FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Politics involved in pace of Stewart Investigation.....

<<

Annalee

Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:31 pm

Politics involved in pace of Stewart Investigation.....

IF THIS TURNS OUT TO BE TRUE.....POLITICS HAVE HIT AN ALL TIME LOW......THIS CASE HAS BEEN DRAWN OUT FOR POLITICAL GRANDSTANDING....THE ELECTION IS TO HAPPEN ON TUESDAY....WHAT BETTER WAY TO GET YOUR MUG ON NATIONAL TV, THAN TO USE THIS AS A POLITICAL TOOL!!! IF THE RESULTS OF THE INVESTIGATION ARE ANNOUNCED ON MONDAY AND THE ELECTION IS ON TUESDAY...I THINK YOU GET THE PICTURE........... IF THIS IS WHAT IS GOING ON..GOD HELP US ALL!! THE WARD FAMILY AND TONY HAVE BEEN USED AS POLITICAL PAWNS TO FURTHER HIS RELECTION ...I CAN'T POST WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SAY TO THIS MAN!!!!!!

By Julie Sherwood
Canandaigua, N.Y.
CANANDAIGUA — With an unprecedented amount of attention focused on the Tony Stewart investigation, many are eager to know the outcome amid calls by some that politics might play a part in the report's release.
As the probe into the Aug. 9 crash at Canandaigua Motorsports Park drags into its fourth week, the

:twisted: Ontario County District Attorney’s Office is refusing calls and Ontario County Sheriff Phil Povero said reporter inquiries are coming from as far away as Japan.
“It is international,” Povero said Tuesday. “This investigation has probably garnered the most media attention that the Ontario County Sheriff Office has seen in many, many years.”
The sheriff, who faces his first challenger in Tuesday's Republican primary since being elected 24 years ago, reiterated this week what he said last Friday — the investigation is ongoing and expected to take about another two weeks.
Stewart hit and killed 20-year-old Kevin Ward Jr. of Port Leyden, Lewis County, when Ward left his sprint car to confront the three-time NASCAR champion after the two made contact moments before during a race.
“It is a thorough process, and we are continuing to evaluate all available information and all the facts that have been determined or are being reviewed by investigators,” Povero said. “We are working with the (Ontario County) District Attorney’s Office to review and analyze as much forensic evidence as possible.”
Some are already drawing conclusions — about whether Stewart will face charges and whether the political race between Povero and his challenger, ex-road patrol deputy Rodney Miller, has any bearing on the investigation.
“Povero is using it as a political tool,” Miller said of the investigation. Miller forced a Republican primary with Povero, a Democrat, who was endorsed by the Ontario County Republican Committee.
Miller said announcing the outcome of the investigation will be timed to give Povero an advantage with voters.
“My gut feeling is it will be announced before the primary election,” Miller said Tuesday.
Jeff Marinelli, an Ontario County resident and Miller supporter, said he thinks the timing of wrapping up the investigation might be politically motivated.

“I can’t think why it is taking so long ... There might be ulterior motives,” he said.
Povero, in a separate interview Tuesday, denied the charges.
“The election has absolutely no bearing on this investigation,” he said.
“The goal of the Sheriff’s Office is to thoroughly investigate this tragedy,” Povero added. “We would go through the same for any investigation at a racetrack or investigation of a death,” he said.
“They are making sure they cover all their bases,” he said.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:52 pm

Re: Politics involved in pace of Stewart Investigation.....

and im sure if the came back with a quick decision to prosecute, you would complain about that, the whole article is an assumption, nobody really knows what is goin on
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:02 pm

If this is the case of politics and they have taken advantage of the Ward's and Tony then it's dirty no matter what anyone says. If the entire thing is true and it is political what an embarrassment. :oops: Tony's attorney hasn't spoken yet. I'm sure he'll have a few things to say.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

BlackFlag

Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Please, say it isn't so. Shouldn't surprise me, with all the corruption going on nowadays.

It was a RACING incident. That's all.

