FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Another year, another loss

<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:47 pm

Re: Another year, another loss

Now you know what it is like to be a Dale Snr. fan all those years! ;)
The #2 and #11 cars seemed to be the cars to beat, think how they feel? :evil:
Tony and Hamlins injuries from last year, well again i'm a Dale Snr. fan so with that i'll leave it at that with, no comment at this time. Great to see an Earnhardt in victory lane over the new but much the same #3 of RCR! 8-)
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:45 pm

wolfgang wrote:Now you know what it is like to be a Dale Snr. fan all those years! ;)
Tony and Hamlins injuries from last year, well again i'm a Dale Snr. fan so with that i'll leave it at that with, no comment at this time. Great to see an Earnhardt in victory lane over the new but much the same #3 of RCR! 8-)

actually the car to beat was Jr's :mrgreen:
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Springwolf

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Another year...But it's not over

Once the team developed fuel issues, I was hoping and watching the laps. For a while he was only 1 lap down. I was sure if they could get it fixed, he could come back from that. Sadly that wasn't going to happen. I was heart broken for him and the team.

But then it came time to cheer on Kevin, Danica and Kurt. ..ok I admit; it's really hard to cheer on Kurt. So I decided to cheer on the #41 "team" instead. When Kevin got up to 2nd and was running in the top 5, I thought it would be great if a SHR team won.

My other half is a DaleJr fan. He was born and raised in Charlotte and grew up down the street (and around the corner LOL). So when Junior won it was a big deal in our house.

I have no doubt that Anthony will get his 500 win. He'll be back next year and we can all #StandWithSmoke and hope this year is the next Title! #4 for the #14 in 2014! Four is my lucky number so he has to do well this year. I've decided that. So he will.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:56 am

I still maintain that it's just another race, just more hype. I'd still MUCH rather see Smoke win ANY road course race, but that's just me... ;) :D
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

HotCamaro

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:09 pm

When I went on the Nascar HOF tour, I learned how all the business dealings are based on "trust". As a New Yorker, I have to say that I was stunned by this as I was taught to trust no one! I too find it hard to believe that SHR gets the top engines and parts but I guess I can trust that Tony and his crew know what they have to work with. Now, I just have to work on that "trust" issue...... :lol:
<<

muskrat

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:45 am

While Tony did not win the Daytona 500, I would call speed weeks a win for Tony. He came back from a catastrophic injury, climbed into a race car had a HARD crash in the wall and walked away, started in the back and was able to drive enough so that he did not have to use his past champion provision to get in. A car malfunction caused a bad finish, but he finished, a lot of other drivers can't say that. I know that one day he will win the first race of the year, and lets be honest yes there is a lot of history and prestige with race but in the big picture it is just the first points race. As it was pointed out earlier look how long it took Dale Sr to win but he did and nobody was more snake bit than him, I mean really a bird hit his car one year.
I am still excited about him being back, he will make the chase and maybe even win his fourth championship. Just My Humble opinion.

Love and Hugs
Muskie :D
I would rather be hated for who I am than Loved for what I ain't
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:52 am

I found this on one of my favorite websites.......don't know exactly who Cody is for sure, but evidently he works for SHR and is responsible for the ECU...he explains some of the problems of that unit

**********************************************************************************************************************

TSN: So what exactly happen on pit road after that rain delay with Smoke's Car?

Cody: Ah the Engine control Unit. Well many already know thanks to Larry Mac. The fuel injection failed on us twice.

TSN: Any idea what caused the system to fail?

Cody: Well, we figured the rain. Cause a lot & I mean a lot of drivers were complaining about how the rain messed up there set-up's & car's weren't feeling right. But truth be told The electronic components inside an engine control modules are fairly robust, but sometimes things can and do go wrong. Shorts in sensor circuits may overload and damage the module. Problems with the module’s power supply (too much voltage or not enough) or ground connections can cause it to misbehave. Bad inputs from sensors or other modules may also cause it to malfunction. Corrosion, excessive heat and vibration also can cause harm to the module. And When an engine control module fails, it may or may not set any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs). This can make troubleshooting difficult and often results in misdiagnosis of a bad computer. Often the real problem is outside the computer such as a bad sensor, wiring fault, power relay or voltage issue. Complete module failures are rare, but failures within the module’s various subsystems and memory are more common. A shorted fuel injector, for example, may overload and burn out the injector driver circuit within the engine control module. If the underlying cause is not found and fixed, it can cause the replacement
computer to fail, too.

