FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dear Chad Johnston

<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu May 15, 2014 6:45 pm

Re: Dear Chad Johnston

Yes Andystowe...that's what he said. Feeling encouraged to say the least.

I think if our Chad can set up a car and gain knowledge on how to make meaningful changes during the race that he will be the "total package". He's got the pit strategy down.

And...btw....welcome to our group. Looking forward to your participation.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

Annalee

Post Thu May 15, 2014 8:24 pm

andystowe wrote:
Annalee wrote:Do any of you remember 2011....Do any of you remember what he said then.....that was Tony Stewart....
This is Tony Stewart , he hasn't changed....He has a new crew chief.........as Tony signed off on his scanner.....he said we found something and I will talk to you ( Chad) about it later, when we debrief......Remember who you are talking about......Remember what he can do!!

Did Tony Say "we found something" to CJ after the race Saturday night? If so...is that all he said?

Andy.....when I answered your PM.....I was in such a hurry ......I think I told you about Tony being quiet on the radio at the end and that isn't a good sign, but he truly was upbeat about what he had found during the race and was trying to make Chad feel better ........ I really liked what I heard, now how that will translate into the Charlotte races...I don't know.... but I am hoping it could be a light at the end of the this tunnel... Tomorrow when they practice, maybe we will see some type of turn around with the handling of his car.....and again Welcome to the website....

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

jdpirate

Post Fri May 16, 2014 9:39 am

Tony not saying anything else to Chad on the radio about what they found is not a big deal. Remember, other teams scan teams' radios, so he would only talk with Chad personally after the race about it. We may never know what it was and that's OK.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

griff5071

Post Sat May 17, 2014 11:22 pm

Another great night of calls by Chad! Maybe PORK CHOP ought to be the CC for Tony, at least then when he is driving a racing pig, there will be a good reason. Man, I never thought I would see in my lifetime SMOKE running at the back of the pack week in and week out. The only good thing I can say is, Tony is running so slow that he has plenty of time to miss the wreaks.

I can't stand watching races where they don't even mention SMOKE!

Truly a sad year for SMOKE fans!

Jamie Mac wins a million dollars tonight, with a rookie crew chief!

Tony, 12th. Only that high thanks to the wreaks. I think I'm going to be sick!
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat May 17, 2014 11:34 pm

Maybe a little less ranting and a little more listening to Tony's radio would help calm you down a bit. Tony seems to be quite calm and was searching for better wording to describe what he was feeling in the car. On a more humorous note, he said he needs to go to a pawn shop this week to find his balls... Made me smile anyway... :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sat May 17, 2014 11:42 pm

Dear Chad,

I'm just not sure what to say......it should be abundantly clear to you after this race that your driver does not like the feel of his car. This is on YOU friend. It is up to you to make him happy. I heard him say that he does not have the confidence in the back end. Not sure if the car is truly bad or if he just doesn't like it....y'all need to work on this...pronto.

I will chip in when you guys go to the pawn shop this week. Put me down for 100 bucks.

Your pen pal,

Doc
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

14Smokem

Post Sun May 18, 2014 12:07 am

onerockindoc wrote:Dear Chad,

I'm just not sure what to say......it should be abundantly clear to you after this race that your driver does not like the feel of his car. This is on YOU friend. It is up to you to make him happy. I heard him say that he does not have the confidence in the back end. Not sure if the car is truly bad or if he just doesn't like it....y'all need to work on this...pronto.

I will chip in when you guys go to the pawn shop this week. Put me down for 100 bucks.

Your pen pal,

Doc

Doc.... Doc.... Doc......

Admit it.....

You simply want to go to the Pawn Shop

And make an assessment of the orbs....!!!! :D :D :D
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun May 18, 2014 12:17 am

Yep...wanna check out those suckers for myself. And I'm going to go all Stevie Wonder and feel them every which way.
Bob Marley
<<

jdpirate

Post Sun May 18, 2014 8:51 am

Ummmm..... :lol:
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun May 18, 2014 9:10 am

Doc, Doc, Doc, Doc, Doc... :roll: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

griff5071

Post Sat May 24, 2014 1:50 pm

Really glad to see you coming around! Tony (can't call him Smoke until he runs up where he belongs) is burning up the track today - 24th fastest! You really are doing great things with all that talent and top rate equipment!

We can only hope that 24th quick today will be faster tomorrow night!
<<

griff5071

Post Sun May 25, 2014 7:06 pm

griff5071 wrote:Really glad to see you coming around! Tony (can't call him Smoke until he runs up where he belongs) is burning up the track today - 24th fastest! You really are doing great things with all that talent and top rate equipment!

We can only hope that 24th quick today will be faster tomorrow night!

NOPE! About 2 car lengths from being a lap down after 74 laps!
Way to go Chad, you are a gem!
Either you need to go, or Tony needs to retire. Running in the 20's week after week, something needs to change. Your setups are not close to running up front. Your car is never even talked about any more, that is how bad things are. A three time champ, and he never even gets mentioned, except to say he is going a lap down.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun May 25, 2014 10:13 pm

A little premature I think... He's in 9th place right now :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun May 25, 2014 10:47 pm

Dear Chad,

I think you are truly gaining on the car. The end result was not as important as how you were able to make improvements during this the longest race.

You are very lucky indeed to have your driver and boss have such confidence in your ability. I think you guys are going to be OK.

I'm off tomorrow....how about lunch? Have your people call my people, I'm buying.

Thrilled to be your buddy,

Doc
Bob Marley
<<

TishR

Post Mon May 26, 2014 9:00 am

Last night was steps in the right direction for the team. Chad made some good adjustments on that 14. I still think part of their problem is communication because listening to Tony's radio it did seem like towards the end of the race Chad was trying to get info out of Tony because he was pretty quiet on his radio. I do know that Tony was a lot happier last night because he said they were 1000% better than last week and he was encouraged that they are headed in the right direction. It may seem like small steps but I think they are finally moving forward.
Tish
PreviousNext

Return to Tony