FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dear Chad Johnston

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:22 am

Re: Dear Chad Johnston

So who's ready to take Steve Addington back? :mrgreen:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****
<<

racer1

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:22 am

" I'm just not so sure Chad Johnston has the ability to make the car better with adjustments. "

Hes not the only one?

That'll teach Tony for bragging him up like he did when hes had a couple good finishes this yr? This race was a struggle for several SHR drivers as remember the comment "SHR is NOT Consistent"--never proven more right then last nights race? :roll:

However-- the GOOD--ALL SHR drivers were running at the end--couldve been worse?
<<

Outlaw7841

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:33 am

I would take Chad Johnston over Steve Addington in a heartbeat. Steve was a terrible Crew Chief.
<<

Taskforce14

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:58 am

I think the only reason Tony is bragging up anyone is to try and show support and help build confidence. He is so much different than he was years ago.
<<

Taskforce14

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:04 pm

Doc, I agree with you. Chad just doesn't seem to be able to get the car better. I've never heard so many huge adjustments to a car in a season as I have so far this year. It's like they aren't even close in many of these races. I don't see this working out with him but other than Zippy who else is there? And really, what good would zippy do? You gotta believe that SHR has a bank full of adjustments to make a car do what they want it to do but nothing is working.
<<

14Smokem

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:09 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Dear Sir,

I have a feeling you will be arrested after the race for impersonating a crew chief. Don't call me, I will not come bail you out.
Best comment in the thread..... Laffin my considerable arse off.... :D :D :D

onerockindoc wrote:Ready to bail? Thought about that...yep I'm ready. I think I've given this some proper thought. While I like this guy and I believe being the crew chief to the often temperamental 3 time champion is not easy this is not a good match.
Very valid point. Anybody filling that position knows in advance it is going to
be a daunting task.

TishR wrote:Doc ugly does not even come close to describing last night. Disaster was more like it. I don't think I have heard Tony come unglued at a crew chief like that in a long time.
Nuther valid point

racer1 wrote:That'll teach Tony for bragging him up like he did when hes had a couple good finishes this yr?
Racer.... This is a testosterone driven sport. (Yes women have testosterone as well)
Please read... slowly.... the below List of Championships..... Bragging rights EARNED.
He dammned well better have some huge orbs, AND be proud of 'em.

Taskforce14 wrote:I've never heard so many huge adjustments to a car in a season as I have so far this year. It's like they aren't even close in many of these races. I don't see this working out with him but other than Zippy who else is there?
Yup Force14..... good summation. I don't pretend to know the answers, and obviously
the Team does NOT know them either. Remember Zippy is above all of this. You can bet
your last nickel, Zippy and Smoke are burning down the phone lines as we speak.
Monday morning the table may be shy One Player. I am still amazed Johnston is still
there.
Rock back and think about it.... We are openly discussing this.... They know much
more than we do... Discussion within, is running rampant... right now.

My guess..... Johnston is history.... The Zip, will be on the box next race.
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:47 pm

If they haven't built the padded room yet, they better get busy.... Monday is going to be brutal...... I didn't understand with the changes they made all night, why Chad waited until 20 laps to go to try a completely different direction.....and another answer Chad gave Tony was that Kevin was having the same problem....not a good answer! I think that is when the explosion occurred inside Tonys car!!

Plus Bob, Tonys spotter, something isn't clicking.... like it use to.....I don't know if he sees why Tonys car is so messed up and wants to help or has given up..... :roll: :roll: I just do not know, something is definitely not the same.....and that worries me ALOT!! They were the best!!

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:59 pm

For any of you that were unable to listen to Tony last night...when Chad told him that Kevin was having the same problems that's when Tony went apesH!t and dropped quite a few F bombs. Said if Chad hadn't noticed he wasn't driving Kevin's car.

It got a little uglier after that when Tony asked Bob if he was racing someone (for position).

I didn't and don't feel like Bob has been any different Annalee.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:03 pm

even if zip came back, he wont win a championship.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Outlaw7841

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:17 pm

What we all have to remember is at one time when it was decided Addington wasn't coming back Zippy went to Tony and talked to him about possibly returning to the box. Tony said NO. Zippy wants to call races and be able to fix the cars when they aren't running well. He says that he misses that. Yes I would love to see them two back together. How high am i getting my hopes? Not real high.
<<

Taskforce14

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:41 pm

Interesting. I didn't hear Tony get upset with Chad. I gave up listening by that point.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:58 pm

I guess I've never understood why so many want Zippy back. The last couple of years they were together, they seemed rather stale to me and I remember a lot of heated exchanges between them. The only difference there was that Zippy gave as good as he got. I haven't looked at those stats but that was the feeling I got.

The impression I got from the in-car Saturday night was that the set-up from the shop was wrong, hence not being able to "fix" it. I heard the exchange regarding Cupcake's car but that didn't seem harsh to me. I also heard the exchange between Bob and Tony about who he was racing. It was a bad night so I didn't expect niceties to come from Tony. And one of the changes to the car that didn't work was what Tony told them to do. I really think the tires and the ride height changes have thrown a lot of teams for a loop. They talk about how difficult the set-ups are this year with the rule changes and how much it upsets the balance of the car. Plus, they don't seem to be able to rely on their teammates notes. I've heard them say they all have different "wants" in their set-ups. If I was a crew chief, I'd rather eat a bug with fuzz than be the 14 crew chief. The odds for long term employment are not in their favor.

I don't think they've been together long enough to be making permanent changes yet. But we all know Tony will do what he wants so we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:08 pm

All good points Rochelle.

Have you eaten a bug with fuzz? Inquiring minds you know.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:55 pm

onerockindoc wrote:All good points Rochelle.

Have you eaten a bug with fuzz? Inquiring minds you know.

Luckily I haven't had to do that yet, but you never know what the future holds. One of these days I'll make that statement and it may come back to haunt me.

But in this case, I think I'd rather take a shot at being his crew chief, just for the chance to grab his butt just once... :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Taskforce14

Post Sun May 04, 2014 3:43 pm

Talladega. Another great run for the 14. I don't see how they will even make the chase at this point.
PreviousNext

Return to Tony