TSN: Any word on the car's for PIR?

Cody: As of now we're working on not having any failures in the engines or any bad set-up's for PIR. And we've been busting #### since the failure with the ECU and that's just today (Monday) I can't picture how the rest of the week will go. But I can assure you guy's at TSN we will finish strong & have a positive momentum going into PIR where Kevin & Kurt & Smoke have all done great at. Don't
know about Danny though J/K.

TSN: How did you become a Stewart fan & working for Smoke?

Cody: Wow, um tbh Tony was always my second favorite driver. And Dale Earnhardt, Jr. was my main. But after last season's run I figured it was time for a change & a better talent to take Junior-Nation's place. And thus in December I became a Tony fan. As for working for Smoke I started at
NASCAR Tech in February of this year. I just so happen to be explaining a basic set-up for a car in a class to the teacher & Tony was visiting the school. The rest was history from there.

TSN: Do you blame yourself for the bad run at Daytona?

Cody: Yes I do actually. Be the fact I helped set-up the car's for SHR. And to see Tony upset that bad after two failures it get's to you very bad. And kick's yah in the gut. I knew it hurt & it still
does. I worked with the SHR crew's so hard for that race & to have such a great car go wrong it suck's. But like I said I'm staying positive & i'm looking forward to PIR.

TSN: If you had another choice would you choose otherwise instead of SHR?

Cody: Never, for what Smoke did for me show's he know's talent & supports any local talent. And for him to give me that shot I wouldn't trade it for the world.

TSN: What's Smoke like in the shop, on the track & off.

Cody: Haha need I say #SodaCookies J/K. Um he's laid back. And out going. But he also play's the role as driver/boss. So I try to not screw it up or the mojo as he say's.

TSN: What's in-store for the team's in the next races. Like what's the goal for you all in the shop?

Cody: To finish strong & win. Mostly staying positive & not letting the media get to us or the team's. We can understand the sarcasm & hate. But we'll continue to stay strong. Like Smoke said " You mess with the bull, you get the horns".

TSN: Is there a way fan's can connect to you & or the SHR teams better?

Cody: Yeah actually. We got a lot coming up for the Stewart-Haas Racing website. For fan's to connect to us better. They can also check twitter. Even here or if they have any question's or concerns they can add me at facebook.com/cody.crowe or follow me on twitter @NASCARGUY89. I'll keep updates & any thing that they want I shall deliver. As for the team's.

TSN: Thank you for the time & Good Luck at Phoenix International Raceway.

Cody: Thank you Bryan. And I think I speak for the SHR squad we thank you for keeping us strong & going. And to the fan's there loyal support. Thank you all & enjoy the season #WeWillRise & we do after all #StandWithSmoke.

Special thanks to Cody for the info & Q&A's
and the time for answering our questions.
We thank you & everyone at SHR.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Jellikit

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:12 am

Man, great article and interview. 8-)
<<

SHR4ever14

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:40 am

yep i'ts another and year and yep it's another loss but whatcha gonna do? Let's just move on and pull for tony next week.
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:50 am

Thanks for the posting. It's a delight to read what insiders have to stay. Beats trying to figure out what the media is trying to spread.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

BlackFlag

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:47 pm

Yea, very disappointing. I was hoping Tony would win it this year, but it wasn't meant to be.
I thought his car had lost a cylinder or two, as bad as his car sounded when it came around us on the track.
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:29 pm

Who's the c/c of the #14 again? Sorry, I can't keep up with them! :mrgreen:
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:30 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
wolfgang wrote:Now you know what it is like to be a Dale Snr. fan all those years! ;)

actually the car to beat was Jr's :mrgreen:

I Don't Think So Tim! Heidi Ho neighbor! :mrgreen:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:06 pm

oh i think so alfalfa
I miss you Frehley........
Previous

Return to Tony