FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dear Chad Johnston

<<

azk8ster

Post Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:40 pm

Re: Dear Chad Johnston

When Chad and Tony were discussing whether or not to come in, Tony said, and I quote, "We have to, Bud." Chad then told the crew that he was coming in for four tires. Bob, as always, reminded him of the tach, and the rest.....just plain SUCKS!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:25 am

seems like a lot of you just want to use Chad as a kickme dog.
Someone in the Chat room said Tony was fading before the yellow. Tony wasn't gonna get a top 5 if he stayed out. At some point once the tires are gone the fall off fast. Then everyone would be saying that he should have pitted. Ryan pitted & with his slow #### pit crew fell all the way back to p22 & came through once those on old tires fell off all the way to p11, so if Tony doesn't get caught speeding, he probably ends up with a top 5.

but I guess that was chads fault. For those wanting to back seat Crew chief. Tony pitting was the right call. If tony stayed out he probably doesn't finish in the top 15 anyways. (maybe even gets wrecked trying to hold off fresh tires)

If a late yellow comes out, fresh tires just might have won the race.
ImageImageImage
<<

kim92164

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:20 am

Tony wasn't doing too bad until he was speeding on pit road. That wasn't Chad's fault. The crew chief doesn't control the speed of the driver when he pits. Personally I think that with him speeding when he shouldn't be, is that he is trying too hard to prove himself to himself. Tony is a good driver, but he needs to take a deep breath. It's like taking a test over and over again, if you try too hard you're not going to pass, but if you calm down you'll breeze right through it. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my feeling.
<<

jdpirate

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:06 am

I agree Schmoop.... Chad seems to be the dumping ground, when Tony has a lot to do with the issues.... Unfortunately, people make mistakes and/or bad stuff happens :(
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:06 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:seems like a lot of you just want to use Chad as a kickme dog.
Someone in the Chat room said Tony was fading before the yellow. Tony wasn't gonna get a top 5 if he stayed out. At some point once the tires are gone the fall off fast. Then everyone would be saying that he should have pitted. Ryan pitted & with his slow #### pit crew fell all the way back to p22 & came through once those on old tires fell off all the way to p11, so if Tony doesn't get caught speeding, he probably ends up with a top 5.

but I guess that was chads fault. For those wanting to back seat Crew chief. Tony pitting was the right call. If tony stayed out he probably doesn't finish in the top 15 anyways. (maybe even gets wrecked trying to hold off fresh tires)

I'm sure Tony is owning up to this one...again.

Maybe instead of "back seat Crew chief"...."Couch Potato Crew Chief" ...just has a nicer ring to it. :mrgreen:
<<

jdpirate

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:03 am

I like it! CPCC....Couch Potato Crew Chief.... :lol: :lol:
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:30 am

Jellikit wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:seems like a lot of you just want to use Chad as a kickme dog.

Maybe instead of "back seat Crew chief"...."Couch Potato Crew Chief" ...just has a nicer ring to it. :mrgreen:

I posted this in another thread:

After the Sonoma race, Tony sent this Tweet: "Long day today. Stepped on my **** again!"

He owned up.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:52 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
Jellikit wrote:

I posted this in another thread:

After the Sonoma race, Tony sent this Tweet: "Long day today. Stepped on my **** again!"

He owned up.

Yeah, figured he would. Tough break. Tougher to take two times.
<<

jdpirate

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:30 pm

Well, Tony really has to own up to it.....nobody else is in the car and driving with him :lol: Can't blame it on anybody else :|
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:03 am

jdpirate wrote:Well, Tony really has to own up to it.....nobody else is in the car and driving with him :lol: Can't blame it on anybody else :|

maybe he was having one of his elvis moments :D
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

14Smokem

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:31 am

Earlier this season, I was pretty convinced that Chad2
was a problem, and that he would not make the grade.
As this season has continued to unfold, I am of the opinion
there is a great deal of trust in him, and the team believes
he is the right guy for the job.

Tony is not super human, he makes mistakes.... so what?
We all make mistakes. The good news is, what other driver
would you pick week after week to win???? Smoke is dangerous.
There is no need for panic.... Smoke will be there.... AND be
a factor....
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

jdpirate

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:57 am

14Smokem wrote:
Earlier this season, I was pretty convinced that Chad2
was a problem, and that he would not make the grade.
As this season has continued to unfold, I am of the opinion
there is a great deal of trust in him, and the team believes
he is the right guy for the job.

Tony is not super human, he makes mistakes.... so what?
We all make mistakes. The good news is, what other driver
would you pick week after week to win???? Smoke is dangerous.
There is no need for panic.... Smoke will be there.... AND be
a factor....

I concur wholeheartedly, Smokem!
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:32 am

Dear Chad Johnston,

Sorry I missed the race tonight but a girl has to go out and have some fun every now and again.

From the back of the pack to P11? Yes, we will take it!!

Next week I'm hoping to see even much more improvement. It's Daytona baby!

Yours truly,

Doc.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:39 am

tick tock, tick tock, tick tock...
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Outlaw7841

Post Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:31 pm

Here what I think of the season overall, and about Chad Johnston, we all forget while Kevin, and the rest of the teams were doing testing, Tony wasn't. That results to no communication between driver and CC and therefore no chemistry. Secondly, I believe, that if Mark Martin didn't speak so highly of Chad and how he can do things he would not be with Tony or at SHR. Tony has made mistakes, but BIG mistakes you look at Pocono, I think its an easy top 5 most likely a win with how good his car was. Even back up a week before his car was good enough for a top 3 at Dover. At Michigan, That was just a little to aggressive right there at that time I believe, although I'm not a fan of blocking either. Sonoma he could of had a top 5 car. He wasn't running like it but if you read the things he said in his press release before Sonoma, He said you gotta be there the last twenty laps. He was sixth at one point. So he was right where he wanted to be. Kentucky His car was good just needed the track position. Also on restarts if he started on the inside he would go backwards a couple spots. (Ex. the last restart came out 13th went back to 16th) But on the outside he was able to either maintain or pass cars. My thought of the season is that there has certainly been some mistakes and top 10's top 5's and maybe possible wins given away. But if you look at how Tony's ran at a lot of places this year he's running so much better. Look at Dover. He is terrible there! He finished 7th! Look at Martinsville, he got caught speeding there, otherwise he would've had a top ten or top 5 Darlington was bad for most of the race but he need track position and at the end he got a liitle bit of it and rallied to 9th.. Theres room for improvement but thats no different from the 2, 4, 24, 48, or 88. My overall thought is that Chad is one heck of a CC and I think great things are still to come out of this team.
PreviousNext

Return to Tony