not this . I can not get across the anger I feel for anyone who post such derogatory comments about a woman they do not have a clue about. For Tony I am ashamed that this even was posted here, I am embarrassed to be a member of this site right now and what I have read here. Maybe we should think before we post and a apology is needed ASAP!

YEAH!!

Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

tonycrazy

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:27 pm

HIGH 5's all around here......we need a lil smiley that claps here.....lol so for now i'll just use this one..... ;)

tc

<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:53 pm

mw no one wants to see your oiled body actors from your gladiator movies hehehehe
<<

longtimetonyfan

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:49 am

Points well taken Lisa and Aaron!
And I don't know MJ.....oiled hot bodies doesn't sound too bad! LMAO!
:lol:
remember to enjoy life.....none of us are going to get out alive anyway
<<

39_newman

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:17 pm

Maybe if Tony and Ryan had partnered up, Ryan might not have been taken out by Hamlin twice...

They sure looked good as a "team" during practice.
No sky too high...
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:42 pm

longtimetonyfan wrote:Points well taken Lisa and Aaron!
And I don't know MJ.....oiled hot bodies doesn't sound too bad! LMAO!
:lol:

LT, i cant not give MW a hard time if people are going to disagree with my post, work with me here :)
<<

longtimetonyfan

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:21 pm

Just kidding MJ......Sorry! I'll try to do better!
remember to enjoy life.....none of us are going to get out alive anyway
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:28 am

thanks LT any help is greatly appreciated, almost makes we wanna go out and get a tony shirt........................ almost :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
<<

justlisa

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:36 am

michaeljohn wrote:thanks LT any help is greatly appreciated, almost makes we wanna go out and get a tony shirt........................ almost :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If you get a Tony shirt I may have to buy a JJ one lol :P
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:41 am

well lisa for your info i do have a ts shirt from 2001, its a orange and black tie dye with the number 20 on it, so enjoy looking for a JJ shirt this weekend :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
<<

kevinmboots77

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:30 am

Smoke and the entire HMS team had the same idea, go to the back and wait. Smoke found Gilland back there and hooked up with him. They all made runs towards the front or the lead pack and then fell back. Their strategy worked out for them by staying out the wrecks that happened. They all made a run at the end towards the front. The difference between the HMS cars and Smoke was this, their drafting partners did not get pushed out of the way by other drivers. Kurt decided Tony would be better off with him than with Gilland. So if any one is to blame for Smoke's 17th place it would be Bush.

It's easy to blame everything and everyone else for stuff, i.e.; girlfriend, business, etc., but it boils down to this, plate racing. Nascar tries to make it safer and they end up with something completely different. As much as we hate the "two car tango," it makes for great finishes. It won't go away for a while.

I think we are all frustrated with how Smoke and Newman has performed this year. Tony seems to be able to find a new way every week to not get a good finish, Newman is on a yo-yo as usual. We all need to take a deep breathe and remember that it is only April and I am sure it will turn around before long. I have faith in every one at SHR that they can make it happen.
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it."-Voltaire
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so as well." Voltaire
<<

Smoke_14

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:58 am

I'm not frustrated at how SHR has performed so far this year. I'm frustrated by their luck, but their performance has been really good this year. Newman is 7th in points with 4 top-10's in 8 starts. Smoke, though sits 12th in points has the 4th most laps led this year of all the drivers in the Cup series. Had easily the best car at Vegas and was in position to win at Daytona and Cali. In fact, 4 times this year, Smoke was within the top 5 with under 10 to go, and got finishes outside the top-10. That isnt' bad performance, that is just bad finishing/luck. Smoke has actually run very well. Daytona, was 2nd on the last G-W-C, yet finished 13th. Cali was 3rd with 7 to go yet finished 13th. Texas was 4th on the white flag yet finished 12th. Talladega was 8th taking the white flag yet finished 17th. At those 4 races, with under 7 to go, Smoke lost a total of 38 spots. That is crazy. If Smoke had never lost, nor never gained any spots in those 4 races, he would be 17 points out of 1st place, sitting 3rd in points. The team and Tony has put themselves in positions to win or have top-5's, they just haven't been able to close it out for one reason or another. That is the only frustrating part. Overall, they have been running great for being this early in the season.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:31 am

one thing we should all keep in mind is that they are both in the top 10, yea it would be more comforting if they both had a win, but everyone knows tony is a slow starter, and the fact he is in the top 10, shouldnt that make you smoke fans excited for what can be later in the year?
along with bein a newman fan, obviously i like JJ, and he has had crappy runs on restrictor plates since winning the 500, has that stopped him from ruining his seasons of past? not at all, anyone of the 43 can win a plate race, and tony and ryan can recover and continue the decent runs they have started off with, just keep the faith, and that is my tony roberts advice for the day..........
PreviousNext

Return to Tony