If this is the way it's going to be, it sounds like we better dig up all the evidence again and find out who murdered Dale Earnhardt Sr.
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

jdpirate

Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:59 pm

I certainly hope it's not politically driven. I haven't seen or read anything about the elections for Ontario County.
Not really sure how any announcement would affect the voting anyway :?:
Ontario County has all of around 107,000 people. Not all are race fans--you can be sure of that.
Kevin Ward, Jr and his family are from Port Leyden, NY which is in Lewis County. (which is counties 140 miles away.)

Also..... from Rodney Miller

This week the Canandaigua Daily Messenger reported that private detective Rodney Miller said Sheriff Phil Povero was timing the release of the report to gain some kind of political advantage over him in the Republican Primary for Sheriff next Tuesday. Miller tells us his remarks were taken out of context and he wants a retraction.

He even says that either way, the results of investigation will be controversial--some will like the results and some won't depending on who they follow....so again, I say...How could it affect the voting?
I'm living my life the way I want to.... Tony Stewart
[]Never Quit...... Marcus Luttrell
<<

14Smokem

Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:03 pm

I'm kinda thinkin ..............

IF... the Sheriff is re-elected......

AND....

The investigation ends within say..... Hmmmm 10 working days.....

With NO charges filed......

We will ALL know if Polly Ticks were in play........

My personal guess is.... assuming the above re-election occurs.....
The "no charges" announcement will happen by the following Tuesday
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:49 pm

It sure seems like it's been stalled. Why is this taking so long? Would not surprise me if there's political motivation though. I'm sure they've been looking at trying to find a way to press charges since Tony is a big name. Never liked politics much and like it even less now, speculation or not. This should not have taken this long...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Searchers

Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:42 pm

With the exception of the toxicology chemistry what could be causing the delay in reporting the results?
Plenty of witnesses. True it was not on a paved street so certain routine traffic accident investigative techniques are not available.
But other than the test results the only thing causing a delay is something that would make you question their ability to do the job.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:53 am

Reminds me of the James Winston deal. NOW that they got their Championship and a Heisman winner, they're opening their own investigation???? Hmmmmmmmmm?
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:26 pm

The longer this process takes the more rumors will fly, if it was cut and dry it would have been over with by now I would think, but then again I have no clue WTF is taking so long!
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:39 pm

With modern technology.....this should have taken a couple weeks at the very most..most crime forensics take two-three weeks, two weeks on toxicology reports....more time if they don't know the cause of death, but in this case they do...they have many good videos of the accident, each about 10 -15 seconds long...you tube videos...so any good forensic photographer can enhance, slow down, each video....that could take at the most 2-3 days....which this process has already been done ...Then in slow motion, enhanced video they can recreate the actual incident.... I hope and pray they are not that stupid or incompetent...my guess is this Sherriff is paying more attention to his re election than the job he was elected to do....sound familiar.....he is out for his 15 minutes of fame.. So we will sit and wait !!!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

14Smokem

Post Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:40 pm

Annalee wrote:With modern technology.....this should have taken a couple weeks at the very most..most crime forensics take two-three weeks, two weeks on toxicology reports....more time if they don't know the cause of death, but in this case they do...they have many good videos of the accident, each about 10 -15 seconds long...you tube videos...so any good forensic photographer can enhance, slow down, each video....that could take at the most 2-3 days....which this process has already been done ...Then in slow motion, enhanced video they can recreate the actual incident.... I hope and pray they are not that stupid or incompetent...my guess is this Sherriff is paying more attention to his re election than the job he was elected to do....sound familiar.....he is out for his 15 minutes of fame.. So we will sit and wait !!!

We really need a "LIKE" button on this site.

Well said Annalee.....
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:54 pm

they could be waiting toxicology reports from kevin ward that can take 6-8 weeks
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:11 pm

Think some have been watching too many TV crime and investigation shows! :mrgreen:
<<

jdpirate

Post Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:08 am

September 11, 2014

An investigation into the incident in which former NASCAR champion Tony Stewart’s car struck and killed a fellow driver who was on foot during a sprint-car race last month has been completed, the sheriff’s office in Ontario County, N.Y., said Thursday.

The probe’s findings were turned over to the county district attorney’s office, which “will make a statement late next week advising what action will be taken,” Sheriff Philip Povero said in a statement.

So now we wait some more...
I'm living my life the way I want to.... Tony Stewart
[]Never Quit...... Marcus Luttrell
Next

Return to Tony